Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

If it''s not a carbon spot, what is it exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I went to a loose diamond show this afternoon and found one that I really liked, but it had a carbon spot that I could see without a loupe. The woman assured me that the jeweller could put the stone so that the prong covers it up. When I called it a carbon spot, she told me that it''s a misconception and that it''s just a flaw with the crystals and not really carbon. I''m confused now...if it''s not carbon, what is it? Or was this lady a card short of a full deck?

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade
My understanding is that there is no actual carbon as inclusions in diamond. I would think that it would be either garnet or diopside.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Hi Noahsmom...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that my little one (12 wks old) is NOAH TOO..! This is my first boy ( I have 2 girls ) and I LOVE the name. Sorry I''m off the topic

Annette, NYC

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/5/2009 7:30:07 AM
Author: atroop711
Hi Noahsmom...

I just wanted to say hi and let you know that my little one (12 wks old) is NOAH TOO..! This is my first boy ( I have 2 girls ) and I LOVE the name. Sorry I''m off the topic

Annette, NYC
Annette,

I have been trying to catch you to say Hi - good to see you!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 7:34:04 AM
Author: Lorelei
Date: 2/5/2009 7:30:07 AM

Author: atroop711

Hi Noahsmom...

Annette, NYC
Annette,

I have been trying to catch you to say Hi - good to see you!

HI!!!! I haven''t been around in a long time but it''s nice to see familiar ppl still on here!!!!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your new LO Annette! Indeed, Noah is a great name.

Maybe I should get the diamond with a bit of garnet in it, it is my son''s birthstone after all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    Vintage OEC Bracelet
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.