shape
carat
color
clarity

IDOL Live "Gang Blog" April 4

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i ate way too much soup and salad for dinner. stomach is bubbling in a scary way!! decided to have a chocolate cupcake to calm it.

bucky did a great job, smokey voice but a little pitchy. he is definitely getting better. not quite sucky buckster anymore.

gosh randy is calling bucky BABY....now THAT is a little scary.

mace, does he have BAGGY leather pants on? or vinyl. either way, bad. just like his song arrangement attempts. i wanted to hate him, but i thought he actually did a good job. OH NO it's the falsetto there at the end. i take back my praise.

lol did anyone see the 'ace, will you go to prom with me' sign in the crowd??

pick pickler doing bohemian rhapsody...at least she looks good. kinda. that jacket is too much for her small frame. lol night of the living dead look, i would have to agree, the light was totally creating shadows on her heavily-made-up eyes. but she did a surprising good job on the song.

bathroom break! then it's chris. how cute, the daughter of the queen guy thought that chris was awesome. he sounded great of course but holy crap paula, could you get a coherent sentence out? just one?

katherine...one word. boring. 'i just want to stand there and sing'? isn't that what you do almost every week?? show some friggin personality PLEASE!! yes we know you have a fabulous voice, but you are BORING.

on a plus note, she had fabulous earrings on.

haha elliott, he is soooo cute! i loved the whole radio introduction thing. he sounded so good..he's just too cute. a big puffy heart for elliott!! greg, get me the phone! i'm voting for elliott. (i actually did, 5 times!)

oh lord. taylor..WANTING to dance around? PLEASE NO. not loving the suit jacket, it matches his hair..but he did good on the song. it was definitely him.

paris...okay WOW what is she wearing? greg says 'wow she's starting to look kind of slutty'. i said 'they have a stylist who helps them now.' greg says 'helps them what, be slutty?'...nice hair extensions paris. she definitely looked older than 16. in a bad way. she sounded fab though.

best quote of the night? simon going 'i thought it was all just a little weird' in response to paris's performance. i was dying esp when the AI song started playing right into the dead silence after his comment.

everyone did a great job i thought!!! surprisingly enough. my faves...my little bald eagle and elliott!! i didn't vote for chris though maybe i should because what if i don't and then he gets sent home in some weird twist of fate? so i voted 5 times for chris too. then 2 more for elliott.

who's going home? mace in the correct reality.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
I was really looking forward to tonight and I was glad I watched.

Using my scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best...

Bucky....not too shabby, but it wasn''t distracting enough to me to watch it and not do something else................6

Ace..now this week I think he chose a better song that he did actually very well and I liked it quite a bit.............. 8

Kellie...oh lord, when she started, I cringed. All in all, it was ok...she gave it her best, but it is a huge song............6

Chris...yes, those hypnotic eyes! He definitely could have chose better. Not the best choice, but he did well.........8

Taylor..Glad he changed his song choice and he gave it his signature...entertaining and good to watch.................7

Katharine...yes, good decision to change songs. I feel she is damned if she dances, damned if she just sings..........8 1/2

Elliott...this guy belted his song choice tonight...I really enjoyed watching him give his all and it was done well.......8

Paris...she can certainly go with a song and ride the ride...different kind of tune, strong presence...done well....... 8

I feel like with Katharine, if its not her singing, its her singing style that she is critiqued on. If its not that, then its her clothes. I could not stand country song week...ugh! Her choice then was sung well, but it was a weird sultry kind of song. This week, she stood strong. Elliott was passionate and it rang true. Paris was definitely somewhere in the red light district with that get up, but her vocals were very good, despite her image on stage...yes, slutty.

Much more enjoyable this week...
emthup.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
You know when they do the high school yearbook comments? This is my version of AI tonight!

Bucky: Most improved!

Ace: Most likely to get the boot tomorrow night!

Kellie: Most likely to have knee surgery from doing the same stripper/drop to her knees move each week!

Chris: Most likely to be a real Rockstar after winning American Idol!

Taylor: Most likely to make people smile and dance (probably badly)!

Katharine: Most likely to end up on Broadway, or replacing Catherine Zeta-Jones in Zorro 3!

Elliott: Most likely not to have to work in the fast food industry again!

Paris: Most likely to end up in the pages of US on the Fashion Police page after she becomes a star!

__________________________________________________________________________________

Note: The stylists for the contestants should be shot!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
All in all AI was pretty meh last night, IMO. Queen is too big for Idol.

