shape
carat
color
clarity

If it were your b-day/anni present what would you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the band Geckodani posted-I have the picture saved into my ring folder!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:23:40 PM
Author: lili
Oo....that band that Gecko posted is lovely.

And I have to say, your e-ring is just to die for.

I love those chunky facets of the old cut.

ETA: hey, my anny is in april too.

Why thank you! I love my OEC too! When is your anniversary? Ours is the 26th.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 6:35:28 PM
Author: paeony
Haha, this time I almost got distracted by the super cute kids in the avatars on this thread... seriously, must the people with the cutest kids all post on the same thread?? Its a bit of a cuteness overload..

Date: 2/25/2009 3:22:43 PM

Author: Tacori E-ring

What about earring jackets? Here is a Bev K with your birthstone already in it. Julian at Pearlman''s is pretty well versed in Bev K (after having to deal with ME! Haha!) He''ll help you out for sure (if Bev K is the route you decide to go).

I love this ring with the aquas!!! Def. my vote!!

Thanks for the sweet compliments on my wedding set. I love it dearly. The stone and WB are my original stone and WB, but the e-ring setting was a re-set.

And, all the kiddos in the av''s is because I called all my friends from the mommy thread over here.
3.gif
There are some super cute kids on the mommy thread if I do say so myself!

I think DH will go with the band with aquas. I''ll be sure to post tons of pics when I get it!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:10:27 PM
Author: packrat

Did you have the pics saved before she posted it? Too funny. Are aquas you birthstone too?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
paeony, you are so sweet. Thank you!

Burk, too funny! I think the ring would look awesome in your collection. I love your wedding set too.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:13:56 PM
Author: Burk

Did you have the pics saved before she posted it? Too funny. Are aquas you birthstone too?

Hehehe yep, I spent forever going thru Pearlman''s and saved a few that I really really loved! Aqua is my sons stone, and I''d thought about seeing at some point if they could put citrines in place of the wee diamonds for my daughters stone. Plus, it''s just so dang pretty! Can''t wait to see pictures when you get it!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
YAY for choosing the one!!! and i have never seen your e-ring, i don''t think. it is GORGEOUS!!
your thread has given me ideas about my anni present, coming up in march. too bad i can''t do a combined birthday as well, which is in april. DH already got me my birthday gift.
i am so excited for you.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Burk! came to this a bit late, but love the bands!! can''t wait to see the final product
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
PSA: Tacori found the band and linked to it. I just posted the pic. LOL.
3.gif
I have way too much time on my hands.

Burk - YAY! I think it's going to be spectacular!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 8:31:25 AM
Author: geckodani
PSA: Tacori found the band and linked to it. I just posted the pic. LOL.
3.gif
I have way too much time on my hands.

Gecko, thank you for posting the pic. I am lazy and am really, really bad at posting pics!
3.gif
For some reason links just seem SO much faster.

Burk, I KNOW I remember a PSer getting that ring as a gift for her friend. Maybe you can find it. Can''t remember if she put hand shots in the thread. This was awhile ago.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I would love one of these for my anni present, someday...

emerald_one.jpg

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 8:46:23 PM
Date: 2/25/2009 8:13:56 PM

Hehehe yep, I spent forever going thru Pearlman''s and saved a few that I really really loved! Aqua is my sons stone, and I''d thought about seeing at some point if they could put citrines in place of the wee diamonds for my daughters stone. Plus, it''s just so dang pretty! Can''t wait to see pictures when you get it!

That would be such a cool ring....and I think citrines and aquas would look so pretty together! When you do that, please post tons of pics!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
puffy~Thanks! That's funny that your anni and b-day are also in March and April! You should get a pretty for your anni! What did DH get you for your B-day?

msb~Thanks! I'll be sure to post lots of pics!

Gecko~I'm so glad you posted the pic so that every time I come back to this thread I can drool. I emailed DH the link last night so we'll see how quickly he moves....my birthday is next week.
5.gif

Tacori~Yea, DH is a piece of work. I'll do a search for that thread. I think I remember what your talking about. I remember thinking the band was great then!

mochi~That is STUNNING!!!

