shape
carat
color
clarity

IF Pear in new Micro-setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this picture awhile ago:

pear_microsetting.jpg

And finally decided to set my IF 2.01 ct. pear the same way. I'm having Whiteflash custom make the setting for me. I got pix of the wax yesterday:

EDITTED TO ADD: PLEASE DO NOT USE MY PHOTOS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

steffora_wax.jpg

Since I didn't know what the side profile of the other ring was like, I requested it be done in a filigree style. All the pave stones are going to be ACA diamonds. I'm so excited! Can't wait until it is done! :)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
6.gif
wow, makes that pear look quite yummy!!

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is going to be AMAZING!! Can''t wait to see the final product.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
The setting is absolutely beautiful. I have been looking @ settings for my stone. Approximately what does it cost to get a setting custom made similiar to yours. What is the caret weight of your mounting??? Thanks!!! Abbott.......... Oh how long does it take to have the setting made???

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG-
3.gif
6.gif
3.gif
6.gif

I saw that setting too. Excellent choice. How long have you had the pear? Have you been looking around for a setting or did this idea "pop" when you saw the setting.

This is going to be amazing MA- don''t forget to post. I can''t wait.

My friend has a beautiful "E" 2ct pear- she should do the same.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 7:55
6.gif
9 PM
Author: abbott
The setting is absolutely beautiful. I have been looking @ settings for my stone. Approximately what does it cost to get a setting custom made similiar to yours. What is the caret weight of your mounting??? Thanks!!! Abbott.......... Oh how long does it take to have the setting made???
Thank you! I had a local jeweler give me an estimate, and WF beat it by $400. I also bought the stone from them originally, so actually was more comfortable in having them do it anyway. It is approx. $2k for the setting, which will be platinum and include approx. .50 ct. ACA pave diamonds. It would have been a few hundred less for white gold, but I decided I like the weight and feel of platinum better.

I gave them a picture, got the quote, and sent them my stone. It is supposed to take 7-10 working days to complete. They received my stone last Friday, so I''m guessing I may have it late next week or early the following.

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous design! Can''t wait to see the finished product.
10.gif

abbott

Shiny_Rock
What color is your pear.. and do they "match" the diamonds in the setting to your stone???

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8
6.gif
0:54 PM
Author: sevens one
OMG-
3.gif
6.gif
3.gif
6.gif

I saw that setting too. Excellent choice. How long have you had the pear? Have you been looking around for a setting or did this idea ''pop'' when you saw the setting. This is going to be amazing MA- don''t forget to post. I can''t wait.

I got this pear almost a year ago. Originally, I had purchased a nearly 3 ct. pear from DiamondsbyLauren. I was going to have him set it into a 3 stone pear ring (ala Jessica Simpson). He shipped the stone to me loose to make sure I liked it. I sent it back to him, UPS, to have set, and it was STOLEN somewhere along the way.
7.gif
I was so heartbroken. I ended up getting this 2.01ct. K/IF pear from WF and just putting it in a simple cathedral setting instead.

At first I really liked it, but when it came down to it, I realized that I''m just not a plain solitaire kind of girl, and I kept debating what I should do. I had seen and saved this microsetting picture and kept going back to it. So I finally just decided to do it!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8
6.gif
9:20 PM
What color is your pear.. and do they ''match'' the diamonds in the setting to your stone???

My pear is a K in color. I wasn''t sure if the pave stones should match it or be whiter. Lesley said that Brian would take a look at it when it came that time and do whatever looked best.....so I''m not sure yet. And OF COURSE, as soon as I get the finished ring I will be posting pictures!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MaryAlaina, am curious as to why you chose the K/IF combination over say a higher color grade and maybe a little lower in clarity.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be beautiful! what a great choice. Is it a loose stone now or how do you currently have it set?

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn''t specifically looking for that combination. I was looking in a variety of combinations, in weights over 2 ct. That particular stone was available, was in my price range, and the "mental" thing about it being IF was just a little bonus. I had a specific l to w ratio I was looking for, and as anyone who has looked for a pear knows, every possible combination of weight, lw ratio, color and clarity isn''t available. You pick from what is. I personally like stones in the lower color ranges, as I feel like you get more for your money that way.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8:22:38 PM
Author: lop
Is it a loose stone now or how do you currently have it set?
I had it in a platinum cathedral setting, but WF removed it from that.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think that''s a great price- esp. for platinum. And 7 - 10 days!
23.gif
That''s fast.
Man I can''t wait to see it. What a fun project.

Is this for the right hand or left?
Will you wear it with a pave band or by itself? (so many questions)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This will be beautiful. Congrats!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It will be a stunner--look forward to the final result.......

cheers--Sharon

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/13/2005 8:24:32 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
I had a specific l to w ratio I was looking for, and as anyone who has looked for a pear knows, every possible combination of weight, lw ratio, color and clarity isn''t available. You pick from what is.
You are sure correct there. I was really lucky that I found my F-SI1 which was exactly what I was looking for.