Bucky. I really like Bucky''s performance. I grooved a little along with him. He was a little pitchy but I heard EVERY world he sang last night. Good job Bucky!!

MACE: You know what, I don''t think he sounded as bad as usual. He wasn''t all head voicy and nasally (until the end) and I liked that. The problem was that the performance (just like all of his performances) was incredibly uncomfortable. The head bashing and the microphone carrying around and the constantine maroulis "show" was just horrible. Don''t even get me started on the "pleather" pants. AND I felt so uncomfortable for him when he was working with Queen. I think he thought he was working with Barry Manilow again.
32.gif

Kellie: GAWD!! Everybody says it was better than they thought it would be! IT WAS STILL HORRID! The song is way too big for any of the idol contestants. The problem is that the song is not just about vocals. I think you have to really feel the song and she SO DIDN''T. I hated every minute of it. Her outfit was horrid (GAW those heels). Her makeup and hair were horrid. It just made the song the worse karaoke ever. Not believable at all!

Chris: Oddly Chris had a Dave Navarro aura about him tonight. It seemed his beard was darker and he was definetly rocking the eyeliner look. It was kinda hot in a weird way. Didn''t puffy heart the song or the performance. I think they have been singing a lot. Chris has a natural voice and he sings a lot from the wrong places, which could result in damage to his voice. You could tell that the weeks are taking their toll on his pipes. He was one of the better ones tonight.

Taylor: It was good, predictable, and I was bored silly.

Katharine: It was good, predictable, and I was bored silly. My husband watched her with me. I asked what he thought, "she''s sings good, she looks good, but i wasn''t blow away or anything." I think that sums up Katharine very well. Every week, she almost delivers.

Elliott: He did a great job on the song. I really liked it. I love everything about Elliott. It seems they are fixing his teeth b/c they appear straighter every week!

Paris: Loved the voice HATED the ACT!!!! It was like watching a 16 y/o dressed in her mom''s clothes playing in a high school play. It was like she choreographed each move and you could totally tell.

Bottom three: Mace, Paris, Katharine. (neither Paris and Katharine will be in the bottom three because of lack of talent. They are super talented but I think the others have a bigger fan base).

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Tawn - funny high school yearbook analogy - AND spot on!

I like Bucky

Ace was a nightmare. Complete mess indeed.

Kellie - I thought it was good. I think it showed versitality & a showmanship that is IDOL.

Chris - hard to get into such an obscure song.

Katherine - agreed - boring - just there - Steel Magnolias "I''d rather have 15 minutes of something wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

Elliot - love my Richmond, VA homey! Thanks for all that Voted - especially Mara who took a cupcake break! As in the past episodes, his line from hometown too busy.

Paris - I''m not quite sure what to think?

Taylor - O.K. - since when is Crazy little thing called Love considered a Queen song? Ridiculous indeed!

All in all entertaining tonight! I think most rose to the occassion as far as performance wise.

saturn

Shiny_Rock

Bucky - Alright. Not my fave, but every week he manages to exceed my expectations (for him to suck).

Ace - Ugh! The singing was okay, but watching him prance around the stage pretending to be a rocker was just too much. Go home already!

Kellie - Eeek. Hated it. I really think she blew it with this one. Her fans definitely won''t like it. Also, she needs to learn that "rocker" does not equal "ugly".

Chris - I thought it was good. Maybe he should have chosen a different song, but I liked seeing him stretch his range and really show off his skills. I was impressed.

Katherine - Meh. I guess she did a good job of sticking to her genre - it''s just that her genre puts me to sleep.

Elliot - Very very good. I think I''m finally starting to get what all the fuss is about. I really hope he manages to stick around.

Taylor - Yes, Crazy Little Thing Called Love IS a Queen song. I thought he did a great job - really made me smile. Way better than David''s cringe-inducing version.

Paris - Very Mary J. Blige-esque - hair, the makeup, the outfit, the one-leg-stamping-dance, the song. I thought it was actually pretty good. She managed not to let the song be bigger than her.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 9:48:14 AM
Author: saturn

Paris - Very Mary J. Blige-esque - hair, the makeup, the outfit, the one-leg-stamping-dance

I whole heartedly agree - good call

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Me too me too me too! Okay, so we went to the Yankees home opener yesterday (nice weather, we won! ... and by "we" I mean "the Yankees", even though I'm not a baseball fan at all. Though I am a big fan of the foot-long hot dogs, cheese fries and abundent beer sold throughout that fine stadium ... and a big fan of our new seats for this season, by a front bar thing (personal coat rack, foot rest, reason for people not to want to squeeze by you - so they go around - hurray!!!!) Yankees talk: over.

