shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ melee quality as of recent

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

Has anyone purchased with IDJ recently? I am currently inquiring on a wedding band with Pricescope Quality diamonds, but they are currently not providing the usual full layouts of their H&A super-ideal quality melee.

The only option available right now is their “excellent” cut melee, of which they will make sure all stones are 100% eye-clean and matching in measurements & specs, and should provide “amazing light performance” confirmed by Ideal-Scope.

If you’ve opted for the compromise mentioned above, what was your experience. Are the stones comparable or lacking in comparison to the original Pricescope Quality melee?

Would love to hear your experiences. Thanks in advance.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never knew their Priescope quality was Super Ideal H&A melee. I asked for Pricescope quality several years back (1.4 ctw 7 stone) and
I can assure you they were not all Super Ideal H&A melee.:(2 (see avatar)

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Never knew their Priescope quality was Super Ideal H&A melee. I asked for Pricescope quality several years back (1.4 ctw 7 stone) and
I can assure you they were not all Super Ideal H&A melee.:(2 (see avatar)
From what they said, I don’t think they were ordering super-ideal melee but rather hand selecting stones that had those level of optics and performance.

So did you end up getting f color SI1 clarity, some Super-Ideal and some Excellent - if so, what are your impressions. Is it at least beautiful to the eyes?

I’m sure those on this forum, including myself, desire high performing high cut quality stones, which is why “Pricescope Quality” and what at least was a lower price point, when compared to super-ideal vendors, was an appeal with IDJ. However, if they’ve gone away with “Pricescope Quality,” now the dilemma for me is whether I would be willing to compromise at the current price point. I was quoted $3,450 for a 3/4 eternity “excellent” f color SI1 at 1.95 ctw., and to go VS clarity is an extra $800 which would amount to $4,250 (note 1.6 ctw. “Super-ideal” ACA F/G color, VS clarity through Whiteflash is $4,750).

Yekutiel Did reassure me that he would personally review everything and that I would love the end result - he and the team knows I am looking for the the best stones so it comes down to a matter of whether it will meet the standards everyone here, including myself, desires. Sounds from past posts, Yekutiel delivers (but again that was when “Pricescope Quality” was offered). I’m sure he’ll do his best as he’s always done, but as a consumer of course the end result also matters.

Should I be a Guinea Pig? IDJ did reassure me all stones would be 100% eye-clean and matching in measurements & specs, and should provide “amazing light performance” confirmed by Ideal-Scope? What do you think considering the current price point?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kya

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
From what they said, I don’t think they were ordering super-ideal melee but rather hand selecting stones that had those level of optics and performance.

So did you end up getting their “excellent” f color SI1 clarity - if so, what are your impressions. Did it meet your expectations and satisfaction?

I’m sure those on this forum, including myself, desire high performing high cut quality stones, which is why “Pricescope Quality” and the associated lower price point, when compared to super-ideal vendors, was an appeal with IDJ. However, if they’ve gone away with it, now the dilemma for me is whether I would be willing to compromise. I was quoted $3,450 for a 3/4 eternity “excellent” f color SI1 at 1.95 ctw. and to go VS clarity is an extra $800.

Yekutiel Did reassure me that he would personally review everything and that I would love the end result - he and the team knows I am looking for the the best stones so it comes down to a matter of whether it will meet the standards everyone desires here. Sounds form everyone else, Yekutiel delivers but not at that time “Pricescope Quality” was offered.

Should I be a Guinea Pig and simply review the end result so others know what we can expect moving forward - they did reassure me all stones would be 100% eye-clean and matching in measurements & specs, and should provide “amazing light performance” confirmed by Ideal-Scope? What do you think about the price point quoted?

I think you need to understand your wants more clearly. Would you be satisfied with any of the excellent, SI, F stones on James Allen/blue Nile or are you hoping to get close to H&A without the pricetag of H&A?

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I think you need to understand your wants more clearly. Would you be satisfied with any of the excellent, SI, F stones on James Allen/blue Nile or are you hoping to get close to H&A without the pricetag of H&A?

