shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ - DBTY Milgrain Pendant!!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello hello! 2016 has started off with a blingy blast! I'd like to introduce you to my brand spanking new IDJ DBTY MILGRAIN PENDANT! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

But first, the nail biting journey :shock:
I had two plans of actions:
1. Locate a diamond and have BGD milgrain bezel it; or
2. Have IDJ source the diamond and milgrain bezel it.

I thought I had located a candidate through B2C. I ran it by a lovely PSer who thought it would be a good candidate for a pendant. BUT... when I found images of the diamond on James Allen, it looked very "pee-inkle" (pee pee twinkly diamond). :errrr: Also, BGD was not comfortable with having the diamond sent directly to them because it was an overseas diamond, without my looking at it first. The hassle of receiving the diamond, then re-wrapping it and sending it to BGD kinda started turning me off to this option...

In the meantime, ID Jewelry got back to me with a candidate diamond. Low HCA (<2), eye clean, white inclusion (feather), faces up white. I excitedly paid for the pendant, and went on vacation. While I was on vacation, my mom called to tell me that IDJ was trying to reach me, and that she gave Yekutiel my cell. Not too long after, Yekutiel called to tell me that when he was getting ready to send the diamond off to the bench, he did a QC check, went to his father for a second expert opinion, and told me that he could not in good conscience give me this diamond. The feather is too close to the surface, and if I were to remove the diamond from the bezel in the future, it could shatter! He found me another diamond, and, even though this diamond is $200 more, he wasn't going to charge me the difference, and he was going to eat the cost. Since I am good with AGS K's, he was sure I would be happy with this GIA K he found me. He said that it faces up white, and the unique aspect of the diamond's body color is that it's yellow-GRAY! woot! Here is my new bauble's birth certificate:

GIA report number: 2196180329
Measurements: 5.79 - 5.81 x 3.47 mm
Carat Weight: 0.72 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade/Polish/Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity characteristics: Twinning Wisps

Q

Queenie60

Is the pendant made yet? Can't wait to see. :love: Once again, IDJ comes through - just love working with them! Look forward to seeing the pendant.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pictures galore! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:
:boohoo: :whistle: "...Black velvet and that little boy's smile; Black velvet with that slow southern style; A new religion that'll bring ya to your knees; Black velvet if you please..."
image_430.jpg image_431.jpg image_432.jpg image_433.jpg image_434.jpg image_460.jpg image_463.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Against a white window sill:
img_2533.jpg img_2534_0.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neck shots layered with my 1.4 ctw DBTY consisting of 7-20 pointers - F/G VS melee (for comparison)
img_2537.jpg img_2539.jpg img_2541_0.jpg img_2543.jpg img_2545.jpg img_2546.jpg img_2547.jpg img_2548.jpg img_2549_0.jpg img_2550.jpg

Q

Queenie60

It's beautiful! Enjoy in good health :love: IDJ always comes through with great jewels. Thank you for sharing.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1456083003|3993737 said:
It's beautiful! Enjoy in good health :love: IDJ always comes through with great jewels. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Queenie60!

Oh boy...The macro shots are making me :lol: , because I found myself thinking, man, if I had a diamond THAT big, I'd be licking the table all the time! :errrr: :naughty: :lol: (I guess I had one too many ring pops back in the day!)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, Pinto! It's flipping BEAUTIFUL!! And I :love: :love: It stacked with the DBTY.... Dreamy.......

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's gorgeous, it looks wonderful on you, it's perfect.. I love it! congratulations!!

:love: :love: :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alex T|1456085600|3993749 said:
Gah, Pinto! It's flipping BEAUTIFUL!! And I :love: :love: It stacked with the DBTY.... Dreamy.......
Thank you Alex T!

I've been wearing the two for a few hours now, and it does get slightly tangled. I really wanted to stack three, but I think two is good enough.

Speaking of flipping, it DOESNT :shock: flip! So far it's crept a smidge to the left or right of center, that's it!

Tekate said:
it's gorgeous, it looks wonderful on you, it's perfect.. I love it! congratulations!!

