shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are shopping, check this source!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

putlovr

Rough_Rock
I just bought a diamond from a firm in NY called Sde. I hope some retailers are reading this and may contact them because they got me a great stone. I know, "Yeah, Yeah, Sure". But its true. I've been shoppping since January.

This is a special stone for a 50th birthday. Its probably the fifth diamond I've bought in my life. A one carat engagement ring, two one carat earrings, a 2-1/2 carat "upgrade" to the engagement ring, and now a large, emerald cut.

I got a great deal because the guy I bought it from is the brother of a friend, is a partner in a business with three offices: Israel, New York, Antwerp, and did me a favor. I told him exactly what my criteria were, my price range, and he only showed me three stones over a period of three months. I wanted a special deal, a great deal, so he patiently watched, kept his eyes opened and contacted me when he saw one. His name is Didier Stein and he is in Israel. In New York his partner is Sandra Ruc? They are located in the Diamond building on the eighth floor. I highly recommend them. The biggest markup is in the last step, from the retailer to the customer. There may be four or five or more people in between, but the profits are not great percentagewise until it gets to the retailer.

Will you get as good a deal as I did? I doubt it. But believe me, I've shopped, had introductions (in New York, everyone knows someone in the business they can refer you too) and these people were well below the best price I could find in New York (they delivered it from Israel to their NY office).

I'm skeptical. I insisted on a GIA cert. I even took the stone to the GIA with the cert and paid $340 just to make sure it was the same stone in the cert. I'd like to return the favor to these people by helping them get other business. Would they help an individual who wanted a special stone like me? Probably, but this was a large sale. Would they be a good contact for any retailer? Without a doubt YES!

putlovr

Rough_Rock
my wife just went to Tiffany's to check out settings (we only bought the stone, Tiffany's won't set someone else's stone, but we can decide on design).

for a set stone with tiny baguetes, Tiffany was more than double the price I paid. both stones were the same color, but mine was IF, Internally Flawless (GIA cert) and theirs was only a VS1. I'm feeling better and better about Sde Diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results