shape
carat
color
clarity

ILander?? I need your help

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ILander, I remember you have a gift for finding missing things. I need your help! Are you around?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Whatcha huntin AMC?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Ugh. My fiance is a deputy sheriff. He realized yesterday that he hasn't seen his badge in a while. It's not the one he wears everyday to work with his uniform...and he has another one in his wallet. The one missing is on a leather clip thing and it's the one he would wear with street clothes. He just realized it's missing. He moved from into my place a few weeks ago so we aren't sure if it got lost in the move or if we put it "somewhere safe." I think it's somewhere around my place, but we can't find it. HELP.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Do you have drawers in your living room? in a side table or one that hides under the coffee table? My other thought was somewhere in his personal vehicle?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1311355524|2974661 said:
Do you have drawers in your living room? in a side table or one that hides under the coffee table? My other thought was somewhere in his personal vehicle?

Thank you. I thought it was in his personal vehicle as well. He looked but I'll look as well when I get home...for some reason guys aren't good lookers. Ha. The only drawers in the living room are in the entertainment center. He looked there as well but it is really unlikely they'd be in there. I'm just hoping it didn't get thrown out by accident in the move.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Hi! :wavey:

I can't see anything on it. I saw a yellow shirt and then a brown shirt/jacket thing, and then it disappeared. Then I keep thinking luggage for some reason.

I'm not sure I'm any help, but I am thinking you'll find it very soon.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did he toss it in a box/bag of clothes during the move?
I know I did that with a couple of smaller important things I didn't want to lose when we moved.... then forgot I'd stuck them there :rolleyes:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1311357742|2974684 said:
Hi! :wavey:

I can't see anything on it. I saw a yellow shirt and then a brown shirt/jacket thing, and then it disappeared. Then I keep thinking luggage for some reason.

I'm not sure I'm any help, but I am thinking you'll find it very soon.

Hmmm...we were thinking luggage as well but checked last night and no luck :( But we will continue the search. I'll keep the yellow shirt/brown shirt in mind as we look. He does have a lot of both of those colors since he's an Oregon Ducks fan and his department wears brown.

And I really hope we find it soon! He'll get in trouble if it's lost for good. Thanks for the help, and please let me know if you think of anything else!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1311357865|2974686 said:
Did he toss it in a box/bag of clothes during the move?
I know I did that with a couple of smaller important things I didn't want to lose when we moved.... then forgot I'd stuck them there :rolleyes:

Perhaps. I hate putting things "somewhere safe." It's the best way to ensure it gets lost.

Maybe this will help- before he officially moved in, he would get to my place and put his gun, keys, wallet, and badge on the kitchen counter. Sometimes he's stick all that stuff in his backpack in the morning for transport back to his place. He realized it was missing when he couldn't find it in his backpack.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Have you checked all kitchen drawers as well?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1311359897|2974718 said:
Have you checked all kitchen drawers as well?

Yep :(sad

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here's a weird question; in or near shoes? I am thinking near something leather.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Islander--can you help me find a pair of white topaz earrings? They are emerald cut 10ct. each in yellow gold. I've ripped my bedroom apart trying to find them to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
ILander and Dragonfly...any more ideas? I've searched all of the likely places. No luck :(

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a coat hanger? With coats?

Or is there one at the department he works at? Perhaps he left a jacket there?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare|1311383639|2974968 said:
Islander--can you help me find a pair of white topaz earrings? They are emerald cut 10ct. each in yellow gold. I've ripped my bedroom apart trying to find them to no avail.

Thanks for any help.

Amber One thought that came to mind was behind a dresser or large piece of furniture like that... Islander might be able to help more than me though on that one.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1311879250|2979118 said:
Do you have a coat hanger? With coats?

Or is there one at the department he works at? Perhaps he left a jacket there?

Nope...it's been hot here, so he hasn't used a coat in months. Thanks though :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Umm... is this a private thread, or can anyone inquire? I'm happy to start a new thread if I'm infringing...

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband has a kind of leatherman thing that he even takes to work in his dress pants. So it often gets mislaid either when he is getting out of his clothes (so he sticks it in some random pocket), or when doing laundry. So I would suggest looking wherever things float to when found doing laundry, or look in rarely used jacket pockets.

