shape
carat
color
clarity

If you were getting a divorce who will get custody of your pets?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d have to take the ADHD dog (see left) she’s a “mummy’s girl” and her poor behavior and attitude is ALL MY DOING :lol-2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I *sort of* got the dogs but mostly by default, he lives overseas. We had two dogs who increasingly fought after we left so we gave one to my parents (who spoil her rotten!) and the other to my sister whose kids just adore her. It worked out fabulously for all concerned. I now get to see both dogs frequently as I live locally so happiness for me too. :love:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Ex took the dog we bought as an emotional support animal of sorts for my son. He refuses to let the dog come to my house with my son because he says that I won't take care of it. Therefore, abusing both the dog and the child. In a perfect world I would have married a sane man who would be capable of letting my sons dog be 50/50 at both households, just like he is. :angryfire: Needless to say I miss my dog.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine is an attorney this was the last divorce case he took as he had to go to therapy afterwards.
Married 10 years with 2 children around 6 and 8 as I recall and 2 dogs.
Neither wanted the kids saying the other can have full custody and they would visit once a month but fought like crazy over the dogs.
Dog-napping and physical fights and cops being called crazy over the dogs and neither wanted the kids.
The grandparents stepped up and took the kids in the end but it took a year and one of the kids had mental health issues over it.

Edit: the judge was so ticked off about it he ordered both parents to pay child support to the grandparents.
that's terrible
what a horrible last case
the grand parents are going to have to do a fantastic for those kids not to grow up with major parent issues

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i can't think of any thing worse than Borris not living with both her mommy and daddy
but if a judge asked her who she'd like to live with she would look straight at me and say Daddy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results