shape
carat
color
clarity

If it''s not a carbon spot, what is it exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I went to a loose diamond show this afternoon and found one that I really liked, but it had a carbon spot that I could see without a loupe. The woman assured me that the jeweller could put the stone so that the prong covers it up. When I called it a carbon spot, she told me that it''s a misconception and that it''s just a flaw with the crystals and not really carbon. I''m confused now...if it''s not carbon, what is it? Or was this lady a card short of a full deck?
33.gif

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade
My understanding is that there is no actual carbon as inclusions in diamond. I would think that it would be either garnet or diopside.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi Noahsmom...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that my little one (12 wks old) is NOAH TOO..! This is my first boy ( I have 2 girls ) and I LOVE the name. Sorry I''m off the topic

Annette, NYC

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 7:30:07 AM
Author: atroop711
Hi Noahsmom...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that my little one (12 wks old) is NOAH TOO..! This is my first boy ( I have 2 girls ) and I LOVE the name. Sorry I''m off the topic

Annette, NYC
Annette,

I have been trying to catch you to say Hi - good to see you!
35.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:34:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/5/2009 7:30:07 AM

Author: atroop711

Hi Noahsmom...

Annette, NYC

Annette,

I have been trying to catch you to say Hi - good to see you!
35.gif

HI!!!! I haven''t been around in a long time but it''s nice to see familiar ppl still on here!!!!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new LO Annette! Indeed, Noah is a great name.
2.gif

Maybe I should get the diamond with a bit of garnet in it, it is my son''s birthstone after all.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results