:love: :love: :love:
Thank you Tekate!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks fantastic on you, congrats!!!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning PintoBean!!! :love: :love: :love: Wear it in good health!!! :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1456096187|3993778 said:
It looks fantastic on you, congrats!!!
acano117 said:
Absolutely stunning PintoBean!!! :love: :love: :love: Wear it in good health!!! :wavey:
Thank you arkieb1 and acano117! :wavey: :wavey:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks great layered with your DBTY!! I love it--great choices! :appl: :appl:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Pinto, I loved reading about your pendant journey! ID Jewelry really does seem to go the extra mile. :clap: Your pendant is fabulous! It faces up really pretty and is such a sparkler! :appl: (The sparkles drew me right in! I might have had a ring pop or two in my day! :naughty:)
I really like all the photos. I adore your new pendant layered with your dbty necklace! Congrats! :wavey:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's lovely on your neck. :appl:

Downsy

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! ID jewelry is great to work with!

Yekutiel recently helped My daughter's future fiancé and myself find the right diamond and setting for her engagement ring. My daughter wanted size and color over excellent cut, and Yekutiel found an awesome GIA diamond that had a low HCA, eye clean SI2, and had the size and color my daughter wanted. It was the right choice for her!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, I love the milgrain too!! A bezel pendant is a classic piece and you'll get lots of wear out of it. Looks fabulous on you too!! :bigsmile: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love it with your DBTY! :love:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very, very pretty, and it looks so big too! Loving the layered look :dance:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks fantastic, IDJ is the best.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous on your neck Pintobean. :love: Just beautiful!

PieNecessity

Rough_Rock
That pendant is utterly gorgeous and I just love how you've layered it! Just wow.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous Pinto & I love it layered with your DBTY. Great size diamond for a pendant!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind words sarahb, rockinruby, thecat, downsy, JDDN, diamondseeker2006, snowdrop13, lknvrb4, missy, pienecessity and woofmama! What a way to start the week with such compliments! :dance: :love: :wavey:

I really love the milgrain, too! I decided to take a look at Tiffany's prices, and ermagherd... :nono: :errrr: :confused: !

IDJ sent me an e-mail with a link to their instagram this AM! My DBTY is an instagram star :cheeky:! Their glamour shot is awesome!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFm5MZudXn/?taken-at=656307591

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is really pretty and it looks very substantial and delicate at the same time. It really suits you :appl:

I have always wondered about getting a necklace like this - wit the diamond being fixed into the chain does the diamond stay in the centre on your neck or does it move round?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! It looks HUGE on you. I would have said 2 carats easily from the photos!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Purty! It does look huge on you...much bigger than I would expect a 7ish stone to look. Do you have a picture of the gallery?
I'd love to see a picture. I have a 6.3mm stone that needs to be set. Not sure what to do with...ring, pendant, ring, pendant...
I may have to flip a coin! :cheeky:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondhoarder|1456155874|3993981 said:
That is really pretty and it looks very substantial and delicate at the same time. It really suits you :appl:

I have always wondered about getting a necklace like this - wit the diamond being fixed into the chain does the diamond stay in the centre on your neck or does it move round?
Thank you diamondhoarder!!! :wavey: I :love: your username! How apropos for this forum :appl:
When I wore the bezel pendant yesterday, I found that it only shifted a little to the left or right of center. Nothing drastic. I specifically wanted the pendant to be fixed because when I've worn pendants in the past (on a bail), I used to end up with the clasp in the front by the end of the day. I figured gravity would keep the diamond towards the front, and the clasp towards the back with the fixed bezel.

I was also amazed that it didn't seem to flip at all! I think that is due to the placement of the "mickey mouse ears", and the size of the ears. Compare the blue nile mickey mouse ears, which sit lower than IDJ's/more towards the sides of Mickey's face, and appear thicker, to IDJ's ears, which are smaller and sit closer to the top of mickey's head.
http://www.bluenile.com/build-your-own-diamond-pendant/bezel-solitiare-14k-white-gold-pendant_20491
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCFm5MZudXn/?taken-at=656307591

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1456157470|3993990 said:
Beautiful! It looks HUGE on you. I would have said 2 carats easily from the photos!
thank you so much luv2sparkle! I HAVE to HAVE to lose weight for health reasons. Talk about an incentive to lose weight now - :dance: making the pendant look like it's 3 carats without spending $$$ :lickout: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results