Anyway the point of that was that we listened to Queen songs all the way home, in prep for the night's IDOL. We also made a game of trying to pick who would sing what. We GOT ELLIOT'S RIGHT!!! It's the only semi-R&B sounding QUEEN song - so, really, a nobrainer I guess. All I asked was that TAYLOR not, not, not sing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", mostly 'cause that other guy already butchered it, we heard it 1000 times during Hollywood week, and it would encourage him to "dance". AIIIGHHH. TAYLOR!! Why did you change from "We Are The Champions". When we were picking we actually thought he could have KILLED with "Under Pressure". I knew they'd make one of the "top three" do Bohemian Rhapsody -- hello Ms. Picker. Faux Naive One. Really was naive to think she could shine with that - but kinda did I guess. We thought someone would do "Another One Bites The Dust" ... and "Killer Queen" and "We Are The Champions" but no dice.

Alrightie then. Rank-da-monium.

#1 - I can't even do it. I didn't really like anyone this week.

TAYLOR - why? why? so many songs -- weeping. Drunk Dad can't find the mic stand to kick. Keep kickin', Taylor. Poor guy.
CHRIS - eyeliner? screaming? PUHLEEZE. You annoyed me tonight. Get over yourself.
ELLIOT - nice tone ... big song ... his style ... eh, not even those plusses won me
KATHERINE - Stepford Queen. 100% no fun. Conceited much? You look great: "I KNOW"??
14.gif

PARIS - we thought "Lil' Kim" not Mary J. - which is where Paris should be: lock down.
KELLIE - kinda okay - at least entertaining, including said Stripper Knee-fall
BUCKY - growl = grating. Hitch it on over to Hee Haw, Blicky.
MACE - Index finger ring? Oh you ARE a Rock Star! I mean, you suck! Bye, Mace. We hardly meh ya.

20.gif
20.gif
Bottom three: MACE, KATHERINE (conceited don't play well), BUCKY (cause he was early) ... meeeebe PARIS or ELLIOT but ... I can hardly make myself care as long as its not CHRIS or TAYLOR. They're ALL gonna go sometime ...
11.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I thought Crazy Little Thing Called Love was an Elvis song? Sure does show diversity for Queen.

But, sorry Deco - Taylor perfomace was an art in spastic!
39.gif
It was painful.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 11:46:00 AM
Author: decodelighted

TAYLOR - why? why? so many songs -- weeping. Drunk Dad can''t find the mic stand to kick. Keep kickin'', Taylor. Poor guy.

LOL..I noticed the "kick and a miss" too and forgot to mention it...take one, take two...ok that was funny, sad, but funny.

I don''t really care who goes as long as it''s not Elliot, Taylor, or Chris. Everyone else is meh for me. Still hoping Mace goes though, i just don''t want to have to sit through another one of his performances.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
ANd WHY would you kick the stand during "crazy little thing called love"... too weird.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH BOY oh boy ... the DialIdol predictions are in

Any guesses? Hmmm ... here goes

Their rank (last are bottom three, very last: going home)

#1 - TAYLOR (hee hee)
#2 - KELLIE
#3 - PARIS (say wha? does America have eardrum damage?)
#4 - ELLIOTT (whew!)
#5 - KATHARAINE
#6 - CHRIS (read it &
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
, Eagle luvrs)
#7 - BUCKY
#8 - ACE
9.gif
36.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 12:42:35 PM
Author: decodelighted

#6 - CHRIS (read it &
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
, Eagle luvrs)
You''re a riot!!!!!!!
9.gif
3.gif
9.gif
36.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 12:40:57 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
ANd WHY would you kick the stand during ''crazy little thing called love''... too weird.