30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 1:50:53 PM
and my wedding set:
Wowzers, that is a fabulous wedding set!!!! I love OEC/OMC, swoon.
30.gif
30.gif
I like the bev k.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Skippy~Thanks so much! I''m a big fan of the old cuts, too! My earrings are OEC''s too and I plan to get myself an antique cushion some day!

So, I started digging up old posts and a PSer had a Bev K band made as a mother''s ring and was able to pick the gemstones....which has me thinking maybe I should include Dh''s birthstone (October b-day which is opals and tourmalines so I def. go with tourmaline) in addition to the aquas for my birthstone? Thoughts?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Here is a link to the thread with the mother''s ring with the gemstones link

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 1:44:40 PM
Skippy~Thanks so much! I''m a big fan of the old cuts, too! My earrings are OEC''s too and I plan to get myself an antique cushion some day!

So, I started digging up old posts and a PSer had a Bev K band made as a mother''s ring and was able to pick the gemstones....which has me thinking maybe I should include Dh''s birthstone (October b-day which is opals and tourmalines so I def. go with tourmaline) in addition to the aquas for my birthstone? Thoughts?

I went to look at the ring in the link-wowowowow it''s so pretty!! I love the idea of having a mother''s ring more unique and than the ones you can order at Sears etc (Which is how I got my engagement ring b/c none of the mall stores would do a birthstone ring at a decent price). And I REALLY like the idea of having hubby''s stone along w/yours Burk! It''s a nice sentiment and makes it even more special.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm. I think it would look cool either way - but I really like it the way it is!!!

P.S. I want to reach into your avatar and pinch T''s ''lil cheeks!!!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
packrat~Thanks for your post. I plan to stack bands to represent each of my kids. I love the idea of having something to represent them and I think that ring I posted is so cool!

gecko~Thanks! Her cheeks are pretty kissable/pinchable/lovable if I do say so myself!
5.gif
So you don''t think it''s kind of sill to have an anniversary present with only my birthstones?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 3:52:51 PM
packrat~Thanks for your post. I plan to stack bands to represent each of my kids. I love the idea of having something to represent them and I think that ring I posted is so cool!

gecko~Thanks! Her cheeks are pretty kissable/pinchable/lovable if I do say so myself!
5.gif
So you don''t think it''s kind of sill to have an anniversary present with only my birthstones?
Well, you''re the one wearing it, right?
3.gif
I''m not hugely attached to birthstones in general, LOL, so maybe that''s why. What color tourmaline would you use?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 4:04:06 PM

5.gif

3.gif
I''m not hugely attached to birthstones in general, LOL, so maybe that''s why. What color tourmaline would you use?

I''m not really into birthstones, either. I love the color of aquas, though. I think I''d probably do pink tourmalines.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 4:06:55 PM

5.gif

3.gif

I''m not really into birthstones, either. I love the color of aquas, though. I think I''d probably do pink tourmalines.
LOL. I don''t like pink, so I''m the wrong one to ask on that one.
9.gif
12.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 4:09:38 PM
Date: 2/26/2009 4:06:55 PM

5.gif

3.gif

LOL. I don''t like pink, so I''m the wrong one to ask on that one.
9.gif
12.gif

He he. DH was not so much a fan of pink, either, since it would be the stone that represented him. Men.
20.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
How exciting! I can''t wait to see it finished.
One idea that came to my mind was a station/by the yard necklace that you could wear all the time and customize the colors.
Maybe tiny colored diamonds.
Just a thought.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
how about just one stone in pink tourmaline and the rest with aquas? Kind of like a surprise diamond concept but the stone is not hidden?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like pink (as evidenced in my Tessa ring) and think it would be sweet...but...I do love how is with the diamonds. What are you leaning towards?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burk, your rings are gorgeous..especially that e-ring!!!
30.gif

And I just wanted to comment that I noticed all the adorable baby avatars on the thread!
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2009 3:58:12 PM
Bev K Bev K! I''m in love with that band Tacori posted!!!
I love this one. Burk, your daughter makes me smile.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ering and your wedding ring. They are gorgeous. Have fun shopping.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 10:08:38 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 2/25/2009 3:58:12 PM
Bev K Bev K! I''m in love with that band Tacori posted!!!
I love this one. Burk, your daughter makes me smile.
I still can''t get over those cheeks.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results