shape
carat
color
clarity

If you could change ONE thing what would it be?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might have started a thread like this a while ago. I cannot remember but I am curious so decided to start another.

If there was one thing you could change in your life now what would it be? It could be anything but only one thing.

For example you couldn't say your health because that encompasses too far and wide a subject or else that is what I would choose for sure especially these past few years LOL. No just one specific thing.

Anyone up for this question? Interested to see what PSers would change and why.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Well, its not health globally. My youngest daughter has a chronic illness that is very rare and causes her extreme pain. She was diagnosed last year and our life now is doctor and hospital visits and physical therapy appointments. We often have to travel as well due to the rareness of her condition. She is not coping well and doesn't understand why her. She keeps getting worse and her prognosis is something doctors can't tell me. Its been a nightmare and it breaks my heart. I'm a single mom and its been very hard on her siblings as well. Its rocked our family. I would cure her illness so she doesn't suffer anymore. Poof, cured. I hope for a miracle daily.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscherisme|1454507612|3986130 said:
Well, its not health globally. My youngest daughter has a chronic illness that is very rare and causes her extreme pain. She was diagnosed last year and our life now is doctor and hospital visits and physical therapy appointments. We often have to travel as well due to the rareness of her condition. Its been a nightmare and it breaks my heart. I would cure her illness so she doesn't suffer anymore. Poof, cured. I hope for a miracle daily.

I am so sorry asscherisme and that is exactly what I meant. One thing and I agree that is the most important thing. I wish for your darling daughter a miracle cure for her illness and relief of her symptoms. Sending her healing vibes and big (((hugs))) to you both.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
missy|1454507806|3986132 said:
Well, its not health globally. My youngest daughter has a chronic illness that is very rare and causes her extreme pain. She was diagnosed last year and our life now is doctor and hospital visits and physical therapy appointments. We often have to travel as well due to the rareness of her condition. Its been a nightmare and it breaks my heart. I would cure her illness so she doesn't suffer anymore. Poof, cured. I hope for a miracle daily.

I am so sorry asscherisme and that is exactly what I meant. One thing and I agree that is the most important thing. I wish for your darling daughter a miracle cure for her illness and relief of her symptoms. Sending her healing vibes and big (((hugs))) to you both.

Thank you. I would give anything for her to be better. I have lost so much sleep over this but always put on a brave face for her. She went from a healthy girl to a sick girl in a snap. Its so scary how quick your life can change.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want my mom back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1454509852|3986152 said:
I want my mom back.

Aww I'm so sorry Jambalaya. The pain of losing someone we love so dearly never goes away. (((Hugs))).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My memory. I had a clot that lodged in an artery in my eye when I was pregnant in 2014, it was considered a stroke and I lost the central vision in my left eye. The vision loss I don't notice most of the time. However my memory and cognitive functions took a hit. Sometimes I can't remember my kids middle names, I get lost driving, can't pay with cash because I always give them the wrong amount and sometimes while driving if I'm at a light I question whether I'm on the right side of the road (I always am).

I went to a funeral recently and someone mentioned a conversation we had at Christmas. Couldn't remember even talking to him, I had to confirm with my husband. Nobody at Yale told me this could happen so it caught me off guard and it's exhausting in a daily basis.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1454509852|3986152 said:
I want my mom back.

So sorry about your mom.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, Missy and Stephanie. I won't go on about it as I'm sure that countless people on here have lost their precious moms, too. It was less than two years ago and I do feel much better these days but sometimes I wonder if the pain will ever subside to the point where I can take comfort in my memories.

Anyway, enough of that! This is a new post so I assume I can pick another one. I'd wake up tomorrow 80 pounds lighter! Or maybe with much better hair, because I can always lose the weight but can't get naturally better hair.... :think:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, its not health globally. My youngest daughter has a chronic illness that is very rare and causes her extreme pain. She was diagnosed last year and our life now is doctor and hospital visits and physical therapy appointments. We often have to travel as well due to the rareness of her condition. She is not coping well and doesn't understand why her. She keeps getting worse and her prognosis is something doctors can't tell me. Its been a nightmare and it breaks my heart. I'm a single mom and its been very hard on her siblings as well. Its rocked our family. I would cure her illness so she doesn't suffer anymore. Poof, cured. I hope for a miracle daily.

Asscherisme, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts. Hugs xxxxxx

Cherokee1979

Shiny_Rock
First, I am sorry for the losses that the above two posters had mentioned. Wishing you strength.

When reading the question, the first thing that popped into my mind is to hit the lottery. Ha! In reflecting upon that though, it gave me a very positive little epiphany, in that if something as trivial as that would be the thing I would change, then I am very, very fortunate with how few problems I have in my life. Very grateful. But if we could go back in the past and get something back, I sure would like to have back my dog, grandma, and maybe, just maybe, my marriage.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya|1454511679|3986174 said:
Thank you so much, Missy and Stephanie. I won't go on about it as I'm sure that countless people on here have lost their precious moms, too. It was less than two years ago and I do feel much better these days but sometimes I wonder if the pain will ever subside to the point where I can take comfort in my memories.

Anyway, enough of that! This is a new post so I assume I can pick another one. I'd wake up tomorrow 80 pounds lighter! Or maybe with much better hair, because I can always lose the weight but can't get naturally better hair.... :think:

So true about the hair!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Jambalaya|1454511863|3986176 said:

Asscherisme, I am so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. I will keep you and your daughter in my thoughts. Hugs xxxxxx
Thank you so much. And I'm sorry about your mom.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That I could stay on my freaking low-carb diet.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a couple inches more in height. Imagine the cost savings not having to alter my pants! (and how much thinner I'd be spreading my weight vertically!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have more money.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get rid of my two autoimmune diseases which are interfering with my life.

