shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had a $25,000 e-ring & wedding ring budget?

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
For fun (and to help me decide) , please post how you would spend $25,000 if that was your budget for a wedding set.

Pictures and prices/examples/links are very welcome provided this comports w/PS rules.
My parameters are
1. Mined & certed stones only
2. Wearable daily for an office job in a big eastern city.
3. Durable. I chipped my last diamond and

We are both over 50 so not going to use this money for anything else but $25,000 is the limit.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’ll help if you narrow it a little bit.

Do you generally like modern or antique styles?

Simple or elaborate?

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
I like both but nothing too fussy or futuristic. But mainly I want to know what others would pick within those parameters and why.

I think I am having a hard time choosing because I had my dream set before with someone else who sadly did not turn out to be Mr Right.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i could think of multiple dream sets ... but you can't go wrong with a round or emerald cut solitaire and thin eternity band to match.

what was your first dream set? maybe play around with the basic parameters - one vs. multiple stones, modern vs. antique, shape of the center stone. so if you had a modern round stone in a halo, maybe an antique step cut this time. good luck with the search!

1628449846362.png

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
I think I am having a hard time choosing because I had my dream set before with someone else who sadly did not turn out to be Mr Right.

In that case, I would choose no set at all because I would always be comparing. But that's probably just me.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I like both but nothing too fussy or futuristic. But mainly I want to know what others would pick within those parameters and why.

What was your dream set? There are sooooooo many styles and choices...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Last diamond chipped--perhaps a bezel this time?

cheers--Sharon

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would choose this diamond in a six prong setting with a matching plain band. Great size, color and clarity in a beautifully cut diamond. Diamond and setting and band should not exceed your 25k. The focus on this is the diamond not the ‘set’ - far enough away from what you once loved but gorgeous enough to fall in love with all over again!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
If I had $25K to spend on a ring, then I'd buy my wife something gargantuan along these lines:

Diamond:
3.36 D VS1 LGD $22,710

Setting:
Platinum tapered pave with claw prongs $937

Matching Band:
Platinum (dual - one soldered to each side) $1260

Grand Total: $24,907

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
What was your dream set? There are sooooooo many styles and choices...

It was a GIA SI1 G color excellent cut center three stone. 1.5 center and .4 same cut, color, clarity on each side with a small platinum eternity. I put a lab sapphire in it and am trying to decide what to do w/the chipped center stone. Make an insurance claim or recut. Contacted Sako about a recut.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Y
If I had $25K to spend on a ring, then I'd buy my wife something gargantuan along these lines:

Diamond:
3.36 D VS1 LGD $22,710

Setting:
Platinum tapered pave with claw prongs $937

Matching Band:
Platinum (dual - one soldered to each side) $1260

Grand Total: $24,907

You are a sweetie.

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
i could think of multiple dream sets ... but you can't go wrong with a round or emerald cut solitaire and thin eternity band to match.

what was your first dream set? maybe play around with the basic parameters - one vs. multiple stones, modern vs. antique, shape of the center stone. so if you had a modern round stone in a halo, maybe an antique step cut this time. good luck with the search!

1628449846362.png

This is so pretty. Looks well beyond my budget though.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes thinking about that. How much of the diamond does the bezel cover?

A well-cut stone won't be negatively impacted by a bezel! Bezels vary, some are totally enclosed (including underneath) which i don't recommend because they impossible to clean...

If I liked simple and classic and preferred modern cut stones, I would get an ACA from Whiteflash, and get a mount like this, and probably a channel set baguette wedding ring

1628453667479.png

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do you want perfection? Do you care about the 4 c's and the certification? Can it be used? So many factors when going into the new adventure :) I tell my husband every day "I want a porsche for $1 please" and I hunt until I find one..." :D so how flexible are you when it comes to the 4 c's?

Do tell :D

A little over the budget

Mesmorizing with charm

Beyond unique with a buttery color

Last edited:

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Want an ideal cut. Will go to SI2 clarity if it’s eye clean. I don’t know if I should go worse color in gold but bigger or better color but smaller in platinum. I would like 8mm x 8mm at least in a round. My ring size is about 5.75. I care about the cert in that neither of us have kids and I would want him to get some $$$ back if he outlives me (a distinct possibility as I had a very bad form of cancer last year. Could always come back). I am fair with rosy skin and green eyes. Originally brunette. Now grey/bottle blonde.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
You can ask JA for the reports on these to see if they fall within ideal cut proportions:

Looks like a camera/focus issue to me, so the report would need to be scrutinized very well:

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
Wedding set (Reminds me of a Tiffany ring I really like, I’m pretty basic.)
Diamond (I prioritize color and clarity over size.)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Want an ideal cut. Will go to SI2 clarity if it’s eye clean. I don’t know if I should go worse color in gold but bigger or better color but smaller in platinum. I would like 8mm x 8mm at least in a round. My ring size is about 5.75. I care about the cert in that neither of us have kids and I would want him to get some $$$ back if he outlives me (a distinct possibility as I had a very bad form of cancer last year. Could always come back). I am fair with rosy skin and green eyes. Originally brunette. Now grey/bottle blonde.

I think CBI does/did buy back their stones at 80% of value no questions asked and they only sell ideal cuts. Wishing you many healthy & happy years together

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
I might be the only one here suggesting you spend $$$ on the band. That way if you don’t feel like wearing an e-ring with a big center stone on any particular day, you still have a bling option.

I searched WF ACA for G+ and SI1+. I would get a 2ctw-five-stone wedding band in white gold and a 1.4 ct solitaire in a 2mm white gold comfort fit setting. The center diamond would be less than 8mm. But if you are asking for personal preference then that is what I would recommend to most people who wanted to buy a forever set for $25k.

I’d probably go for a big, excellent emerald cut and a relatively simple band.

+1! I’d be putting all my budget into a large centre stone and going with a simple setting and band; personally I adore step cuts. For 25k you could get to the 2.5-3ct I VS2/SI1 ballpark, I think (for the stone. If this is including setting and band then perhaps a little smaller, in the 2.4-2.7ct range).

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
For step cuts (emerald), I'd recommend going no lower than F and VVS. Step cuts really highlight the color and clarity of the stone, compared to round or other brilliant cuts that show more sparkle (so you can get away with color and clarity). Everyone has their own preference, this is just my point of view with balancing the 4Cs!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
@MRBXXXFVVS1
I totally agree with you on this.
Again, it’s just our personal preferences :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results