• Art Deco Platinum with Old European

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Art Deco Platinum with Possible Transitional

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not saying anything here other than specs!

This one is platinum iridium with 35point diamond (looks transitional) and lots of engraving on the setting. Seller accepts returns but not offers. Total weight is 40 points.

IMG_7234.jpg

IMG_7238.jpg

This one is platinum iridium with 40 point old European diamond with good stats G VS2, Seller does not accept returns but does accept offers. Total weight 56 points:

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7237.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The second ring looks more substantial and nicer to me.

DK :))

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the two, the second one.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the second - particularly the setting. I like the open space to the left and right of the main stone.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's neck and neck so far!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the second one.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girl.......what are you up to???
I like the .40 OEC. I like the oval shaped presentation area better than the geometric style of the other one.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Buy both, buy them all..... sorry, that’s just in our dreams.....
No 2 is my pick. More substantial and I find the small “cut out” visually appealing. The other one is lovely but sort of “lumpy” not enough definition.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bron357, that was my husband's response "just buy them both" lol!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I picked the underdog! Yup I went for that unknown cut in the engraved setting. Found the old European and was crushing hard on that but then decided to do some more searching and that's when I found the ring I ultimately bought. If I get an old European I really want it to be a solid half carat so that was one factor.

I was also thinking the European may be too close in style to the ring I just bought which I can't wear a band with and wouldn't be able to wear a band with that one either.

It's funny because when I was going through completed listings after buying it and was scrolling by I was thinking "oh that's a pretty ring" only to realize it was the same ring I bought lol!

Of course the husband has said I could buy both so......

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw @StephanieLynn, really sweet of your dh! I had trouble deciding and went with the OEC but your reasons for going with the transitional make really good sense. And a PP made a good point...the diamond is kind of overshadowed by the setting. I also LOVE the engraving on the one you bought. It's so pretty, I'm excited for you and I'm looking forward to seeing it on you!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks June! I am interested to see what the cut is on the ring I did buy, it looks promising. Also forgot to add the stats on it, G color VS1. I will be back to share!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , you always make the right choice. I am waiting anxiously to see it on your hand!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , you always make the right choice. I am waiting anxiously to see it on your hand!

I don't know if it's the right choice...not if you go by the poll! In the meantime the Moissanite is coming tomorrow and I'm nervous about it given my prior experience but we will see.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love! Oh my, it is better in person by a mile and these are not the best pictures since DH has the better camera on his phone. Also it is raining as usual when jewelry arrives! Best of all I can wear a band with her!

IMG_7292.JPG

IMG_7293.JPG

IMG_7294.JPG

IMG_7295.JPG

IMG_7296.JPG

IMG_7297.JPG IMG_7298.JPG

IMG_7299.JPG

IMG_7300.JPG

IMG_7302.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn, it's gorgeous! The diamond is just beautiful. And I love the Greek key design...someone correct me if I'm wrong with that term LOL. Would love to see it with some of your other bands. Congrats on a great find! :dance:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is a real beauty! You have an eye for picking them! Love it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yessss!
Gorgeous! I'm jealous, as usual:lol:

kh85

Rough_Rock
Beautiful options, and it looks like the underdog is actually quite the catch!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@junebug17 maybe it is a Greek key, didn't even realize that! I will have to dig out my other bands (all my jewelry is hidden away that I'm not wearing) and take some more pictures.

Thanks @Slick1, kind of took a chance on this one as the pictures weren't great but the diamond looked promising and it worked out!

@stracci2000, girl come one now no need to be jealous with that fab collection you have!

@kh85, thank you so much, the engraving on this is so special and because it's platinum is still in really good condition so that's why this one won out for me.

@Lovesparklesparle, thank you so much!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I just googled greek key design and I think I'm wrong lol! But I love the intricate pattern on your ring :love:

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I love this!!!! The detail is amazing and in such good condition

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Is you other ring also a transitional cut? They look similar but not quite the same - as a novice but having recently spent some time researching these cuts, I get the feeling there are a variety of "transitional" cuts. They are all beautiful and I often like them better because of the smaller culet - but it depends. I have seen some gorgeous OEC's too.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CaseyLouLou, the ring in my avatar is transitional with broader faceting than this one. There is a very small culet in the diamond on the engraved ring so I do believe (not an expert though) that it is a transitional with faceting that more closely resembles a round brilliant.

I thought all transitionals were the same but after looking at some threads on PS it appears that is not the case.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results