Molecule were talking about melee for rings not the center stone. Also the comparison was to Whiteflash’s offering for comparable 3/4 eternity wedding band. Not sure if I misunderstood your response.

I am willing to sacrifice perfection to obtain quality at a great price, which is why I probably did not jump on the Whiteflash offering yet. When I refer to perfection, I’m referring to the melee quality and not the craftsmanship of the venders respective pieces. So, it seems I choose close to H&A without the pricetag of H&A.

To sum up my post, the question was whether anyone has recently purchased jewelry from IDJ as “Pricescope Quality” (which refers to the melee) is no longer available, at this time, so I can gauge whether it was still to people’s liking and expectations.

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

So did you end up getting f color SI1 clarity, some Super-Ideal and some Excellent - if so, what are your impressions. Is it at least beautiful to the eyes?

I’m sure those on this forum, including myself, desire high performing high cut quality stones, which is why “Pricescope Quality” and what at least was a lower price point, when compared to super-ideal vendors, was an appeal with IDJ. However, if they’ve gone away with “Pricescope Quality,” now the dilemma for me is whether I would be willing to compromise at the current price point. I was quoted $3,450 for a 3/4 eternity “excellent” f color SI1 at 1.95 ctw., and to go VS clarity is an extra $800 which would amount to $4,250 (note 1.6 ctw. “Super-ideal” ACA F/G color, VS clarity through Whiteflash is $4,750).

Yekutiel Did reassure me that he would personally review everything and that I would love the end result - he and the team knows I am looking for the the best stones so it comes down to a matter of whether it will meet the standards everyone here, including myself, desires. Sounds from past posts, Yekutiel delivers (but again that was when “Pricescope Quality” was offered). I’m sure he’ll do his best as he’s always done, but as a consumer of course the end result also matters.

Should I be a Guinea Pig? IDJ did reassure me all stones would be 100% eye-clean and matching in measurements & specs, and should provide “amazing light performance” confirmed by Ideal-Scope? What do you think considering the current price point?

Did they say why they are not providing “Pricescope Quality” anymore? I’m disappointed to hear it and I don’t quite understand the rationale.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Did they say why they are not providing “Pricescope Quality” anymore? I’m disappointed to hear it and I don’t quite understand the rationale.

IDJ said it’s because of the current situation in the diamond market. It is indeed unfortunate but hope someone can chime in to give their opinion as to their experience with IDJ’s current offering and whether the melee was nonetheless beautiful.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sure the IDJ band would be beautiful - it just all depends on how picky you would be about the diamonds and your budget. Fail proof is WF but you pay for that peace of mind. Have you gotten your ering yet? Can’t remember the color of that diamond - can you refresh our memory?

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I am sure the IDJ band would be beautiful - it just all depends on how picky you would be about the diamonds and your budget. Fail proof is WF but you pay for that peace of mind. Have you gotten your ering yet? Can’t remember the color of that diamond - can you refresh our memory?

MissGotRocks, yes I did and the fiancée loves it :) (it actually came in yesterday). It’s an H color but barely can see any warmth, so it should be fine coupled with F color melee in the potential wedding band.

I agree WF would be fail proof and peace of mind, but sometimes I like the thrill lol. All jokes aside, I’ll have to think about IDJ considering no one has commented on their recent offering.

Last edited:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks, yes I did and the fiancée loves it :) (it actually came in yesterday). It’s an H color but barely can see any warmth, so it should be fine coupled with F color melee in the potential wedding band.

I agree WF would be fail proof and peace of mind, but sometimes I like the thrill lol. All jokes aside, I’ll have to think about IDJ considering no one has commented on their recent offering.

I don’t recall seeing anyone post anything from IDJ lately. Theirs would probably be fine - will they offer a free return if you don’t love it? So many of us don’t wear our original wedding bands for one reason or another. If I had it to do over today with so many options, I would buy the quality I wanted with the hope that it would be my forever wedding band. I would also consider having a plain band at the ceremony too so I could have it for when I wanted something more low key.
Glad the ering arrived and it is good! Any pictures or have you not received it yet?

