shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ 9 Stone Shared Prong Wedding Band

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!! Since finding Pricescope a while back and reading all of the threads and realizing that I’m not the only crazy person in this world who loves but scrutinizes my diamonds. At that same moment, I also realized that there were numerous things about my wedding band that really, really bothered me but that I was living with because I thought I was too picky or imagining it. Not only that, but I also started noticing that my former u-prong wedding band was starting to eat into the prongs of my e-ring! So with the go ahead from DH (who thankfully understands how crazy I am), I walked over to IDJ to discuss my options (dangerous they are close to my office)! It was my first time and I wasn’t sure what to expect but Tami started helping me and she was super understanding and her and Israel confirmed my suspicions about my original wedding band (only 1 of the 9 stones were excellent cut, they were different dimensions, ring was too wide, prong were bulky and blobbish, one of the stones was set noticeably lower, and one of the stones was loose).

Tami helped me decide that a shared prong would be better for me since it would sit lower and she gave me a very reasonable quote for pricescope quality 9 stone band in platinum . I talked it over that night with my husband and he was impressed and agreed I should do it and I stayed up that night reading thread after thread on shared prong setting to make sure I would get it right! The next day I put in my order stressing the fact that I wanted to see the arrows, along with numerous additional requests and I just picked it up last Friday but was preoccupied at a wedding out of town this past weekend so I wanted to finally share!!

I only have iphone pictures for now that don’t do her justice (bc I still don’t know how to take good pictures with our dslr)…but here she is 1.14 ctw along with my 1.81 mrb e-ring…size 6.75 and e-ring is a size 7. The first picture shows my original wedding band on top (you could see how dull and lifeless the stones look) and the new one on the bottom. You’ll also see how the new band wraps and curved nicely around my finger while the other one was too wide. I couldn’t manage to capture the arrows in pictures but I can definitely see them in person and with my loupe!

I’d like to give a HUGE thank you to Israel, Tami and Yekutiel for making me such a gorgeous band. It sparkles like mad in all lighting makes me so happy each time I look at it! They are such wonderful people, such a pleasure to work with and I can’t wait for my next purchase!

_34889.jpg

img_9625.jpg

img_9626.jpg

img_9628.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more also showing the profile....

img_9630.jpg

img_9634.jpg

_34890.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks beautiful... I love your rings! glad I don't work in the city.. j/k!!!

:love: :love:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Your new ring is gorgeous!! :love: This post could not come at a better time, because I'm thinking about buying a shared prong band from IDJ. I work close to their office too- there were a few months where I was in there every other week! It's hard to stay away. :lol:

773dianeb

Rough_Rock
Love your new ring. It is gorgeous. The shared prong is so comfortable. I also have a 9 stone ring and love it! Congrats! :clap:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Tekate and 773dianeb!!

Nycspring - Thank you! I wouldn't even hesitate to get one! I LOVE it! Would you stack it with your current set or wear it on your other hand? I want to say that the transformation of your e-ring really has me thinking of possibly switching to a classic solitaire. My hubby and I really differ in the sense that he doesn't like 6 prongs! He likes it better when the diamond is "exposed" and could be "viewed better" in 4 prongs so I never really pushed for it but now that I see yours and others here on PS I'm thinking about maybe going back in soon and trying one on....after all, I am the one wearing it :naughty: ahhh PS is so dangerous....and staying away from bling is even harder :lol:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Your band looks stunning with your fabulous e-ring! Congratulations on finding the perfect band at last! :love: :appl:

Do you know how many mm high your IDJ band is?

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new band! :appl: I love the low profile next to your beautiful ering! The band really looks perfectly fitted and it's so sparkly! I'm sure my husband is glad I'm nowhere near IDJ! :naughty: They sure did a wonderful job on your band though! :clap: Congrats!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rockinruby! I was trying to get the hubby to go with me but he refused because he didn't want to "know" where the store is! LOL

Crystal24k....I don't have a gauge but I measure with a ruler and it looks like it's a little less than 3mm high so pretty low for sure :)

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
So glad you love your new ring! Thanks for enabling me. :naughty: I'm not sure if I would stack my potential new (~3mm) shared prong band with my current set. It just might be too blingy! I mainly want a band that I can stack with my wedding band on days that I don't want to wear my solitaire (I love that look!) Also I'd like to wear the shared prong as an alternate wedding band to stack with my solitaire and a spacer. If I don't get the shared prong, I might go with a thinner eternity that I can stack with my current set. I want to have both eventually (a ~3mm shared prong band and a thin diamond stacking band), so I just need to figure out which I want to get first! Happy problem to have. :appl: What will you do with your old wedding band? RHR?

Speaking of solitaires - I used to dislike 6 prong settings as well! There are not many well made 6 prong settings out in the real world (while there are so many beautiful ones here on PS!) I had 4 prongs before, and I see more of my diamond now with the 6 prongs. It completely depends on the setting though - the thin, flowy prongs of the Vatche setting show off the diamond very nicely, and at a good height. My 4 prong setting was very low set and it seemed like the diamond was hiding inside the cathedral arms.

Edited to add: Your e-ring is gorgeous btw!!

