shape
carat
color
clarity

if a diamond has exelent symmetry does this mean...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crimson156

Rough_Rock
if a diamond has exelent symmetry does this mean it has good angles on its crown and pavillion?
depth is 60.1
table is 59
it doesn''t give me the crown or pavillion angles
is it safe for me to assume that they r good based on the above?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 1/19/2004 9:55:56 PM crimson156 wrote:

if a diamond has exelent symmetry does this mean it has good angles on its crown and pavillion?----------------

Definitely NOT. Get a full page version of the Sarin or OGI computerized proportions analysis, it is the only way to determine the actual Crown & Pavilion angle measurements...

The same answer holds true for the overall proportions rating... Some people assume that a diamond automatically has zero ideal cut proportions if the GIA graded the polish and symmetry as Excellent and as this stone proves, the answer is no... The 59% table indicates that the best possible scenario for the proportions rating is AGS-1 Excellent, however it could be much lower depending on the actual Crown & Pavilion angle measurements...

crimson156

Rough_Rock
ok thanks
its also a premium cut

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
A "premium cut" is usually used to describe diamonds with proportions that fall within the AGS-1 Excellent to AGS-2 Very Good range, but here again this can not be determined without a Sarin or OGI proportions analysis.

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If that stone has a comment of "premium cut" on it's certificate ,and has the depth and table you had mentioned,than yes it is within the proportions of an ags 1 or 2.that doesnot mean that the stone doesn't have brilliance or fire to it.
I would have to know a more information on the stone ,if you can provide all the numbers on the cert. it came with ,than I could analyze it better.
read.gif

diamondsR4ever

Rough_Rock
symmetry is best described as how everything is proportioned--and while important, it does not represent cut quality.

a good example: a stone w/ excellent symmetry can have a bad cut but a stone with an excellent cut usually will not have bad symmetry...it will usually have very good to excellent.

a premium cut could be everything from very good to excellent, but usually not as high as ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results