shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only have one thing to eat

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! LOL. I can only eat sweet potatoes however as I cannot have nightshades generally but oh I love sweet potatoes and can eat them by the pound. Easily.

sweetpotatoes.jpg

Now I love yams even more but they both rock.

Omg those look lovely lol. Sadly I am allergic to those. Just regular old golden/reds/russets for me. But those sure do look tasty!

Omg..That’s my daughter-in-law! She is model thin..She eats very little. You put her in front of French fries or gf mashed potatoes...all bets are off! :lol:

A woman after my own heart! :D

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I'd have to say I'm in on the potato party....never met one I didn't like. I could eat them all day every day, in any way, shape or form, except raw. And I keep the skins on. While I adore pizza, pizza is composed of multiple food items, so if I had to choose ONE food item, it would be taters. :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Porridge. Made with low fat milk and served with half 'n' half, walnuts and raisins.

After that - mangoes.

After that - lobster.

After that - full fat greek yoghurt.

After that, cream cake.

Actually, let's move cream cake to the top....

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... full fat greek yoghurt.

I love greek yogurt!
I never knew it's just regular yogurt with the extra liquid (aka whey) slowly drained out.

My fridge always has some full-fat greek yogurt that I make from scratch.
I indulge on it, with fresh fruit, almost every morning.
It's much better than store-bought.

I save a bit of the end of each batch to use as starter for the next batch.
This works for 4 or 5 batches.
Then I buy a new tub of Trader's Joe's Icelandic style plain yogurt.

A half gallon of whole milk makes a half gallon of regular yogurt.
Then I put it in my EuroCuisine strainer thingie for 24 hours in the fridge.

The whey (liquid) gradually drains out, leaving about a quart of thick, rich, creamy greek yogurt.
Cheap, delicious & healthy.

I've read greek lasts up to a month in the fridge :dance: but mine vanishes in a week.
Keep in mind, a half a cup of greek is about a full cup of regular yogurt.

YUUUUUMMMMM OOOOOOO RAAAAA MMAAAA! :lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout::lickout:

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if this is completely hypocritical and its some magic island where calories don't make fat
well it would be hard to deside

chocolate

or maybe a stinky blue cheese (i have a favourite windsor blue)

or strawberries in champaign

or steak - grass feed of course because that's how cattle live in NZ

you guys can keep your toufu and rhy bread and yougart(i do love yougart) although i might go visit that scallop or that lobster island
CheeseShop-Whitestone-Windsor-Blue-cut-fresh.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to say I'm in on the potato party....never met one I didn't like. I could eat them all day every day, in any way, shape or form, except raw. And I keep the skins on. While I adore pizza, pizza is composed of multiple food items, so if I had to choose ONE food item, it would be taters. :mrgreen:

Haha yes I could eat potatoes all day long and not ever get tired of them. But I am weird that way. I don't need variety so much as just enjoying what I love. Truly if we could get all the nutritional content from just one food I think I would be OK. Pizza? Ice Cream? Potatoes? Bring it on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Porridge. Made with low fat milk and served with half 'n' half, walnuts and raisins.

After that - mangoes.

After that - lobster.

After that - full fat greek yoghurt.

After that, cream cake.

Actually, let's move cream cake to the top....

I'm with you. Let's move ice cream (cake) to the top. Pretty please.

2018_08_15_chocolate_oreo_cookie_ice_cream_cake_2.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never had a mango..so I decided I need to try one...but first I wanted to look it up to learn about it a little...It may be tasty but if you were with me on a desert island...we would have to keep our distance because you would be having issues if that’s all you ate! :lol:
9202C630-5064-4E09-A6CF-4031DA4478FF.jpeg
Edited to say..after my coffee...I guess you would be alone if it was deserted so that would be okay.

Last edited:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pizza would probably be my first choice. Close second is a grilled chicken salad with balsamic which is my go to meal quite often. Yummy.
Of course chocolate would be delish too!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG this thread is making me hungry.:lickout:

winniethepooh.gif

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Isn't this is a password retrieval type of question? as in Favorite Food, or Mother's Maiden Name

I could eat curry & rice every day for the rest of my life. So my answer to the favorite food is always CURRY!

Curry with rice, with bread, with noodles...Thai curry, Indian curry, Japanese curry, Red curry, Green Curry, Yellow curry, Panang curry, Massaman curry....

I'd probably turn yellow and ooze curry from every pore, but would not scare anyone since I'd be stranded on an island by myself.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never had a mango..so I decided I need to try one...but first I wanted to look it up to learn about it a little...It may be tasty but if you were with me on a desert island...we would have to keep our distance because you would be having issues if that’s all you ate! :lol:
9202C630-5064-4E09-A6CF-4031DA4478FF.jpeg
Edited to say..after my coffee...I guess you would be alone if it was deserted so that would be okay.
the first time i ever had a mango was in South Africa and the skin looked a bit like a nectarine so i tried just eatting it as is
the skin is very tough so don't try that at home
and the big pip stone thing is a funny and annoying shape when you'r not expecting it
a nice ripe one is so juicy but its messy like spair rib messy !
i eat them in a bowl with a knife and a towel !
its a bit hit and miss in the supernarkets here if they are going to be juicy and ripe and delicouse or just kind of rubbery and unripe

...next time I'll tell you about the first time my family had avocados :lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too! LOL. I can only eat sweet potatoes however as I cannot have nightshades generally but oh I love sweet potatoes and can eat them by the pound. Easily.

sweetpotatoes.jpg

Now I love yams even more but they both rock.
they do look particularly yummy
we call those kumera
what we call yams are South American oca -OMG so yummy
they roast away to such explosions of caramelized goodness i sometimes dpnt have room left over in my tummy for the actual roast chicken
they are a member of the oaxalis family and are a winter crop
once you have them in your garden you have them for ever - i hope so
i have 6 tubers sprouting on the kitchen window sill
they come in red, apricot and yellow and look kind of like huhu grubs (do not ask what a huhu grub is but id have to be on that desert island a long long time before id resort to huhu grubs)
oca-cooked-closeup.jpg 20190906_210000.jpg
last time i roasted some they didn't even need gravy !

Attachments

• 20160503_192036.jpg
    20160503_192036.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 42

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheesecake. Any and all varieties!

Oooh yes, cheesecake. Heaven on earth. Or shall I say heaven on a desert (haha dessert) island. Honestly dessert is always my favorite and if I could get good and full nutrition from just dessert I would be good with eating just dessert.

cheesecakegif.gif

yummmmmm.gif

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soup! OMG love soup and could eat it on an island or anywhere plus it's everything you need (protein, veggies, carbs) in one tidy bowl or container.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A BLT.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soup! OMG love soup and could eat it on an island or anywhere plus it's everything you need (protein, veggies, carbs) in one tidy bowl or container.
I love soup too..I’m making tortellini soup with sausage and spinach tonight..I sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top before serving. It’s yummy! My husband is having a root canal so he requested it.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean your soup sound amazing especially that sprinkling of cheese on the top, yummy!

Sorry that your husband has to have a root canal, those are so painful, I hope he recovers quickly!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean your soup sound amazing especially that sprinkling of cheese on the top, yummy!

Sorry that your husband has to have a root canal, those are so painful, I hope he recovers quickly!
Thanks @StephanieLynn He’s been suffering with it but they couldn’t get him in sooner...

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinnamon buns. No questions asked. LOL

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Steak and kidney pie with chips and peas. :lickout:

My gran's apple pie and custard for pudding. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results