Victoria10

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty set. the new band compliments and showcases your e-ring perfectly.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Victoria10! Eta: I just noticed you also have a beautiful 6 prong...swoooooon!

Nycspring - I think we must have very similar views and dilemmas...I can't decide what I like best and now just want it all! Even hubby was making fun of me last night because I showed him your set (in my head trying to convince him that 6 prongs are just as beautiful...I could agree that a lot of people use chunky prongs and that makes some 6 prongs less appealing but yours is perfect and stunning!!) and he actually agreed it was beautiful then said "I bet you wish you could have both settings and plop your diamond in either as your mood changes" and that is EXACTLY true. #firstworldproblems huh? :lol:

I love your plans for upcoming bands! Stacking is awesome although I feel my fingers start looking chunky when I add another band. As for my old band, IDJ really helped me out and let me trade it in along with payment for the new ring. I would be too unhappy to look at it anymore now knowing what I know now and it would never sparkle as much as it should anyway! On top of that, I wouldn't be able to justify it cost-wise since I recently convinced DH to combine a bunch of upcoming holidays/anniversary/birthday into one with a big blingy gift so the less coming out of pocket now the better! :naughty:

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
That is great that IDJ let you trade in your old wedding band! They are so nice. :) I don't want to encourage you too much because your e-ring is beautiful... But I totally understand the desire for change. I, too, wish I could switch different ering styles! It would be fun to switch my diamond in and out of a halo setting once in a while. :lol: I went with the solitaire because it is a great everyday fit for my casual style, and can still be mixed up and blinged out with stacking bands. Closest to convertible till a jeweler out there invents a convertible ring. :)

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!! Since finding Pricescope a while back and reading all of the threads and realizing that I’m not the only crazy person in this world who loves but scrutinizes my diamonds. At that same moment, I also realized that there were numerous things about my wedding band that really, really bothered me but that I was living with because I thought I was too picky or imagining it. Not only that, but I also started noticing that my former u-prong wedding band was starting to eat into the prongs of my e-ring! So with the go ahead from DH (who thankfully understands how crazy I am), I walked over to IDJ to discuss my options (dangerous they are close to my office)! It was my first time and I wasn’t sure what to expect but Tami started helping me and she was super understanding and her and Israel confirmed my suspicions about my original wedding band (only 1 of the 9 stones were excellent cut, they were different dimensions, ring was too wide, prong were bulky and blobbish, one of the stones was set noticeably lower, and one of the stones was loose).

Tami helped me decide that a shared prong would be better for me since it would sit lower and she gave me a very reasonable quote for pricescope quality 9 stone band in platinum . I talked it over that night with my husband and he was impressed and agreed I should do it and I stayed up that night reading thread after thread on shared prong setting to make sure I would get it right! The next day I put in my order stressing the fact that I wanted to see the arrows, along with numerous additional requests and I just picked it up last Friday but was preoccupied at a wedding out of town this past weekend so I wanted to finally share!!

I only have iphone pictures for now that don’t do her justice (bc I still don’t know how to take good pictures with our dslr)…but here she is 1.14 ctw along with my 1.81 mrb e-ring…size 6.75 and e-ring is a size 7. The first picture shows my original wedding band on top (you could see how dull and lifeless the stones look) and the new one on the bottom. You’ll also see how the new band wraps and curved nicely around my finger while the other one was too wide. I couldn’t manage to capture the arrows in pictures but I can definitely see them in person and with my loupe!

I’d like to give a HUGE thank you to Israel, Tami and Yekutiel for making me such a gorgeous band. It sparkles like mad in all lighting makes me so happy each time I look at it! They are such wonderful people, such a pleasure to work with and I can’t wait for my next purchase!

_34889.jpg

img_9625.jpg

img_9626.jpg

img_9628.jpg
Like your 9-stone ring. :) Is it comfortable to wear on a daily basis?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully done!!! And I can't imagine living within walking distance of IDJ. I'd have to get a second job just to support the unavoidable habit of stopping in "just to say hi" ;)2:lol:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like your 9-stone ring. :) Is it comfortable to wear on a daily basis?

Thank you! It's extremely comfortable! I don't feel any prongs, no snagging, etc.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautifully done!!! And I can't imagine living within walking distance of IDJ. I'd have to get a second job just to support the unavoidable habit of stopping in "just to say hi" ;)2:lol:

Tell me about it!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lovely, I have the same profile on my IDJ eternity and it's been very comfortable!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh! Missed this beautiful band! Perfectly complements your gorgeous solitaire. IDJ is awesome.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh! Missed this beautiful band! Perfectly complements your gorgeous solitaire. IDJ is awesome.

Thanks @LLJsmom !!! I have since upgraded my stone to a 3.24 from that 1.81 in the pics and love it even more now bc the band has plenty of bling but my larger stone is still the star!

Pinkbunny

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @LLJsmom !!! I have since upgraded my stone to a 3.24 from that 1.81 in the pics and love it even more now bc the band has plenty of bling but my larger stone is still the star!
Any photos of the 3.24? :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ac117 - any more thoughts on re-setting your e-ring? Not that I'm enabling or anything.... :)

:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results