shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had to spend $50,000 on a diamond ...

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - what a bunch of great responses!

To be technically strict :roll2: ... I was asking the question about one diamond ... and I thought the $50,000 was an interesting number because it’s not that little but not that much, although that would be relative to each of us and for some, it’s a whole lot, and for others, not so much. Ok ok, so to me $50,000 is not that little but not that much, lol.

I love how RBC “white” diamonds are more beautiful the bigger they are, but not for wearing on my finger (if i had a huger in my possession I would find another way to stare at it all day every day, haha, but I really wanted one to wear every day) ... so I’m kind of maxed there at (much) under $50,000.

I think I would get an Argyle, as someone else mentioned. Maybe a heart shape, lol. That’s what I think I would do.

Didn’t mean to create a focus group but if anyone wants to offer me a job .... ;)2

AV_

Ideal_Rock

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow - what a bunch of great responses!

To be technically strict :roll2: ... I was asking the question about one diamond ... and I thought the $50,000 was an interesting number because it’s not that little but not that much, although that would be relative to each of us and for some, it’s a whole lot, and for others, not so much. Ok ok, so to me $50,000 is not that little but not that much, lol.

I love how RBC “white” diamonds are more beautiful the bigger they are, but not for wearing on my finger (if i had a huger in my possession I would find another way to stare at it all day every day, haha, but I really wanted one to wear every day) ... so I’m kind of maxed there at (much) under $50,000.

I think I would get an Argyle, as someone else mentioned. Maybe a heart shape, lol. That’s what I think I would do.

Didn’t mean to create a focus group but if anyone wants to offer me a job .... ;)2

That's how I understood the question: $50k on a single diamond.

My fiancée, like you, would be maxed out in the size department well before $50k in a "white" diamond. So an Argyle seemed like a logical choice. The one I posted was a little small. I think if you shopped around you could probably find a well saturated pink Argyle around the half carat mark for $50k. A half carat pink would still have a lot of "presence" if it was well saturated, and would be a fun conversation starter among other jewelry lovers. :) And again, Argyle diamonds will most likely hold their value in the coming decades, so would be a somewhat sound "investment."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Since this is our imagination at play you can have as much extra as you need. :halo: I upped it to over 200 K for my dream ring...hope that is OK with @kmoro :kiss:

LOL - hey, I am hardly the rule-master! But for what it’’s worth, I love the imagination, and I love to hear about dream rings!!! :kiss2:

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
I’d split it up, antique cushion and a OEC.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
if i *had* to spend that amount on one stone i think it would be a colorless emerald cut or a green or chameleon fancy. i think i'd feel too self conscious with a large colorless round and don't imagine i'd spend that much on a single stone in reality...but never say never!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
You might be able to rethink the color for greater weight. Here’s my I sbf square emerald, it’s white as white could be! DAC70459-D925-478B-8173-C06F1FD38FD9.jpeg
My heart took a gallop, your ring is gorgeous and one of my dream stones

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For some reason I thought this would be a fun question to ask. It is not my budget, lol.

If you had to spend $50,000 USD on a diamond, what would you buy?
Too dreamy of a thought....I can't decide. Maybe an AV custom cut emerald shaped beauty. :razz:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd buy the biggest Columbian EC emerald I could find for the price. Then if someone asked me if I'd spent the money on a diamond, I'd lie.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results