shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL Live "Gang Blog" April 4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Ohh...Poor Bucky
15.gif
he was growing on me.....I just knew his ticket was up!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2006 9:22:50 PM
Author: Mandarine
Ok...I did not need to see his sweaty arm pits
23.gif

Was he better today or am I just feeling bad for him??
Oh, I didn''t need to see that either. This show was chock full of TMI (Kellie''s snot rag and Ace''s nasty armpits--YUCK!)

I''m not too disappointed with the result...it was kinda like Scott and the blond guy getting voted off last year--neither here nor there for me.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 9:49:46 PM
Author: monarch64
Date: 4/12/2006 9:22:50 PM

Author: Mandarine

Ok...I did not need to see his sweaty arm pits
23.gif

Was he better today or am I just feeling bad for him??
Oh, I didn''t need to see that either. This show was chock full of TMI (Kellie''s snot rag and Ace''s nasty armpits--YUCK!)

I''m not too disappointed with the result...it was kinda like Scott and the blond guy getting voted off last year--neither here nor there for me.

That girl has got to go! She acts like she was the victim of brainsucking aliens! I''m not to unhappy about bucky leaving.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Woooohooo! It's about time.
9.gif

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I really like Bucky, I am sad to see him go.

I really liked tonight''s episode! The family stuff really gave a new perspective to the lives of these American Idol hopefuls. It made all of them infinitely more human... Even Mace...

I am so starting to vote for Elliott starting next week because he deserves to be there as long as possible.

You know I just pinpointed who Mace reminded me of singing "we will rock you!" Do any of you watch Young and the Restless? Okay.. Do you remember Danny Romalotti??? Anyways, that was Mace''s performance!

Did you guys notice, by any chance, how Ryan was "dancing" during the performances. He was so uncomfortable..It was hilarious.

The Mink kept her paws off Chris tonight. She gave him a quick "pat pat" on his shoulder. I guess Mrs. Bald Eagles'' presence scared the little Minx off.

Mace is next... even though after I watched the little blurb of his family, he kinda grew on me. Hard growing up with 4 older brothers!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved the stories behind the singers. I am still catching up on all of this. Mace will be next. Bucky, it was time. I really like Elliot. Katherine bugs me to no end and so does Kellie. Annoying doesn't begin to describe them both. Katherine should go the Broadway route. Chris is awesome. Paris, hmmm haven't seen enough to judge. That's all I can say for now. I have a lot of catching up to do. Next week is Rod Stewart, that should be intersting. Paula was weird as usual.... But Ryan?? What was up with him???
20.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I surprised myself by feeling really sad that Bucky went home...cuz he''s so damn sweet! I was actually feeling weepy during the family videos! I still think it should have been Ace though! Next week?

I''m wondering who will sing, "If you think I''m sexy!"! I bought that record for my mom for Christmas when I was really little, and my Dad made me take it back!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay was it wrong that i fast forwarded through bucky and mace's performances and their family playback, and just listened to elliott's song and story? well along with chris'.
9.gif

i was SO bummed to see E in the bottom three!!! but thank god it wasn't him tonite. next week we all have to vote for him so that he doesn't go home before MACE. oh that would BURN.

speaking of our resident ear-burner, mace was totally irritating me when they were doing the bottom three thing, he was wiping his eyes and looking all freaked out, god man get a grip. are you a man or mouse?

did anyone see kellie do the lean-over on chris to hug katharine and chris had the WOAHsally face?! hee. and with the wife in the audience too. SAUCE-AY!

group song..okay i typically hate these things but they did fabulously and OMG chris was sooooooo cute. big big puffy heart. and how cute was he WITH HAIR?!?
30.gif

lol deco re: danny romalotti, how sad that i remember those days on YATR??? i was just a kid!

and lastly sorry but rod stewart? totally not a fan. that show should be interesting. why are they doing all this focus on old singers who want to promote their new records that are coming out? it's like geriatric idol.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 12:57:13 AM
Author: Mara

lol deco re: danny romalotti, how sad that i remember those days on YATR??? i was just a kid!

Wish I could take credit -- that was FTLOD''s keen observation! Where is LYSSER, man?? There''s a sucking snark hole in my soul this week!

Anyone else think Bucky fell victim to the "sang early in the show" curse? How else to explain MACE''s continued half-life.

