shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ "makeover" - from antique/vintage to modern u-prong!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello PS :wavey:

a little background....purchased preloved ring from a PSer - Laila69 - hope you see this! and the ring just didn't fit the way I wanted, a little too tight, a little too much metal and I thought the diamonds were a little hidden, so to speak.

so two visits to ID Jewelry and speaking to Yekuteil, Shulamit, Joey and today, Jade - I asked them to make me a totally new settting. I had been pining for a u-prong, so I went for it! they are really great!! I believe Israel, the Father, made my ring. Saw him today, such a nice person!!

this is just to wear on my right hand for now, and I do like the way it looks with my E-ring, a good pointer size....

9 stone, 7 pointers, .65ct, WG, F/G SI "Pricescope" quality stones.
bright and sparkly!

***currently harboring a fantasy about the Tiffany & Co. shared setting .56, 7 stone wedding band. I really, really wamted a Tiffany classic solitaire for my engagement ring, but of course when I looked at what I would get for the money, I had to walk away....sadly!
So DF said I can get the wedding band, and tried it on, drank the Tiffany Kool-Aid, and fell totally in love!!! :love:
I love the profile against my ring (will post pics) and it is really low-set as everyone knows....just gorgeous... :lickout:

DiamondSeeker - if you see this, I also tried on the Legacy, which is GORGEOUS, as you know being a lucky owner :mrgreen: and it looks really nice against my ring and a strong contender - If i could, I would get both!! hahaha.....I will post some pics....but it is a little dainty for my hands.....(my hands used to be so nice, I am getting a complex!!) :shock:

so I have time to mull all that over and change my mind a few times.....so I have a pretty little ring to wear on my right hand for now :D

i def need a spacer with this size....they didn't think so, but the way my Tacori tilts and moves on the finger, I KNOW it will get damaged.....so suggestions, if there are any spacers that aren't just standard 1mm...for the future....

I had a 2mm to try on, but it really changed the look and I didn't care for it...will a 1mm be enough for protection?

pics on the way... :appl:

_36843.jpg

_36844.jpg

_36845.jpg

_36846.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
and..

_36847.jpg

_36848.jpg

_36849.jpg

_36850.jpg

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic transformation! :)

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
all three for fun :clap:

thanks for looking!

_36851.jpg

_36852.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So I hope to get the Tiffany as my wedding ring - DF also picked a Tiffany ring!! I think I am rubbing off on him!! the ring was so heavy!!!

here is his - 6mm

_36853.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy cow, how cool is that!! It looks amazing. Those diamonds sparkle even more now! What a great idea! Kudos to Yekutiel and the team too. :clap:

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Laila!! :dance:

Just picked it up today :Up_to_something:

Everyone is always changing their settings, I figured I would give it a go :naughty:

Didn't think you would mind, since you already parted with it...Yekuteil recognized the ring right away :geek:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obviously you already had the diamonds; approx how much was your new setting? I may do a redo too!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello.. I love what you have done.. I think the uprong looks wonderful with your set.. great idea!

:love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love, love, love the u-prong. It turned out lovely!

(Full disclosure...I have an IDJ uprong 7 stone :lickout: )

Q

Queenie60

It looks great! Nice redo. Once again Yekutiel and IDJ got the job done! Can't say enough good about them. Enjoy your beautiful new ring. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinderella|1458955261|4011161 said:
Thanks Laila!! :dance:

Just picked it up today :Up_to_something:

Everyone is always changing their settings, I figured I would give it a go :naughty:

Didn't think you would mind, since you already parted with it...Yekuteil recognized the ring right away :geek:

Haha, I'm not surprised, I drove him crazy with that ring!

I'm so glad you did this, because you turned it into something you really love!! :love: The diamonds sparkle so much more in the U prong. I like your DF's new Tiff band too, so classy!

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi Motown - it was VERY reasonable. I don't know want to give numbers because I am sure it is case-by-case, depending on ring styles, etc. But it was not bad at all and I didn't want it to sit in my jewelry box....

We didn't order the Tiffany ring(s) yet....I am leaning towards the Legacy, and I can always stack them....but i LOVE The Tiffany shared setting....and i WANT it in the worst way!!

So we shall see......

Thanks everyone :appl: I have some new sparklies to look at - and that is always a good thing!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks really beautiful - so glad you were able to repurpose the stones in such a classic ring!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cinderella, this is a beautiful transformation! The previous setting was lovely, vintage looking & very detailed. More stand alone. The new setting, to me personally, is better. I like clean straight lines etc. I think this is a fantastic change & suits your engagement ring & hand perfectly :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that really turned out great!!! :appl: I like the new setting!

I love the Legacy with the 2620 (which I think your e-ring is)!!! I have tried those on together and think that is a perfect combination!!! I also love the .56 shared setting band, BUT I like that the most with a Tiffany knife edge solitaire e-ring. In fact, once upon a time I had a 7 stone Memoire band to wear with my solitaire, but I sold it because I loved the Legacy the most even with my Tiffany repro e-ring.

