shape
carat
color
clarity

"If I won the lottery " Pearl Edition

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Post the beauties that catch your eye, spark your imagination, but make your wallet scream and hide...

(We have this for colored stones and diamonds, so why not pearls?)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
062A2C6C-8FC3-4D5A-84F7-BD5355D60029.jpeg

The legendary Cowdry Black Pearl Necklace is a natural black pearl necklace consisting of stunningly beautiful natural pearls shining with multi-hued Aubergine, Green, Peacock, Silver and Mink Overtones, laid over a Light Dove to Medium-Dark Charcoal Grey body colors. These stunning pearl colors are extremely reminiscent of the famous cultured Tahitian pearls with their palette of Peacock, Aubergine and Green Overtones. This absolutely gorgeous single strand natural pearl necklace graduates from 6.8-11.4mm, and features 38 pearls of exceptional quality, and finished with a large mixed-cut rectangular diamond clasp.

Originally owned by Lady Pearson, the Viscountess Cowdray, the Cowdray Pearl Necklace initially sold at auction at Christie’s London for $3 million, and later again went to auction at Sotheby’s Auction in Hong Kong where it fetched a cool $5.3 million. We can see why.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I like this one too :)

C1728D3D-4659-424E-921E-1028A8A7826F.jpeg

“This absolutely amazing natural pearl necklace is from an unknown royal family and fetched a record-breaking $9,081,000 at auction in 2013. The necklace measures 21 to 35-Inches and each strand features creamy-rose natural pearls, most likely from the Pinctada radiata saltwater oyster species native to the Persian Gulf. The P. radiata oyster is very close in size and produces pearls similar to that of the Akoya pearl oyster, Pinctada fucata martensii, which is native to the coastal waters of Japan, China, Vietnam and Burma.

An astounding 614 pearls graduate from 5.1-17.05mm throughout the continuous layout, and the necklace is finished with a platinum and white gold bar clasp studded with tiny cushion-shaped, Old Mine Cut diamond accents. The $9 Million price tag, while not the absolute highest price fetched for any pearl necklace ever (that distinction goes to La Peregrina, #1 on our List), it is perhaps the 2nd or 3rd most expensive pearl necklace in the world.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just can't justify the $5500 expense right now- but I love this necklace.

il_794xN.2607269121_n1uu.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

That would be the strand of Sea of Cortez pearls long ago listed at Kojima. Sadly no picture just the image burned indelibly into my brain.

@lovedogs knows which strand I am referring to.

cheers--Sharon

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want Nina Dyer’s famous black pearls:
83AA1C98-2617-46D7-A7F8-557E184C11BB.jpeg
Or Marie Antoinette’s pearl necklace later owned by Barbara Hutton:
BCAD4616-3C19-4946-8E6E-345F799C05BB.jpeg

Or Duchess of Windsor’s famous SS pearls:
8D5B8D8C-A204-483C-995E-C34997425C2A.jpeg
5685E891-8F2E-47D7-87F7-11FF367A1DAB.jpeg

Those are all spectacular! Are the photos from a book? Looks like one I’d like to read!

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
A really fine black with peacock luster pearl pendant, ring and earrings. Single pearls, simple design. Also a white 'tin cup' necklace...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too would love to have the Duchess of Windsor's suite of SSPs with mis-matched earrings, or recreate the set using new pearls.

If I were to buy new pearls, then a strand each of round white SSP and round blue Tahitians, minimal graduation, with the largest pearl around 15mm.

They will have a nice diamond clasp so that the clasps can sit to the side of my neck in the front as a feature.

DK :))

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, I already used my Wilma Flintstone pic in a different thread a couple of years ago, so here’s what would be nice now.... a double or triple strand with a huge antique sapphire and diamond clasp. Something like this, or an Art Deco clasp with intricate diamond and metalwork ...

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
I remember that strand! Incredibly beautiful. I wonder if she wears it?

Now I wonder if she was able to keep it after stepping away from royal duties? What a shame if it's in a vault somewhere.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
This. In a heartbeat. Assael's Fiji pearl necklace like the one presented to the Duchess of Sussex.
ASSAELFiji_Neck-opt.jpg

OMFG why do you do this to me!

sorry i originally quoted MTG I overscrolled out of excitement
and quoted wrong.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Now I wonder if she was able to keep it after stepping away from royal duties? What a shame if it's in a vault somewhere.

Oh well she has the Netflex money to buy a replacement if that's the case
i actually have no idea what her jewlery tastes are apart from her redesigned ER

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Can I get a two things with my lotto winnings?

First, @yssie ’s pearl bracelet from PP, plus the pearls I’d need to lengthen it for my bigger boned wrists :lol:

Then, this necklace from Kamoka or something like it! I love rainbowy color combos...

BC996BBB-B23D-4C85-9545-68C30644437E.jpeg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Adding the thread to her amazing bracelet and a thrilling read too!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly think @yssie's spectacular, extraordinary bracelet is a finer grade than all of these.

Yes indeed. I think her bracelet is one of a kind. Half the fun was reading her journey in obtaining her beautiful pearls. The other half spent gazing at their loveliness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results