shape
carat
color
clarity

If it's eye clean and not milky/cloudy...

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
It's reserved and I just called BN about a price match. They will send the request on Monday. So exciting and how fabulous that it has an ASET. Sure beats the knotty contender out the water.

I also requested an eye clean and hazy/milky visual inspection.

Thank you for the find, Simone!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's reserved and I just called BN about a price match. They will send the request on Monday. So exciting and how fabulous that it has an ASET. Sure beats the knotty contender out the water.

I also requested an eye clean and hazy/milky visual inspection.

Thank you for the find, Simone!
My pleasure! I don’t think that the stone will have any issues with transparency, but it’s good that you asked. I think that the video on Yadav is even better - you can see that the crystal appears really pretty and transparent.:love: I am excited for you!

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Will keep you posted! Now I have the next 72 hours to obsess. :geek2:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just noticed that @gm89uk recommended the same stone so thank you very much for posting it, @gm89uk! Thank you to @SimoneDi for cross-checking the websites enabling me to purchase the stone utilizing BN’s upgrade and price match program. You guys rock!
Oh that’s awesome! I didn’t even notice that @gm89uk linked the same stone earlier!
It’s a gorgeous diamond and I am glad that you reserved it!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks great, worlds apart from your other one. Hope it all works out.

Ss52

Shiny_Rock
Karen,o,

I’m sooo happy for you!! This new-found diamond is AWESOME. Don’t worry about the depth. It’s only the deep because there’s a 16% Crown Height. The small table plus the height will make for a very firey stone, lots of rainbow colors. Quite different from the 6060 stone you have now. The 40.6 pavilion angle is complementary, plus more of the diamond is above the girdle where you can see it. It’s a win win combination. Thanks to the pricescopers who located it for you. can you please post photographs when you receive it.

Oh, meant to say, diamondscreener.com places it into the AGS ideal and GIA excellent categories! Rare indeed. congratulations

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I appreciate the information. Fingers crossed it works out and will definitely post pictures!

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Update: BN approved the price match for the 2.2 G SI1 for $18,930:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11957854

BN's upgrade policy states that I have 30 days to exchange my upgraded stone for one that is more expensive. I cannot get my original stone back once I send it in.

I will not be upgrading for a long time after this, if ever. Before I say yes, do you think the 2.2 G SI1 is a better stone than https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12122700 or other (bigger) stones in BN's inventory for under 21k or should I quit while I'm ahead with the 2.2 G SI1?

Thank you so much!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: BN approved the price match for the 2.2 G SI1 for $18,930:
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD11957854

BN's upgrade policy states that I have 30 days to exchange my upgraded stone for one that is more expensive. I cannot get my original stone back once I send it in.

I will not be upgrading for a long time after this, if ever. Before I say yes, do you think the 2.2 G SI1 is a better stone than https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-details/LD12122700 or other (bigger) stones in BN's inventory for under 21k or should I quit while I'm ahead with the 2.2 G SI1?

Thank you so much!

That’s an awesome update!

While the 2.5 H SI1 is larger, I still much prefer the look of the 2.22 G SI1. It is a clean and beautiful stone with lovely proportions. The 2.5 has complimentary angles, but I am not crazy about it’s inclusions and overall look. Others might disagree.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s an awesome update!

While the 2.5 H SI1 is larger, I still much prefer the look of the 2.22 G SI1. It is a clean and beautiful stone with lovely proportions. The 2.5 has complimentary angles, but I am not crazy about it’s inclusions and overall look. Others might disagree.
Agreed. I prefer the other one.

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Also, if I get a more expensive stone and decide I do not like it, I cannot exchange it for the less expensive 2.2 G within the 30 day period.

Probably a smarter strategy to go with the 2.2 first, although I can’t imagine not liking such a pretty diamond.

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Awesome, 2.2 would definitely be my choice, glad @SimoneDi made it possible with BN.

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your responses! Looking forward to seeing the 2.2 in person!

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
Pricescopers, please don’t be annoyed but I went to my local jeweler and tried on stones in the 8.2-8.65mm range and the size of the 2.2 G was not what I had hoped. I should have tried on rings in person before making this decision! I am upgrading for size and after trying on stones in person, the cost would be worth it past the 8.45mm mark. I’m willing to increase my budget to $22k if it would get us a well cut stone from Blue Nile. I carefully looked at H and I stones today in daylight and could not see a difference. Could a kind soul please help me find a Blue Nile contender past the 8.45mm mark for under $22k? I would be so grateful! I am also willing to wait if there are no good options at the moment. I’m frustrated with my indecision but as soon as I tried on the 2.2 size in person, I said, “no.” I want to do this right. Thank you!

KarenmO

Rough_Rock
I tried 3 sizes today:

2.18 ct (same diameter as the 2.2 G SI1)
8.30 x 8.32 x 5.16 (regrettably not enough of a visual difference from my current ring to justify the upgrade cost)

2.31 ct I VVS1
8.45 x 8.51 (looked great)

2.49 ct H VVS2
8.64 x 8.69 x 5.41 (huge!)

I had a tough time telling the 2.31 and the 2.49 apart but could definitely see their size difference compared to the 2.18.

This 2.31 I VS2 has the same diameter as the 2.31 that I tried on today and liked. Is it a good option? Only thing I could fault is it's an I, not a G.
https://www.bluenile.com/diamond-de...DiamondDetails&action=newTab&catalogView=true
Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 4.08.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 4.08.50 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 4.02.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 4.02.15 PM.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 7
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results