shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ Custom Dbl Halo Earrings

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@QueenFVS - I am so sorry that you are disappointed with the earrings. I am not experienced in looking at CADs so I can't really tell what I'm looking at. I have thought about doing a custom ring but I don't know if I have the patience or the heart for a custom project.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
The pics posted are of the finished item. Don’t lose heart because of my scenario...I chose the wrong vendor to develop this piece...

Q

Queenie60

The pics posted are of the finished item. Don’t lose heart because of my scenario...I chose the wrong vendor to develop this piece...
I'm sorry that the expert vendor did not point these details out to you initially. You should have been cautioned as to how the pave would look - due to your dissatisfaction, would he consider taking them back? I understand that it's a loss to the jeweler however, the quality just isn't there and you're not satisfied. Your situation has cautioned me as to which vendor to use moving forward for special projects.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Regarding expertise, many PSers have indicated that IDJ has an opportunity to improve on craftsmanship. Others refer to them as “value” or “bling on a budget“. This piece isn’t in that realm - I love design, finishes, metal treatments etc. That requires a partnership with a firm who services bespoke clients only. Definitely have a mix of jewelers so you know who to utilize for what.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@QueenFVS, Sorry if I was unclear. I meant that I can't really interpret the wax molds to compare to the finished product.

It is not just your project that makes me think that custom made by not be the best for me. I have seen many posts here about custom work and it just seems like it would be quicker and easier to find something pre-made. I have seen many custom projects here that came out beautifully. If I do end up going custom I will definitely be asking for lots of help!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Ahhh — clear now!! We your fellow PSers will be glad to help when that times comes for your custom piece!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My only qualm about the sapphire part is that it will limit what you can wear them with far more than if you stay with all diamonds. When the inner halo is diamonds, it makes the center diamond look larger. So even if I wanted sapphire earrings, I might do the outer halo in sapphires instead of inner. But it will be pretty either way or all diamonds!

I'm so sorry you had a less than satisfactory outcome, but I have been around here a long time and know who I'd trust to make a piece of fine jewelry. What some people call "PS quality" around here does not mean top quality.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
How disappointing to spend all that money and wait all that time only to have them turn out less than acceptable. I really hope you knock it out of the park next go round.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry that the outcome here wasn't what you were hoping for. Just for my own knowledge/PS education, what happens in a case like this? Are you able to get any $ back, or is there any provision for what happens in the case that the customer isn't happy with a custom and expensive piece?

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks DS2006...still debating on how I will execute the final piece. The center stone is a quarter carat each - the sapphires helps to distinguish the halos.
It’s so true, not all PS quality claims are equal in outcome. Now I know...
#expensivelesson
My only qualm about the sapphire part is that it will limit what you can wear them with far more than if you stay with all diamonds. When the inner halo is diamonds, it makes the center diamond look larger. So even if I wanted sapphire earrings, I might do the outer halo in sapphires instead of inner. But it will be pretty either way or all diamonds!

I'm so sorry you had a less than satisfactory outcome, but I have been around here a long time and know who I'd trust to make a piece of fine jewelry. What some people call "PS quality" around here does not mean top quality.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Thanks Ellen, I feel confident that it will. Selecting from a few firms that only do Bespoke Vintage Hierloom pieces. Fingers crossed I chose right this time.
How disappointing to spend all that money and wait all that time only to have them turn out less than acceptable. I really hope you knock it out of the park next go round.

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Hi Lovedogs,
IDJ will generally offer to fix the piece to “make it right”. No one from IDJ has followed up with me on this matter. In fact, I was “politely dismissed” from the office by a senior staff member. I take it as a loss and I’m moving on. They did their best, really. Vintage,Hierloom,ArtDeco pieces require craftsmanship and attention to detail. It’s just not what they do.
I'm so sorry that the outcome here wasn't what you were hoping for. Just for my own knowledge/PS education, what happens in a case like this? Are you able to get any $ back, or is there any provision for what happens in the case that the customer isn't happy with a custom and expensive piece?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Ellen, I feel confident that it will. Selecting from a few firms that only do Bespoke Vintage Hierloom pieces. Fingers crossed I chose right this time.

What vendors are you considering for the redo?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
*crossing toes too* Can't hurt, right?! :bigsmile:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lovedogs,
IDJ will generally offer to fix the piece to “make it right”. No one from IDJ has followed up with me on this matter. In fact, I was “politely dismissed” from the office by a senior staff member. I take it as a loss and I’m moving on. They did their best, really. Vintage,Hierloom,ArtDeco pieces require craftsmanship and attention to detail. It’s just not what they do.

I'm sorry to hear that:(I hope your remakes are all you wanted this time around!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Hi Yssie!
Pleasure to e-meet you - - not disclosing the vendors until my final decision or maybe even the final piece is completed :shhh::pray:
What vendors are you considering for the redo?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...and so the piece is done...got it yesterday...there is still much to be desired in terms of the look and feel of the piece as well as the craftsmanship. I must thank Yekutiel for his level of customer service. Unfortunately members of the team (including one senior level staff) were unkind and dismissive which I have zero tolerance for. I understand now their business model is for a different market segment. Bespoke, Antique Vintage, Hierloom...is not what their known for or do well with. Determined to have this piece in my collection, I’m having it redone by another team - #expensivelesson
7CFD7F96-FB9A-47DB-B62B-09EF2D883110.jpeg
EB3F9FFC-443A-4D8A-9EF4-DDD5DF63BC5A.jpeg
BA0D5460-6460-46CA-9766-1EDEB49BF367.jpeg

Different team meaning a different vendor and bench?

I can’t wait to see when they are done done. You had me at asscher.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Yssie!
Pleasure to e-meet you - - not disclosing the vendors until my final decision or maybe even the final piece is completed :shhh::pray:

Are you sure? Yssie and others might be able to help you as they have worked with a lot of the custom vendors:)

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Oh my word Yssie - - Yes! If you have recommendations please let me know!

QueenFVS

Rough_Rock
Hi Whitewave,
Yes, Different vendor and bench. I hope to retain IDJ for my studs upgrade. IDJ upgraded my BN HVS2 1.5 cttw to a glorious 2.42 cttw FVS2 (Note the BN studs became the ctr stones of this project). However, my dream pair is 3.0 cttw FVVS.
Different team meaning a different vendor and bench?

I can’t wait to see when they are done done. You had me at asscher.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results