If the change could be retroactive, I would make it to not getting them in the first place.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Money.

If it was something only specifically for myself, since more money would affect all four of us, I would wish for beautiful skin.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have had good parents.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would want my university professor, who was my PhD supervisor, back. He passed a year ago, at the age of 69, and since then i'm suffering the biggest loss of my life. He was my mentor, my second dad, my best friend. I'm still in denial and live with the illusion that he is somewhere far away and eventually he will be back.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1454516940|3986240 said:
Get rid of my two autoimmune diseases which are interfering with my life.

If the change could be retroactive, I would make it to not getting them in the first place.

I ditto this. If I could change one thing it would be to get rid of my autoimmune diseases. They really can make life challenging. I am sorry you are dealing with similar health issues.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say money as well. Perhaps I could've won the powerball. I'm sure I'd get a lot of deadbeats trying to hit me up for money but a) gtfo and b) I'd just travel around and avoid them :Up_to_something:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1454510149|3986155 said:
My memory. I had a clot that lodged in an artery in my eye when I was pregnant in 2014, it was considered a stroke and I lost the central vision in my left eye. The vision loss I don't notice most of the time. However my memory and cognitive functions took a hit. Sometimes I can't remember my kids middle names, I get lost driving, can't pay with cash because I always give them the wrong amount and sometimes while driving if I'm at a light I question whether I'm on the right side of the road (I always am).

I went to a funeral recently and someone mentioned a conversation we had at Christmas. Couldn't remember even talking to him, I had to confirm with my husband. Nobody at Yale told me this could happen so it caught me off guard and it's exhausting in a daily basis.

Stephanie, I am so sorry you went through that but how amazing you got through it and did as well as you have been doing and that your LO survived! I know how difficult memory issues can be and I am sorry you are dealing with this. Perhaps with time the brain can recover more of your memory functioning. The brain is pretty amazing that way. Will be thinking good thoughts for you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For those of you who wished a loved one back I second that. It is so painful losing someone who you love. I wish life was different and that we never lost the people and animals we loved. I wish we would all live happily and forever but I know that will probably never be. Though lifespans will increase dramatically at some point in the future I wonder how good health can be maintained for such a long lifespan.

I would love to have all my fur babies who are gone back and my grandma too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1454518297|3986253 said:
I would have had good parents.

I'm sorry you had crappy parents and a difficult childhood Kenny. I wonder though how much you would have changed i.e. not be who you are today if things had been different in that category. Sometimes I think dealing with traumatic and challenging situations make us who we are today and not sure I would want to change certain things. Just musing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1454512163|3986182 said:
Jambalaya|1454511679|3986174 said:

So true about the hair!

Another vote for the hair. I would want straight and thick hair instead of my thin curly hair. Of course that would be a wish further down on my list but if we got to change a few things this would be on the list.

PintoBean said:
Just a couple inches more in height. Imagine the cost savings not having to alter my pants! (and how much thinner I'd be spreading my weight vertically!

Haha I hear you. You are perfect the way you are but I agree. I wouldn't hate being a few inches taller.

ame said:
That I could stay on my freaking low-carb diet.

Restricting carbs are the most difficult. Good luck ame. I love carbs too.

CJ2008 said:
Have more money.
packrat said:
Money.

If it was something only specifically for myself, since more money would affect all four of us, I would wish for beautiful skin.

telephone89 said:
I was going to say money as well. Perhaps I could've won the powerball. I'm sure I'd get a lot of deadbeats trying to hit me up for money but a) gtfo and b) I'd just travel around and avoid them :Up_to_something:

Yeah more money would make life a bit easier. And packrat I am right there with you for wishing for more beautiful skin. In my case if my autoimmune issue would go away I think my skin would be a lot better. Wishing for clearer skin for all of us.

natyLad said:
I would want my university professor, who was my PhD supervisor, back. He passed a year ago, at the age of 69, and since then i'm suffering the biggest loss of my life. He was my mentor, my second dad, my best friend. I'm still in denial and live with the illusion that he is somewhere far away and eventually he will be back.

Naty, I am sorry. How wonderful you had that kind of close supportive relationship with him and I am so sorry he is gone. (((Hugs))).

Cherokee1979|1454512152|3986181 said:
First, I am sorry for the losses that the above two posters had mentioned. Wishing you strength.

When reading the question, the first thing that popped into my mind is to hit the lottery. Ha! In reflecting upon that though, it gave me a very positive little epiphany, in that if something as trivial as that would be the thing I would change, then I am very, very fortunate with how few problems I have in my life. Very grateful. But if we could go back in the past and get something back, I sure would like to have back my dog, grandma, and maybe, just maybe, my marriage.

I agree Cherokee. If money is at the top of the list we are in pretty good condition. I am sorry your dog and grandma are gone. And sorry about your marriage. (((Hugs))).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have removed my personality-disordered parents from my life when I first left home at 18. Permanently. Things would have been very, very different for me.

But hey, I'm taking my marching orders from myself now and life is good, my DH and I are happy and that is a lot to have.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have stayed with education as my major in college. I wanted to be a teacher but my group of friends were always making fun of education majors so I switched. I did end up teaching as an adjunct for 21 years and loved it but if I'd stuck with my original major I'd probably be a full time teacher.

Q

Queenie60

I would take away my sons mental illness.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'd want my dog and 2 cats back. We lost them all within 11 months' time, and our house hasn't been the same since the final one left us nearly 2 years ago.

Trouble is, I don't want new animals. I want those ones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results