Elliot sounded awesome tonight. And Ryan was an ASS.

Ryan "Do you wanna sing now?"
Elliot "Um - no"
Ryan "Well that''s what we do ... we make you cry & then make you sing"
Elliot "Um -- what am I singing?"
Ryan "Just follow the band, man" -- pats Elliot''s arm AND WALKS AWAY!!!!

Then Elliott KILLS it and Ryan casually walks back up to him like "NOW do you remember what you were supposed to sing" --- I was literally hoping Elliott would beat Ryan senseless with his insulin pump.
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i guess all the idol lovers are becoming interchangeable for me now..tee hee.

ryan was a total ass tonite! first he was picking on simon and then elliott and others. please .... he''s like the male version of katastrophe. i LOVED when simon said ''well i could just be insincere like you...''...OH SNAP. the look on ryan''s face was priceless.

also, is it just me or do the idols sound better when they are singing the night they are going home (aka in the bottom three) than when they sing the first time? aka elliott sounded better tonite than last because he seemed less nervous.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I was not surprised by Bucky leaving...It was just his time. I have to say, I felt bad for Ace. He honestly looked pretty shook up. I don''t think it makes him look weak to be shook up and worried...if anything, it showed his sincerity. I knew Elliott was fine and that didn''t worry me even with him in the bottom three...its just not his time...not yet...

Next week, I hope we have a good mix of some of the hits from Rod Stewart out of the Idols...It will be fun...

It is getting harder to see them leave, in some ways.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yeah deanna i guess i could muster up a bit more from the well of sympathy for him if he didn''t absolutely always look like a scared doe.
20.gif
at this point he''s just irritating!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Why was Elliott singing this episode?

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 1:15:14 AM

ryan was a total ass tonite! first he was picking on simon and then elliott and others. please .... he''s like the male version of katastrophe. i LOVED when simon said ''well i could just be insincere like you...''...OH SNAP. the look on ryan''s face was priceless.

also, is it just me or do the idols sound better when they are singing the night they are going home (aka in the bottom three) than when they sing the first time? aka elliott sounded better tonite than last because he seemed less nervous.
Ryan is such a bitchy DIVA! He''s more of a girl than I am!

I thought Elliot was better tonight too, and when I commented on it...my very wise little kid hit it on the head when he told me that Elliot didn''t have to be nervous singing tonight and could relax, because everyone had already voted last night!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone else think that Rod Stewart and Barry Manilow look alike? They must share a plastic surgeon.

Mara, I loved the group song. It sounded awesome!! AND you know who sounded the most awesomess????? it was TAYLOR!!! Man, he rocked "We are the Champions"!! I loved it!!! I wish he hadn''t changed his song cause I wanted to hear more!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 1:15:14 AM

LMAO! Deco, I take it as a sheer compliment!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 1:40:05 AM
Author: EBree
Why was Elliott singing this episode?

Queen didn''t come back and sing a song on the goodbye night so they had each of the bottom 3 sing their songs when they got called down before announcing who would go home.

When I was sitting there listening to Elliot and how great it sounded I told hubby if Elliot goes home I was not going to watch the rest of the season
23.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 8:24:04 AM
Author: mrssalvo

When I was sitting there listening to Elliot and how great it sounded I told hubby if Elliot goes home I was not going to watch the rest of the season
23.gif
I said the same thing
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 8:29:01 AM
Author: Starset

23.gif
I said the same thing
36.gif
hehe i just sat there with my fist stuffed in my mouth going ''no it can''t be''....

also lol re: mace''s half-life deco. classic.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2006 11:27:09 AM

Date: 4/13/2006 8:29:01 AM

23.gif
I said the same thing
36.gif
hehe i just sat there with my fist stuffed in my mouth going ''no it can''t be''....

also lol re: mace''s half-life deco. classic.
Well, a bit of a storm is brewing here in Elliot''s hometown - Richmond, VA. No one from our area can get through to Elliot''s line. For two hours people have tried - repeatedly dialing. Some have said they were able to get through for Kellie & Chris. So - the op ed''s are all over conspiracy theory & how AI can manipulate the number of lines coming in for a particular contestant.

...things that make you go hummm. Oh, and the paper said that the best advice to all that want Elliot not to go - tell all your out of state friends to vote for him. SO, WITH RAISED VOICE - VOTE FOR ELLIOT!