I think it is nice to have an extra band, though, for times you don't want to wear the wedding set. So you could use the IDJ band for that!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful, looks great, so pretty on your hand and with you other rings! Thank you for sharing, enjoy!! :love: :appl: :wavey:

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
DiamondSeeker, ever since you planted the Legacy seed, it has been growing and growing!! I absolutely LOVE the Tiffany shared setting, but the whole spacer thing is ruining the look to me.....And I feel like my Tacori kind of tilts while wearing it, so I think I would need at least a 1.5mm spacer. i had a 2mm that I also ordered and returned to "try on" and it just didn't look that good against another "try-on" ring (the Annette 3/4, 10 pts - way too big and high) that I got from WF - just to see if it was "workable" and just wearing it for a few hours trying to decide if I was "forcing" the look - scratched the basket of my Tacori! And so now I am really re-thinking the whole thing! :read:

This IDJ band wasn't really meant to be a "wedding" ring (totally holding out for the Tiffany - whichever one!) but of course tried it on with my e-ring....and the 7 pts are a nice size....

the Legacy is really winning the race for me! I just worry that it is too petite for me....bit I have time....but one thing for sure, my Tacori ring is super comfy and the thinner bands def are an advantage when it is hot and humid out!

And I have seen your Memoire band with your ring and I really like the Legacy better. And frankly, your enthusiasm for that ring is contagious!! :Up_to_something: and you have nice hands, so the daintiness of the ring looks great on you. :appl:

And the larger Legacy didn't work either....too wide...but very pretty!!

Any opinion on channel Tiffany bands, sparkle factor, etc.? I really just looked at the two styles....but I want to look at them all before I decide!! luckily the store is about 15 minutes from me!

Thank you everyone! I am enjoying this little ring on my right hand, that's for sure! And it is a great way to decide if a ring like this will have the "spinning" factor or not.....and it isn't that bad....so far!

The Pricescoper dilemmas! Too many beautiful rings - I realize that is a big problem!! I think we all like a few different styles and admire so many that we yen to change our settings - I totally think I will be "one of them" at some point in my life!! (Vatche U113 is calling my name!!) LOL!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, gosh, I hear you 100%!!! Truly I am always torn between antique style settings and classics like Tiffany! One reason I fear resetting my AVR is that I do love the Vatche U113 and am afraid I would miss it if I changed to an antique style setting that would probably better suit the diamond! But at least I have the touch of milgrain on the Legacy band to give me just a little antique style!

One think you can do if you do get the Legacy band is to get a third thin band to wear in the middle. Two that come to mind are Victor Canera's beautiful engraved band (Caysie van Bebber/LAD has one, too), and maybe a round bezel band.

http://www.beverleyk.com/bands/stackable/r129-d-d.html

_1060.png

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous and I wouldn't touch it!!

Thank you for link, I will look at them....

I originally wanted the classic Tiffany ring in the worst way....however, when I went there and looked at the prices of their solitaires, I had no choice.....then my hunt began.....although We spent WAY too much on my Tacori setting (sometimes wonder if I could have just gotten Tiffany by the time all was said and done...but would have been closer to a carat, and at least mine is a 1.44) I didn't even know about the Vatche and I always get upset that I rushed my decision and ring search - I think I waited so long for the "go-ahead" from my BF - that I ran with it because I didn't want some other gigantic expense to get in my way! (It is always something!) hahaha

HINDSIGHT, right? And in the midst of it all, I came upon PS, but it was already too late to change... :wall: so I am always a little bummed and mad because it was all my fault! he did ask me "want to go back to Tiffany"? "No, I can get more diamond for my $$" and that was that.....and I LOVE my ring, but it is a PIA to clean!!! i can never get the pavilion and it drives me nuts!! And trust me, I have poured through every thread and I have tried it all! I soak it every night in the Tiffany cleaner - I really like it the best - and use the brush, and blow dry it!! (Stop laughing at me now!!) :D

So if it still bothers me down the road, I am gonna seriously consider upgrading!

These are what I call "fun problems!" (Sorta!) there are much worse things in life, as we all know, but this is a nice alternative to the real stuff!

Anyway - Happy Easter to all who celebrate!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THX for your response, Cinderella

sue011312

Rough_Rock
WOW! it's very pretty - very classic too. I have a ring sitting in my box that is screaming for makeover like this one. I'll have to ID.

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks - and yes, i didn't want it to just sit in my jewelry box either...good luck with your makeover if you should decide to go that route...... :dance:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous transformation! I loved the ring before, and I love the new ring, too. It looks fabulous with your set!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It looks great with your e-ring and the other bands that you have photographed. Enjoy! :wavey:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was a great choice for a diamond face lift. It's a classic! Enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results