shape
carat
color
clarity

If you would be so kind

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rippey42

Rough_Rock
I don''t know how to attach a photo but I wrote in a previous post about my desire on resetting my marquis in an east/west setting. Someone attached a wonderful photo of Clementine''s ring and I loved it. My question is this...would an east/west wedding band look good with this type of setting? Any and all thoughts would be appreciated...also I tried the "help" function on how to post a photo but I came up empty handed.
Thanks...this is a nice place to hang out in.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi rippey,

you can read how to post a photo Here

as for an E/W wedding band, I guess I don''t really understand what you mean. I would probably just whatever type of wedding band you want next to the E/W marquise. either a pave band or a diamond band or even a plain band would all look nice..

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
DA.jpg

Here is clementine's ring, now are talking about an engagement ring or a wedding band?

rippey42

Rough_Rock
Thanks for inserting that picture...I mean east/west for both...that ring with an east/west marquis shaped wedding band.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
and e/w marquise band would be lovely. firegoddess has one that she wears sometimes with her pear..

here''s a pic..

orginal thread

fgtwirlyset1.jpg

rippey42

Rough_Rock
I''m super interested in the east/west wedding set in the picture below and I''ve been working with WhiteFlash on getting something like this made. They have quoted me both 1/2 eternity & full eternity using .06 rounds. Can anyone tell me if they think this is an approriate size stone for sparkly factor or should I try & go bigger? I would like to do this in plantinum. I also wonder if using this size stone if you are going to see more metal than diamonds (ie; sparkle?)

One more question...does anyone ever get upset when people copy other people''s ideas? I want to be very sensitive to that.

Hugs all the way around
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rippey, I think .06''s are plenty big for sparkle factor and depending on the size of your center diamond probably wouldn''t go any bigger.

as for copying rings on here, i figure if your going to post pics of them on a public forum for others to admire there it''s open game for someone to copy it, immitation is the greatest form of flattery IMO
1.gif

rippey42

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the input...

One more question...the east/west wedding band with round diamonds...they are saying 1.6 - 1.7 melee...big enough for sparkle?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
is the 1.6-1.7 the total carat weight for the melee?

.06''s or 6 pointers are pretty big for melee, I had a shared prong eternity band with .03''s that sparkled like crazy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic of my band with 3 pointers:

5yrgiftwf1.jpg

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe someone can do a photoshop mockup for you. I bet it would look lovely though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results