carat
color
clarity

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing to eat

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What would it be and why?

FYI: For the purpose of this thread consider all food allergies gone. No need to think about or worry about adverse reactions to any food. In addition, all your nutritional needs would be taken care of with whatever one food you choose.

calvinandhobbesfoodfave.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a tough question for me. I like many different foods. I love to eat. I miss bread a lot since I had to go gluten free and I also miss dairy. So I think I would have to choose PIZZA as my one food to pick if stranded. As it combines my faves. Bread and dairy. But I also LOVE ice cream and pretzels so it's a hard decision. But for now I guess my choice is Pizza. But if I could have a second food I choose ice cream and then if I get to choose a third food I choose soft pretzels. But I digress. Pizza (for now) is my answer.

pizzaonbeach.png

Of course you know what goes great with pizza, right? That's right. Creamy cool yummy rich ice cream. Yummmmm.:lickout:

icecreamdays.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK have to share since I already wrote about it. No other pretzel (IMO) beats NYC's large soft pretzels. OMG delicious. nycpretzels.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tofu might be one of the healthiest choices.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tofu might be one of the healthiest choices.

Yes it can be. Depends. I cannot eat soy so it is one of the unhealthiest choices for me. But in any case for the purpose of this thread (if you should choose to play) anything one chooses would provide all the nutrition one requires for their health. In missy world that is. :kiss:

I used to love tofu and was a vegan til I realized it was doing my health more harm than good. But I am hypothyroid and have Hashimoto's and Tofu contains goitrogens which may or may not harm those with poor thyroid function. YMMV.

Though you are correct in that Tofu is nutrient dense food.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pizza for me too! It would have to be my homemade Sicilian pizza though...:lickout:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would need to choose a dish that makes me feel good so it would be grilled vegetables with chicken. I stopped eating pasta, rice and bread because those foods make me hungrier. It's amazing to me that eating a plate of pasta leaves me still hungry while eating a plate of veggies and lean meat fills me up.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Pizza me too. If the question is one food item, then I choose a combination food item like pizza, tacos, enchiladas, lasagna, sandwiches. I do love a good sub sandwich! Pizza is the front runner for now it's just soo delicious!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I would need to choose a dish that makes me feel good so it would be grilled vegetables with chicken. I stopped eating pasta, rice and bread because those foods make me hungrier. It's amazing to me that eating a plate of pasta leaves me still hungry while eating a plate of veggies and lean meat fills me up.
Really? I should try that! Nothing else works...I’m always hungry...:silenced:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @LisaRN. I quit eating all those things too, for the most part. An occasional bit of bread, but right back to the path.

I would probably pick something bready, but I can't even pick what.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first thing that came to mind is creme brûlée! But all those pizza pushers are making a good case... ;))

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Crab legs. King crab legs all day long...

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Potatoes. I'm a potato fiend lol. I don't eat a ton usually but if there is a potato anywhere I find room for seconds and thirds lol. No potato left behind either. If my husband doesn't eat his it's also mine lol. I might have a teensy problem lmao

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Potatoes. I'm a potato fiend lol. I don't eat a ton usually but if there is a potato anywhere I find room for seconds and thirds lol. No potato left behind either. If my husband doesn't eat his it's also mine lol. I might have a teensy problem lmao
Omg..That’s my daughter-in-law! She is model thin..She eats very little. You put her in front of French fries or gf mashed potatoes...all bets are off! :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bacon, and if I have to have bacon, then I shall have access to pigs, and can make lots of goodies with pigs!

DK :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pizza for me too! It would have to be my homemade Sicilian pizza though...:lickout:

Umm OK dont forget to invite Greg and me over any time dear Joanne. Homemade Sicilian pizza. Sigh. Darn stupid food intolerances grrrrrrr.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
peanut butter, I am obsessed with it for some reason...

Me too! I love peanut butter. It doesn't however, love me. No details suffice to say I pay the price if I have more than a little bit. And we all know how hard it is to have just a little bit of Peanut Butter.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love grilled veggies and yes that would be top of my list generally. Just with this we can eat anything and feel good I had to choose pizza since I cannot eat it IRL. But other than this thread and my make believe world yup I love grilled veggies anytime. Yummm to grilled asparagus, grilled brussel sprouts, grilled sweet potatoes, grilled onions, grilled peppers etc.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Me too! LOL. I can only eat sweet potatoes however as I cannot have nightshades generally but oh I love sweet potatoes and can eat them by the pound. Easily.

sweetpotatoes.jpg

Now I love yams even more but they both rock.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really? I should try that! Nothing else works...I’m always hungry...:silenced:

I think some people like me are sensitive to carbs- especially flour. I noticed this phenomena when I was a teen. I once was eating my way through a whole loaf of rye bread while drinking milk and wondered why I couldn't stop eating it. My body never registered "full" stomach. I have the same reaction to artificial sweeteners. Sugar free jello makes me hungry enough to eat a whole pack. Being normal weight most of my life I never really paid attention and didn't pay attention when I suffered bouts of low blood sugar. Last 10 years or so it caught up with me as my BMI climbed to 25. Still happy and curvy until I started to develop insulin resistance. That was when I decided I needed to change how I ate. It was never a vanity thing because I liked the way I looked and hubby likes me curvy. But being told I was on the road to diabetes scared me.

About 6 months ago I started reading Dr. Jason Fung's work and a lot of it made sense to what I was experiencing. I started intermittent fasting, eating veggies and lean protein and got down to 110 lbs in 5 months on my 5'3" frame.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think some people like me are sensitive to carbs- especially flour. I noticed this phenomena when I was a teen. I once was eating my way through a whole loaf of rye bread while drinking milk and wondered why I couldn't stop eating it. My body never registered "full" stomach. I have the same reaction to artificial sweeteners. Sugar free jello makes me hungry enough to eat a whole pack. Being normal weight most of my life I never really paid attention and didn't pay attention when I suffered bouts of low blood sugar. Last 10 years or so it caught up with me as my BMI climbed to 25. Still happy and curvy until I started to develop insulin resistance. That was when I decided I needed to change how I ate. It was never a vanity thing because I liked the way I looked and hubby likes me curvy. But being told I was on the road to diabetes scared me.

About 6 months ago I started reading Dr. Jason Fung's work and a lot of it made sense to what I was experiencing. I started intermittent fasting, eating veggies and lean protein and got down to 110 lbs in 5 months on my 5'3" frame.
Thank you @LisaRN I will definitely look into it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whole milk plain yogurt.
Love it! Rich and yummy and good for you!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whole milk plain yogurt.
Love it! Rich and yummy and good for you!
Try Stonyfield Baby Yo vanilla...I ran out of mine so I had my grandson’s yogurt. It’s so yummy...not sweet...yum!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results