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I don’t recall seeing anyone post anything from IDJ lately. Theirs would probably be fine - will they offer a free return if you don’t love it? So many of us don’t wear our original wedding bands for one reason or another. If I had it to do over today with so many options, I would buy the quality I wanted with the hope that it would be my forever wedding band. I would also consider having a plain band at the ceremony too so I could have it for when I wanted something more low key.
Glad the ering arrived and it is good! Any pictures or have you not received it yet?

I agree, I’m going into this wedding band purchase as though it will be the fiancée’s forever ring, which is why I’m once again hard at work searching for the right vendor. Maybe I can be the first case study for IDJ’s new offering to give insight to everyone who may consider IDJ in the future.

If I go with IDJ, returns will not be possible. They said it would be a custom piece because of the “3/4 way” request of the eternity wedding band.

I’ll post pictures of ERing in the other thread soon. Exciting and can’t wait to share our collaborative hard work. Btw, thanks for chiming in to that other post. Always appreciated.

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, I’m going into this wedding band purchase as though it will be the fiancée’s forever ring, which is why I’m once again hard at work searching for the right vendor. Maybe I can be the first case study for IDJ’s new offering to give insight to everyone who may consider IDJ in the future.

If I go with IDJ, returns will not be possible. They said it would be a custom piece because of the “3/4 way” request of the eternity wedding band.

I’ll post pictures of ERing in the other thread soon. Exciting and can’t wait to share our collaborative hard work. Btw, thanks for chiming in to that other post. Always appreciated.

Oh gosh. I only have experience with their previous PS quality melee. For a forever wedding band, I’d vote for WF ACAs at about $1,000 more. I wouldn’t be willing to do non-refundable for this.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I get where you are coming from with the test case but not sure I would want to be that for the forever wedding band. Keep thinking and hopefully others will chime in!
Can’t wait to see your new ring! Excited for you!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you pay for them to ship you the melee unset?

If you have a costco membership you could order this to compare

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
If this were a milestone ring (special birthday, marking an event), then I would be willing to be a case study.

But in the grand scheme of a forever wedding band and mind-cleanliness, I'm not sure if the $1000 savings is worth it.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Oh gosh. I only have experience with their previous PS quality melee. For a forever wedding band, I’d vote for WF ACAs at about $1,000 more. I wouldn’t be willing to do non-refundable for this.

The “no refund” on this piece would definitely be one of the several concerns. It’s actually only $500 more for WF, if we’re matching the WF standard VS clarity and assuming that level of clarity is even necessary at these small sizes. In all fairness, IDJ would be providing 0.35 more carats over the WF piece.

Last edited:

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Why don't you pay for them to ship you the melee unset?

If you have a costco membership you could order this to compare

I assume shipment for a single melee would be cheap. Pop it into an envelope and send lol. Is Costco melee considered ideal/excellent quality - never seen one of their pieces before.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I've posted this before. Here is one of the side stones down by my fingers.

What pointers are we talking here? It was not a problem with the color/clarity...it is a cut problem with mine. The middle stone is
cut nicely but somewhat decline in cut as they go around (IMO). Its still a nice ring (especially for someone who does not
scrutinize the stones like we do on PS).
IMG_20230615_124036587.jpg

If Yekutiel is guaranteeing it then maybe its ok. What does the head of your engagement ring look like? Are you sure the eternity
is going to be low enough to sit nicely with your ering? Did IDJ do your ering?

Edit...Hi @PintoBean !

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
The “no refund” on this piece would definitely be one of the several concerns. It’s actually only $500 more for WF, if we’re matching the WF standard VS clarity and assuming that level of clarity is even necessary at these small sizes. In all fairness, IDJ would be providing 0.35 more carats over the WF piece.

