shape
carat
color
clarity

If you''re a passenger on a road trip, do you fall asleep?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I always fall asleep when DH and I go visit my parents (300 something miles away). I try to stay up and chit chat with him, but I always end up dozing off. I don't feel bad though because he is my DH, and he would fall asleep if I was driving

However, when I go on a road trip with friends, I've always stay up. I don't want to be rude and just leave my friends driving.

I wouldn't be bothered if the passengers sleep. I agree with everyone that the turning down the radio and the paying for the car and gas would bother me. Your friend was really rude, and took advantage of you. You need to ask her for the money back now.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
DH wishes I would sleep in the car as I am the most terrible back-seat driver.

I don''t drive - it took me 14 years, 5 tests and around 2,000 hour-long driving lessons to pass. Granted the UK driving test is pretty horrific, but even so. I''m a very good driver, but super nervous - we are talking beta blockers for lessons, let alone the test - so DH prefers to drive as it''s his car.
9.gif

I would send her an email with the bill - don''t apologise etc, just say that you''ve now had a chance to go through the petrol and rental receipts and her half is...

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
She was the one who wanted to go, and you took care of renting the car and paying for gas? and she never even brought it up? Odd.

I would do exactly as Pandora suggested.

And to answer your original question: No I don't fall asleep while I sit in the passenger seat, well, depends who I'm with, if i'm with bf I stay awake, but I have never fallen asleep while a friend was driving, if I'm with my parents I can doze off for a while. It kind of depends how long of a ride it is aswell.
1.gif

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:37:10 AM
Author:fieryred33143

I got really annoyed this weekend with a friend of mine. She begged if I could go with her to the Keys to take care of her wedding stuff because if I didn’t go, she would go alone. So I agreed. I didn’t know that I would have to be the one to pay for the rental and the gas. Or that I would be the one to drive there, all around the Keys, and drive home. By the time we were on the road home, I was annoyed.

So we took off around 9:30AM and she falls asleep as soon as we got in the car. The trip was 5 hours long, we got the same amount of sleep, no flippin’ Starbucks in site, and she falls asleep. When I tried to put the radio on to keep myself entertained, she asked if I could turn it down.

23.gif
29.gif

My FI and I take road trips all the time. We never sleep. If he’s driving, I stay up chatting with him and vice versa. Why? Because when you’re on an open road with just trees and water on both side of you and the sun is blaring in your face and it’s early in the morning, having a car full of sleeping people makes it very hard to keep awake. Normally if we do have a car full of people, the passenger stays awake while the back seat passengers can sleep and we rotate so the driver isn’t alone.

Is this just me/us? Do you guys fall asleep in the car?
It depends. Some road trips, where it requires one of us to read directions, I definitely stay awake. On other trips, I''ve fallen asleep on occassion. But this is different. She asked you to accompany her somewhere for her benefit, had you pay for the transportation and then napped on you? No, no, no... That''s not right at all.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Unless there is a third person in the car, that I know will stay up, then I stay awake. I can''t drive being the only one awake, and I''m very conscious of that fact when I''m the passenger.

I would have been just as irritated as you were.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results