shape
carat
color
clarity

IG Seller CeylonSapphireGems Experience

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been looking much at his IG because I have no cash, and if I did I know I'd be buying more stones! It's a blessing in disguise that I can't use a credit card with him!

I purchased a pad from him a few weeks ago, and it's supposed to export Friday. He said the shutdown has really slowed things.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I heard from him today about my pad that was to be shipped tomorrow. The stone came back from the lab as pink, not pad. :cry2: I just wanted you all to know the the lab does not label stones whatever the vendor requests, as others have mentioned on other threads. Also, he offered a refund but I'm going to browse a bit first. :twisted2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I heard from him today about my pad that was to be shipped tomorrow. The stone came back from the lab as pink, not pad. :cry2: I just wanted you all to know the the lab does not label stones whatever the vendor requests, as others have mentioned on other threads. Also, he offered a refund but I'm going to browse a bit first. :twisted2:

Yes, well, I wouldn't be willing to pay a pad premium for a gem that the labs wouldn't report as a pad :p

Sorry to hear it didn't get the pad designation. Do you still love the stone? Maybe he'll be willing to offer a bit of a discount? Either way, I'm glad to know that the vendor is willing to offer a refund. Can't want to find out what you end up deciding on!

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock

Oh. I am sorry for that. I am curious, Which stone was it?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh. I am sorry for that. I am curious, Which stone was it?

A pink one. :lol-2:

It's this sapphire. I wasn't actually sure how it would end-up, since the orange isn't obvious throughout, yet it does look close to my other pads. I'm not surprised that it didn't get the pad label. I'll either get something else or get a refund. I hadn't even thought of asking for a discount on the stone. :roll2:

I was actually very happy with this experience. He contacted me as soon as he got the report and offered the refund. While the lab reports have been supported by the GIA ones I had done, I'm glad that lab doesn't just throw labels around.

Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 10.46.53 PM.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Did he mention which lab?

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve had a similar experience when a stone he thought was unheated came back with H designation. He contacted me immediately to let me know and offered either a refund, a discount or an alternative stone. Gave me a good sense of trust.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did he mention which lab?

He uses Ceylon Gem Lab. The stone was labeled "baby pink" which I found interesting, as I don't think I've seen that on a report before.

It turns out it was a stone he bought already cut from someone, and once it came back without the pad designation, he returned it to them so it's no longer available.
I decided to go with a stone I had previously inquired about, a lovely unheated 5 ct purple:

5dot0PurpleSapphire2.png

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
@PinkAndBlueBling I see you have so many beautiful gems!! Ah! My question is how are you going to set some of these beauties?! And the seller oh my gosh I definitely want to buy from him one day. I have a feeling you’ve done him a favor by sending lots of PSers his way!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What about the yellow???

Hard as it is to believe, my credit cards are maxed out for now. :roll2: I can set more in another month or two.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hard as it is to believe, my credit cards are maxed out for now. :roll2: I can set more in another month or two.

I feel your pain (um 3 rings back to back over here). Thank God for PS to make me feel less crazy...

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The blue is going into this setting with diamonds and platinum:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 11.24.51 AM.png

The pink will be in this, but no wax yet, just a photoshop:

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 11.28.55 AM.png

It's this setting:
Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 11.30.24 AM.png

Ok where did you find that setting?! I can't seem to find anything that blingy.

I love your blue sapphire (welland of them) but having serious blue envy! Sadly, even at these fabulous prices I don't think they are in my future.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok where did you find that setting?!

Both settings are from Karat Jewelry Group on Etsy. They have lovely custom settings, as well as some run-of-the-mill settings all vendors seem to carry. She showed me several beautiful settings that aren't in their store, like these below. After looking at the emerald halos a bit more, I just asked how much one would be. Why not?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaratJewelryGroup?ref=profile_header

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.00.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.03.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.07.57 PM.png

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh… I LOVE the halos

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Both settings are from Karat Jewelry Group on Etsy. They have lovely custom settings, as well as some run-of-the-mill settings all vendors seem to carry. She showed me several beautiful settings that aren't in their store, like these below. After looking at the emerald halos a bit more, I just asked how much one would be. Why not?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/KaratJewelryGroup?ref=profile_header

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.00.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.03.33 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.07.57 PM.png

Thank you so much for sharing! I really appreciate how open and sharing you are, it really helps build confidence with these vendors too!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was eyeing this purple one too! Has you received it yet?

I received it the other day. It's gorgeous, but I cannot get a photo that shows the sparkle! :wall: His photos are very accurate. The photo above is not how it looks on a regular basis, but I figured that when I bought it. Here is mine indoors, natural light vs his. Outside or inside near lights it's more sparkly and bright.

5dot0PurpleSapphire3.jpeg Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 6.40.58 PM.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Those turned out amazing! :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Wow you have small fingers! Looks good to me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results