I would for sure be comfortable with SI if they are eye clean, even more so at a melee size.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yekutiel and the IDJ family are true professionals. I have bought many pieces and have recommended many people and everyone is thrilled. They stand by their product. Rest assure he / they will do right by you.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I know I've posted this before. Here is one of the side stones down by my fingers.

What pointers are we talking here? It was not a problem with the color/clarity...it is a cut problem with mine. The middle stone is
cut nicely but somewhat decline in cut as they go around (IMO). Its still a nice ring (especially for someone who does not
scrutinize the stones like we do on PS).
IMG_20230615_124036587.jpg

If Yekutiel is guaranteeing it then maybe its ok. What does the head of your engagement ring look like? Are you sure the eternity
is going to be low enough to sit nicely with your ering? Did IDJ do your ering?

Edit...Hi @PintoBean !

I’m looking at 15 pointers, and IDJ did not make the ERing. Whether it’ll sit low to not touch the ERing’s prongs are doubtful but we’ll see if we proceed lol.

Hmmm… so if that is with “Pricescope Quality,” I wonder what the current offering looks like. I may have to call and get further clarification, probably look to speak with Yekutiel.

Does anyone know the tiers of melee? Is there an “ideal,” or is “ideal” and “excellent” cut interchangeable. I know there is “super-ideal” which sits at the top but what’s below that?

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I would for sure be comfortable with SI if they are eye clean, even more so at a melee size.

I agree. I don’t mind SI1 if it’s eye-clean. Would need to be careful with potential issues affecting the melees integrity at those grade levels?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to chime in to point out that IIRC WF isn’t using ACAs in their melee either anymore. Likely for the same reasons that IDJ isn’t offering “pricescope quality” anymore. Maybe check the specs/quality of the WF offered stones in than size before assuming there is a difference in quality between the two?

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
Yekutiel and the IDJ family are true professionals. I have bought many pieces and have recommended many people and everyone is thrilled. They stand by their product. Rest assure he / they will do right by you.

I’m sure they will do their best per others here. Have you had experience with their current offering? I was hoping someone had insight/experience with the current offering since IDJ is not currently offering “Pricescope Quality.” Overall, I’m sure they’ll do their best.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I just want to chime in to point out that IIRC WF isn’t using ACAs in their melee either anymore. Likely for the same reasons that IDJ isn’t offering “pricescope quality” anymore. Maybe check the specs/quality of the WF offered stones in than size before assuming there is a difference in quality between the two?

Hi Dreamer_D, WF is still using their ACA melee limited to engagement and wedding rings. The 3/4 eternity wedding ring still reflects that description and I believe I saw a post regarding the same previously - maybe by Texas Leaguer. It’s not offered in pieces such as tennis bracelets, etc, if memory serves me correct.

Last edited:

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I don’t mind SI1 if it’s eye-clean. Would need to be careful with potential issues affecting the melees integrity at those grade levels?

I think you were asking if you would need to be worried about flaws that affect the physical integrity of the stone? I would not be worried about that with IDJ as a vendor.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I think you were asking if you would need to be worried about flaws that affect the physical integrity of the stone? I would not be worried about that with IDJ as a vendor.

That’s good to hear. Just brought it up because, while looking for discussions regarding melee, I stumbled on Kim N’s post back in 2023 regarding, in part, visible damage to diamond melee. Anyway, thanks mayalNaU.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
Is Costco melee considered ideal/excellent quality - never seen one of their pieces before.
I ordered this in 2 sizes from Costco before

Diamonds on both rings were well cut. Obviously not super ideal H&A level, but arrows were visible on all of them with minimal leakage under an ASET scope. Ultimately decided to go for super ideals, and it was an easy return to Costco.

nichoesq

Rough_Rock
I ordered this in 2 sizes from Costco before

Diamonds on both rings were well cut. Obviously not super ideal H&A level, but arrows were visible on all of them with minimal leakage under an ASET scope. Ultimately decided to go for super ideals, and it was an easy return to Costco.

I guess Costco is well known for their amazing return policy - that’s reassuring thanks. Did you see a real life difference between the Costco melee and the super-ideals?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results