shape
carat
color
clarity

IGI certification questions

calico

Rough_Rock
After reviewing a lot of lab diamond certificates, I was curious about a few issues if anyone knows or could point me to resources. I tried searching online and here but wasn’t finding the most relevant answers.
  1. Does IGI round angles and percentages like GIA that could have wide variations or are they closer to the actual numbers?
  2. Why doesn’t IGI note the LGF percentage? I saw a lot of opinions on them when discussing angle combinations in natural diamonds but noticed they are not shown for many lab diamonds since IGI does the majority of certs.
  3. Is the Hearts & Arrows comment meaningful on random diamonds, as in was it actually checked and verified? I noticed the JA True Hearts IGI certificates look different than other nonbranded diamond certificates that have that note (red images vs blue and shown at the top).

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
After reviewing a lot of lab diamond certificates, I was curious about a few issues if anyone knows or could point me to resources. I tried searching online and here but wasn’t finding the most relevant answers.
  1. Does IGI round angles and percentages like GIA that could have wide variations or are they closer to the actual numbers?
  2. Why doesn’t IGI note the LGF percentage? I saw a lot of opinions on them when discussing angle combinations in natural diamonds but noticed they are not shown for many lab diamonds since IGI does the majority of certs.
  3. Is the Hearts & Arrows comment meaningful on random diamonds, as in was it actually checked and verified? I noticed the JA True Hearts IGI certificates look different than other nonbranded diamond certificates that have that note (red images vs blue and shown at the top).

Hi, calico!
1. IGI does round and average...some figures like GIA, some like AGS used to.

2. That's been a question in my mind since I delved into the intricacies of diamond proportions and optical performance.

3. I have also noticed that some IGI reports have red or blue logos for H&A. Not sure why. What John Pollard has told us is that IGI does use a H&A Scope to check for H&A during grading. Not sure if this is an optional/add-on service or if all rounds are checked, or what IGI's criteria and strictness is.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to Deja. Not having the lowers % shown on the cert is irritating! I asked Karl in a different thread if there was a way to calculate them and apparently there isn't (not from the info shown, anyway)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results