When I shopped for my oval, I was also looking for F-SI1, but got stuck buying 2.05ct D-VS2 because that was what they had.
I feel that SI1 stones are more value for the money since I could not see the inclusions with my naked eye anyway. I know, mmm sure can
2.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
OMG, MaryAlaina, my jaw just dropped! I have been collecting pictures of different split-shanks for my pear too!!! The friend that SevensOne refers to above is me.

Your setting is going to be absolutey droolworthy!!!
3.gif
I can''t wait to see the final product. You''ll have to post a new thread with a collage of ALL the pics -- unset pear, solitaire pear, wax, and final setting. The price that WF is giving you is very, very good. I can''t believe they can have it done so quickly. I must tell you a little about my experience over the last year . . . (yes, I said year) . . .

You may remember, my 2 ct pear, like yours, was in a solitaire setting temporarily. I actually attempted to have a custom ring made with a local jeweler that has ended horribly, a year later, and I now have a loose pear and no setting at all!! I''ve been so emotionally spent over the entire process, I''m torn between selling the pear and completely starting over with a round brilliant or keeping it and starting fresh with a new design -- a split shank of sorts.

Not to bore all of you with my dirty laundry, but seeing MA''s split-shank does make my heart go pitter-pat again which is a lot considering the tears I have shed over the last several months every time I look at my pear folded up in the little "diamond paper thingy." To keep the pear or not . . . that is My dilemma. Maybe following the progress on your new ring, MA, will help renew my faith in the custom process. I hope you don''t mind me sort of using you as a way to encourage myself to move on (Geez, it kinda sounds like I went through a divorce
40.gif
).

Keep us posted.

DiamondLil

abbott

Shiny_Rock
What length to ratio were you looking for????

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8:29:15 PM
Author: sevens one
I think that''s a great price- esp. for platinum. And 7 - 10 days!
23.gif
That''s fast.

Man I can''t wait to see it. What a fun project.

Is this for the right hand or left?

Will you wear it with a pave band or by itself? (so many questions)

Well, probably mostly on my right hand, but those who know me, know that I have a bunch of larger diamond rings, and I like to switch them all around, mix and match, switch hands, etc. I got it in a size that will accomodate both hands. I plan on wearing it alone, as I think a band would distract from it.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8:42:26 PM
Author: cflutist
I feel that SI1 stones are more value for the money since I could not see the inclusions with my naked eye anyway.
I agree...if a SI1, in an acceptable weight, color and LW ratio had been available, I would have bought it. That said, you can get a better clarity for less money than you can get a better color.....

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8:46:44 PM
Author: diamondlil
You''ll have to post a new thread with a collage of ALL the pics -- unset pear, solitaire pear, wax, and final setting.
I''ll definitely post pix. I don''t know how to do the collage thing (maybe someone can send me directions in a PM). I''m sorry to hear about your ordeal. I know I was so distraught when my first pear was stolen. It''s silly how tied up our emotions get with our jewelry, but it''s all real! I''m sorry you''ve had such a mess to deal with. Maybe you will decide to do something similar....I really like this look. It looks antique-ish, yet is very up to date in styling.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 8:47:23 PM
What length to ratio were you looking for????
It had to be 1.50-1.60. My first pear was a 1.53, while this one is a 1.56 (it is 10.93mm x 7.01 mm). I actually like this look better, and looking back at pix of my first one, I think it looks a little too fat to me now.

book_of_love

Rough_Rock
Oh my gosh! Its so pretty! Post more pics as soon as you can!
10.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Tomatoe sent me step by step instructions on doing a collage.
I''ll forward them to you.

didiamond

Brilliant_Rock
MA...That is going to be GORGEOUS! I remember reading about your ordeal with the missing pear and my heart sank with yours (even though I didn''t know you at that point)! I can''t wait for WhiteFlash to finish this ring....and so quickly! I haven''t had the opportunity to have something "custom made" so I''m a little stunned to hear how quickly their doing it. I''m sure after you post pictures of it I''m going to want to get a pear again! (Ahhhhh...don''t let my DH hear me say that!!!
emotion-39.gif
) It''s bad enough that I fell in love with asschers because of you! How much more trouble are you going to get me in?!
emwink.gif

As always, your taste is impeccable so I am anxious to see the finished product!

abbott

Shiny_Rock
MA, When you lost your ring... Was it insured??? If so, how long did it take you to settle with the insurance company?? Abbott

PS.... Crazy about your ring.... Have been wanting to add a pear to my collection... but wasn''t sure .... Now I''m convinced that pears can be beautiful ....

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2005 9:23:56 PM
Author: didiamond
I''m sure after you post pictures of it I''m going to want to get a pear again! (Ahhhhh...don''t let my DH hear me say that!!!
emotion-39.gif
) It''s bad enough that I fell in love with asschers because of you! How much more trouble are you going to get me in?!
emwink.gif

As always, your taste is impeccable so I am anxious to see the finished product!

Thanks Diane! (Want me to warn you before I post the finished pictures?? lol) YOUR jewels are the ones that I admire, so I always appreciate your comments..........and I bow to your supreme "caratage".......You know the phrase "you rock"? Well, YOU really DO!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results