In retrospect ... he looked so horrified after the "kick n miss" I felt badly for him. I think it would have been a showstopping moment if he''d kicked-n-missed ... then, instead of re-kicking ... had done a whole "shadow boxing" style bar fight with the mic stand. Maybe do a "squat & snap" WestSideStory prowl around it ... "faux slap" it senseless, then throw it down, kick it a few times on the ground, and step on it to show pure Victory!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hehe i voted 5 times for Chris last nite, he better not go home!

i was a little disappointed in some of the song selections too, i thought for sure there''d be more popular songs people knew about and could really ''get behind''. obscure songs are hard to listen to IMO.

and what was up with queen not wanting anyone to change their songs around? HELLO, this is not karaoke. let''s get creative here!

i loved when simon was like ''the reason that queen never performed that song (chris''s song) live is because it''s really bad''''. Way to go simon, queen ripper!

i totally didn''t know crazy little thing was queens'' either! i thought it was elvis''s song. greg said that queen wrote it to honor elvis. i said REALLY. i still don''t know for sure...he coulda been makin'' it up??? i said i didn''t think i''d ever heard them perform it and he was like ''oh if you know the song you heard them perform it''...but I SWEAR the voice in my head singing the song is ELVIS. am i insane?

bottom three, i was thinking would be mace, bucky and katharine. i just don''t think that any of their fan bases are strong right now. hopefully i don''t eat my words!

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Mara, your DH is absolutely correct. Crazy Little Thing Called Love is most definately a Queen song. You are remembering Freddie Mercury trying to sound like Elvis. I''m showing my age but that song was on their album "The Game" that came out while I was in high school. Everybody and I mean EVERYBODY, had that album. And by album I mean VINYL album or cassette tape or even (gasp) 8 track!! My Queen album had a scratch on it and it used to skip on the song "Save Me". I bet I played that album a thousand times. "The Game" is hands down their best album IMO.

Sigh!! I feel really old

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I must have dreamt about Ace claiming that he thinks he rocked? He wasn''t as horrible as usual...but "rocked"? That "Will you go to the prom with me?" sign must have really swelled his head!

He could be so goodlooking if he wasn''t sooooo icky creepy!?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
haha tawn yeah he said ''i rocked''...well you go boy. you and katherine better not try to go through the door at the same time, your heads are swollen so large.

hehe PC...i swear that FM totally sounded like elvis then if that is what i am remembering!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you Elvis-rememberers are actually remembering the "Stray Cats"'s version of the song??? During that ghastly ROCK-A-BILLY period of the early-mid 80's??

Must google. Will return. LEMON PIE.

ETA: 1st stab at google "Crazy Little Thing Called Love on the other hand is an example of respectful derivativeness. Listeners, when first hearing this song swore it was an Elvis song they never have heard before, but as Queen's popularity grew in the early 80's, it was unmistakably Freddie Mercury.
Again, Queen struck first in this genre of retro rockabilly. The Stray Cats go platinum a full two years later with their own brand of rockabilly. Queen are pioneers, yes, but their credit due is still lacking in my mind. "

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I voted for Chris too...even with his eyeliner, he''s still my #1
9.gif

I''m hoping the bottom three are Ace (he just has got to go...plus I love his deep-looking dissapointment face every time he''s in the bottom three!. I know...a little mean, but I find it pretty funny!!), Paris (what was up with that outfit) and Bucky (nice guy....but I think his ticket might be up!)

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ace could have been so much better if he''d just chosen a ballad. "We will, we will (yawn) bore you!" Choosing a song that''s played at almost every pro sports arena on the planet was just a bad move. He''s been singing boy- band type ballads the whole competition-- why choose that particular Queen song when they have so many better songs to choose from?

What was up with Kellie''s 80''s band hairdo last night? She looked like the lead singer from Poison.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
its a thong or.. a little patch on her bald eagle?????
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Quick, someone call Barbara Edens--her genie costume has been stolen!!!
6.gif
31.gif
9.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 8:29:47 PM
Author: fortheloveofdiamonds
its a thong or.. a little patch on her bald eagle?????
31.gif
Ha ha ha, hee hee hee....peeing my pants laughing!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/12/2006 5:45:56 PM
Author: Mara
haha tawn yeah he said ''i rocked''...well you go boy. you and katherine better not try to go through the door at the same time, your heads are swollen so large.

hehe PC...i swear that FM totally sounded like elvis then if that is what i am remembering!
I can see either one of them onstage...and all of a sudden, their head get sooooo big that they just explode!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Ok...I did not need to see his sweaty arm pits
23.gif

Was he better today or am I just feeling bad for him??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saturn posted this link earlier with the history of Crazy little thing...being a Queen song..

watching AI right now..oh the torture of the waiting
40.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
spoiler/spoiler/spoiler/ alert...

woo hoo...i hate it when my boy is in the bottom 3..so glad Elliot is staying, sorta sad I have to sit through yet another week of Mace, bucky left..my fantasy idol is screwed
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results