shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI vs Gemscan. IGI is a better Lab

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
Finally we have an international Lab in Canada
From what i hear Gemscan is only a one office graders.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I suggest you send IGI four diamonds, 1ct or larger, that already have GIA reports made on them. Pick diamonds that are E, G, I, and K color. Pick one VVS2, one VS2, one SI1 and one SI2.

I would wager the price of a case of Molson's that IGI will give you some results that will make you wonder about what they do. Maybe I will lose. Who knows?

Now, if the majority, 5 of 8, of the color and clarity grades grades turn out the same or lower than the GIA, you win. If the majority, 5 of 8, of the grades turn out the same or higher than the GIA, I win.

Anyone care to take the time and money to put this test into action? It is pure speculation that IGI will be better than the Gem Scan lab. Maybe yes and maybe no. For certain, IGI is a very big operation and will do a lot of business up there in time.

jessicarfc75

Rough_Rock
I am bumping this because I find it humerous...this, along with the other IGI threads, smell like an advertisement to me. Gemscan only one location...hmm...well I can think of numerous businesses that have fewer locations, and yet are much better at providing the services or goods. Retail jewelers, for example...With them, it seems that quality definitely does NOT go up proportionally with the number of locations. Food for thought. :devil:

Greatcall

Rough_Rock
How many molson are we betting on again?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results