Good luck!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1311921190|2979598 said:
Umm... is this a private thread, or can anyone inquire? I'm happy to start a new thread if I'm infringing...

Nope, go for it!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Amber St. Clare said:

Thanks for any help.

Hi Amber! :wavey:

You still have the earrings, did you try your other purses?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1311869667|2978983 said:
ILander and Dragonfly...any more ideas? I've searched all of the likely places. No luck :(

Here's what I keep seeing; badge between 2 dark things. I think this is just other badge in the wallet thingy.

Spend some time thinking about the badge you lost, picturing it while you read this thread, and I'll come back later and see if I get anything.

I got the brown and yellow shirts, which is a hoot, because all our officers wear blue and I've only seen brown uniforms on TV. ;))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1311966921|2979981 said:
Amber St. Clare said:

Thanks for any help.

Hi Amber! :wavey:

You still have the earrings, did you try your other purses?

OR luggage? You wore them with a very light colored, springy dress while traveling?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1311921190|2979598 said:

I think you ate yours ;)) JK! I wish I could help hon, Ilander is much better at finding things, and I have tried really hard when reading your thread and couldn't come up with anything at all. It's in your house somewhere I'm sure.

Actually I lost my toe ring recently, but I'm pretty sure it was in a parking lot and is long gone. I know how the feeling is though, my heart sank, and I'm really sad over it. It had diamonds.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you amc.

Dragonfly... LOL. I checked with my belly and it said... Nope. I too think it's in the house, and I think it's either in the living room or my bedroom (including bathroom and closets). But so far, bumpkis. I'm sorry to hear about your diamond toe ring, that stinks! ((HUGS)) and commiseration. Thank you for looking for me though.

ILander... may I impose? I can't find my engagement ring anywhere I've searched and I was wondering if you might see anything to help me narrow my search... if it's not too great a favor to ask. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-steven-kirsch-halo-re-set-is-here.158813/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-steven-kirsch-halo-re-set-is-here.158813/[/URL] Is my ring... I don't know if pictures help, but I figured they couldn't hurt. Many thanks either way. :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
Thank you amc.

Dragonfly... LOL. I checked with my belly and it said... Nope. I too think it's in the house, and I think it's either in the living room or my bedroom (including bathroom and closets). But so far, bumpkis. I'm sorry to hear about your diamond toe ring, that stinks! ((HUGS)) and commiseration. Thank you for looking for me though.

ILander... may I impose? I can't find my engagement ring anywhere I've searched and I was wondering if you might see anything to help me narrow my search... if it's not too great a favor to ask. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-steven-kirsch-halo-re-set-is-here.158813/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-steven-kirsch-halo-re-set-is-here.158813/[/URL] Is my ring... I don't know if pictures help, but I figured they couldn't hurt. Many thanks either way. :wavey:

This is what I sense, and I can't explain it; you didn't lose your ring.

That's it. That's all I get.

Then my brain says; Did someone take it? Without intending to steal it or do harm with it. I feel like it's not lost, but it was somehow innocently taken? How could that possibly be?

I can only tell you the picture or feeling, I can't actually make sense of it. (where's a shrug emoticon?)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh. I didn't lose it. So maybe it's somewhere obvious and I haven't looked there?

Or maybe... someone did take it. I'll call the maid and ask her. Or maybe I shouldn't. If she took it innocently, maybe she'll return it when she comes this week.

I hope someone didn't take it intentionally. If they did, that means I won't get it back. I really don't want a different ring.

Thank you for looking iLander, I REALLY REALLY appreciate it. I'll keep things updated. Claire is coming over in a couple days to help me look, and I'm going to hunt more this weekend, though not tonight. Tonight I'm going to try to relax. ((HUGS)) and many thanks again.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
My DH said I should clarify; You may not know where it is, but someone else does.

Does that help?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've been REALLY SUPER anti-social. So it's pretty much only the maid, me or hubby.

I'll call the maid. Maybe I'll text her?

THANK YOU.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
I've been REALLY SUPER anti-social. So it's pretty much only the maid, me or hubby.

I'll call the maid.

I'd ask the hubby, too . . .

But what do I know? I could be WAY off.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results