shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had to spend $50,000 on a diamond ...

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason I thought this would be a fun question to ask. It is not my budget, lol.

If you had to spend $50,000 USD on a diamond, what would you buy?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An OEC or a bigger EC.

DK :))

TreeScientist

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Best Argyle diamond I could find for $50k. Something like this:
https://www.leibish.com/pink-diamonds/fancy-vivid-pink-3p-cushion-39428

There's always a little wiggle room with Leibish's prices, so could get it down below $50k. :)

If someone forced me to spend $50k on a diamond, I would use it as an investment opportunity and buy a diamond that would likely hold its value. Rough production from the Argyle mine is dwindling, so prices for Argyle diamonds will likely continue to go up or at least remain stable.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
A deep-ish yellow - signed...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 2.5-3ct D-E VVS Yoram vintage asscher or Octavia... (if 50-large is enough to cover that! lol)

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun question! I have what I want in terms of big diamonds (for now, anyway! :twisted:) but I'd probably use the 50K to collect as many antique pieces as would fit in the budget! In order of preference:

- Crowned or bowed heart ring (preferably twin hearts!)
- Flat-cut garnet band
- Diamond toi et moi ring
- Diamond tiara ring
- Gold and black enamel mourning band
- Watch chain choker with T-bar

ETA: But if I *had* to spend it on a single diamond, I'd get the biggest I-J color emerald cut I could afford!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

joelly

Ideal_Rock
This!!!

A 2.5-3ct D-E VVS Yoram vintage asscher or Octavia... (if 50-large is enough to cover that! lol)

I'd have Yoram cut an Octavia for me.. but I think I'd have to cough up some more cash.

Or I’d buy the 3.54 ct OMC from Yoram’s website (No I haven’t inquire how much but I have recently bitten by OMC’s bug).

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll let you know when I have the $50k.
manybounce.gif

ponyrider

Rough_Rock
The biggest, nicest round brilliant I could find!! I would set it in a 6 prong platinum setting and add a platinum and diamond band :) I prefer a bit of color in my stones because I think it gives it depth. I have simple, but expensive taste!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would buy the best pre-loved OEC ring I could for $35,000 and donate the rest to an animal charity.

TweetyBird23

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results