shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could have one stone, what would it be?

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it an Alex?
Or a neon Paraiba?
How about a Pigeon's Blood Ruby,
If not a Kashmir Sapphire?
Perhaps, you're one who prefers the hot pink ones?
Is the Golconda Diamond your ultimate wish?
Or the fancy colored ones?
Maybe you'd like a Jedi Spinel?
Or a Tanzanite, perhaps?
How about a crystal Colombian Emerald?
Or the elusive Padparadscha?
Will you want what the orient covets,
Like an Imperial Jade?
Or a Golden Pearl?
Does the dramatic flashes of an opal dazzle you?
Or maybe the color of Tsavorite reminds you of spring?

Whatever it is, I'd like to know what your heart desires.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My wish is quite dull compared with all your lovely ideas! An unheated, deep coloured, greeny sea blue aquamarine to put in a ring setting I already own.... I have looked all over but have never met the right one.....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I really have to choose just one stone, it has to be a Paraiba Tourmaline.

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, need to think about this. Probably my blue sapphire, but these are strong contenders:
- my Precision Gem blue-green Afghan tourmaline, cut by Gene
- one of my Paraiba tourmaline, sourced by Leon/Perry and Paraiba International
- my blue zircon, sourced by Chris Auletta

It has to be one of my super saturated stones.

austinj

Shiny_Rock
Ooh! Definitely a big untreated glowy emerald!! Or maybe a big blue diamond! Either way it's got to be big :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mint green vanadium chrysoberyl. I finally obtained a neon chrysoberyl which was surprisingly hard to find. I returned a few described as neon but I wanted that radioactive anti-freeze color.

sydneyatl

Shiny_Rock
If I can only keep one of the stones that I currently have, it would be without a double the purple sapphire in my engagement ring.

If we're talking about one new stone that I can pick out...oh boy. Probably a hot pink spinel over everything else. A paraiba tourmaline wouldn't be far behind, though. And yes I concur with austinj... big :)

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gray spinel.

I might be addicted.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
No way. I need to have all. 8)
Or maybe a large radiant cut orange pink diamond.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A 4 to 5 carat tsavorite would be on the top of my list. But I'm very indecisive. I would also love a giant flame spinel or a humongous rose cut diamond.

S

SparkliesLuver

I think the one and only stone would have to be a teal tourmaline (or sapphire, if I were that lucky to find it in a corundum). Fun question! :)

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the interesting replies! Very good choices!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A coloured diamond but I cannot decide on the colour yet. Perhaps turquoise (light blue green)?

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
An even bigger, redder ruby. The Carmen Lucia one at the Smithsonian would do fine.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
What a fun thread Seaglow!

I thought this would be difficult for me, but it quickly clear that my decision would be a bright, vibrant violet tanzanite. I just melt when I see that color. It's like color therapy for me. I considered that maybe I should have selected a similarly colored sapphire, but seeing my very first tanzanite in 1989 (a violet one, not the bluer "D-block" ones) turned me on to colored stones and ulimately led me here to this forum :love:

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
A large neon vanadium chrysoberyl....

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Jedi spinels for a pair of earrings, got to be huge enough!

Or a Kashmir sapphire for a ring with decent finger coverage.

Can't stop at one :D

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It'd be a 3ct super ideal cut diamond. :saint:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely be getting a huge and glowy paraiba tourmaline. :love: I've been in love with them for years and nothing has topped it, in my book.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.leibish.com/blue-diamonds/fancy-vivid-blue-cushion-26386
Leibish recently sold this Fancy Vivid Blue diamond ... but not to me. ;(

It's my ideal color and a rare hue of blue for a fully-natural diamond.
I'll take this in a 2 ct Octavia cut, tension set in Cobalt Chrome.

Of course I'd love a lager one, but I wouldn't wear anything over 2 ct.

screen_shot_2016-12-06_at_11.png

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I want a big sugarloaf emerald cab.

GLbluegreen

Shiny_Rock
Sungura, may I please ask what you mean by this ? (not the bluer "D-block" ones). I love tanzies too but I never heard this term before. :think:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I don't have: "Jedi" Spinel from Mogok or a true Kashmir sapphire. Small would be fine :angel:

If I could just keep one stone, it's one I can't wear -a large piece of jade that has been passed down. My mother had it made into a ring for my husband when we got married. He stopped wearing rings awhile ago and while I've been very tempted to have it reset so I can wear, I am saving it for my son when he gets married.

When I retire, I may sell off most of my pieces for one large OEC or ideal cut diamond that I would wear daily with some CS bands to mix/match. :o

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
lilmosun|1481083985|4105320 said:
What I don't have: "Jedi" Spinel from Mogok or a true Kashmir sapphire. Small would be fine :angel:

If I could just keep one stone, it's one I can't wear -a large piece of jade that has been passed down. My mother had it made into a ring for my husband when we got married. He stopped wearing rings awhile ago and while I've been very tempted to have it reset so I can wear, I am saving it for my son when he gets married.

When I retire, I may sell off most of my pieces for one large OEC or ideal cut diamond that I would wear daily with some CS bands to mix/match. :o

Wow. Photo of the jade ring please!!!!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Coloured stone? Ruby!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A well cut eye clean top red/pink "Jedi" spinel over 2 to 2.50 carats from Man Sin (I've only come across tiny pieces). A decent sized not too dark Burma sapphire.

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
1 carat round brilliant cut (AGS 000) fancy intense pumpkin orange diamond. Doesn't have to be fancy vivid - I'm not greedy :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bcavitt|1481380814|4106096 said:
1 carat round brilliant cut (AGS 000) fancy intense pumpkin orange diamond. Doesn't have to be fancy vivid - I'm not greedy :D

Actually, when it comes to enjoying the uber rare treat of a fine FCD ALSO with top light performance I think Fancy Intense would be preferable to Fancy Vivid since Intense lets more light out.

I think a fully-natural Fancy Intense Orange diamond, with no hue modifiers, would cost a fortune. :errrr:
... and cutting it to AGS 000 would be sacrilege to the cutter, grinding away all that precious rough.

But hey, you're rich and it's your money. :bigsmile:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would pick a precision cut orange stone. I like the Spessartite color but if it's the only colored stone I can have I'd have to search for it in Sapphire or Diamond for durability.

Fun question!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Pink diamond honker! Does hot pink in diamond exist?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results