And, if you want some more information about Elliot or Chris, our paper has an idol blog - it''s on their homepage at www.timesdispatch.com

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone catch Saturday Night Live?? On "Weekend Update" they had "special guest" TAYLOR HICKS ... and it was a pretty dead-on impression of him. I think he''s the ONLY IDOL CONTESTANT ever parodied by them?? Could be wrong ... but ... it wasn''t even insulting in the least, just kinda kidding around with his "Soul Patrol" and his Ray Charles-y flailings. I think it could actually HELP him!

They also did a funny bit about whether the "carpet matched the drapes" ... about his nether regions looking like Albert Einstein''s head???

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t get my yahoo avatar to be all cute like yours!!! Help!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FLOD you have to resize it to 96x96 (or as close as possible) keeping ratio the same (I crop it down to an almost square first then resize to get as close as possible) and then upload it. Otherwise it gets stretched or pixelly.

F&I...I had no problem calling in for Elliott the 7 or 8 times or whatever last week...I kept thinking bout what you were saying re: your locals not being able to get through. I was wondering...so if the show airs 3 hours early in East Coast, can you guys still call like at 9pm PST? like when I am calling? The lines were totally clear then it seemed. So that would be like 3-4 hours after the show for you? Or do they close the phone lines 2 hours regionally after the show wherever you are? I''m unsure how that works.

Anyway, another way to get through and get around the local jammed lines is to use your cell phone..that is what I use.

I am so voting for Elliott this week, I don''t want him to go before MACE!

Starset

Shiny_Rock
The phone lines in your area are only open for the two hour window. The phone system knows whether your vote is valid based on your area code.

This week - songs from Rod Stewart''s American Songbook volumes I - IV

Is this album cover freaky or what?

B0002X94Y8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2006 4:23:55 PM
Is this album cover freaky or what?
B0002X94Y8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

LOL. I just heard in my head "If you like my "disembodied legs" and you think I'm sexy, c'mom Sugar let me knowwwwww"

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mara - thanks for voting for Elliot. I didn''t think about using my cell phone. Perhaps, that would have less traffic. I''ll try that tomorrow.

Idol is everywhere. Bucky was on Regis and Ellen this morning singing Supersition. He''s pleasing enough & seems likeable. Also, a satire is do out soon called "American Dreams" (I think) - but it has political leanings like "Wag the Dog".

Even though I don''t think he will win, I''m still on Elliot''s side as I think it may be his only chance at a contract. Chris is already there. Kellie will go on some sort of tour/contract - heck maybe the new Barbie will be modeled after her. Taylor will do O.K. as long as he signs some sort of pre-nup of NO dancing.

Also, do you guys REALLY think that is Kellie''s Prom dress? Maybe there is some sort of slip away - but she would NOT be allowed to Prom with that dress.

Also, I do believe that the back row (or which ever row Kellie, Taylor & Chris is seated in) will be safe. It''s not as random this year.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Rod Stewart night! Who will shine and who will, well, be dull?

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I''m here. I''m here.

I was so appalled by the Queen thing that I, well, I was drowning a see of FEH. And THEN my STUPID tivo recorded something other than AI on wednesday, so I had no comment on that...

Honestly, I''m still recovering from it. It was horrid, in my opinion.

From Kellie, oh aren''t I vampy...to Paris, oh aren''t I trampy...to mAce, who totally got the smack down from Brian May (which was fabu, really)...to Sucky, who I really didn''t think sucked that much, I just didn''t love it.

I thought Chris was good. And I super puffy big heart boys with eyeliner. Well, in the abstract anyway. If the dutchman came down all dolled up, I''d probably be a little freaked. Anyhoodle...He looked yumster. Appreciated that he did a less known Queen song. But I did think the lost a chance to get some new fans.

And one more thing. I don''t think Paris was really aware of the subtext of the song she was singing. I always took it be about Freddie knowing he was dying/ill and going forward...not a very Yeah, C''mon laughing kind of song. Shut.up.paris.

And I think McFeh should have done something other than a slow song. Who wants to live forever...didn''t love it. Not one bit.

And now, Rod Stewart. I can happily snark on that one. Because I think it will be HORRID! woooooo.

We going to do a live bloggy thing again?

I''m in this time for sure!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i should be here tonight and glad you'll be with us lysser
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results