shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas please

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay, I've had this ongoing drama saga with my old wedding band. I've previously posted about the smooshed wedding band
post2644204.html#p2644204

I've decided to have BG use the old diamonds to make a matching Novela band to my e-ring (also a Novela). I thought I was going to use all 12 of the old diamonds and buy some additional diamonds (which happened to be HALF the cost of what the first jeweler charged me :angryfire: ) to have both bands with diamonds around 80% of the band.
Turns out that 4 out of the 12 diamonds are too small to be calibrated into a new band. WTF. :angryfire:
Probably explains why the diamonds were loose/falling out of my old setting.

What annoys me is that after paying my insurance deductible, the first repair cost, and for the extra diamonds from BG, this band will have cost me quite a bit. But, I've decided this new crafted band will work and not have rubbing issues with my e-ring. I will live with the cost (lesson learned).

So....
What do I do with the remaining four 5 pointers that can't be used in my band?

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I loooooove to recycle jewelry...probably too much! anyways, I usually go onto adwar or stuller.com to get ideas to put in earrings or pendants. You could also just save them for another project that an etsy artisan can incorporate with gemstone with a touch of bling :appl:

I'm in the process of turning my custom ring into a band, and setting earrings,,, maybe depends on how many I need.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Buy a few sapphire or pink sapphire 4 pointers and make a bezeled band later? :)

antelope1

Brilliant_Rock
B.E.G. said:
Buy a few sapphire or pink sapphire 4 pointers and make a bezeled band later? :)

Curious -- any specific reason why the sapphires should be a point smaller than the diamonds? Is this something to do with the density of the different minerals relative to the weight? To achieve the same face-up size? :confused:

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
antelope1 said:
B.E.G. said:

Curious -- any specific reason why the sapphires should be a point smaller than the diamonds? Is this something to do with the density of the different minerals relative to the weight? To achieve the same face-up size? :confused:

Oops my bad. That was a typo on my part. I meant 5 pointers. I haven't eaten lunch - I blame hunger and light headedness :razz:

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I hadn't thought about using them for a gemstone project with a ring or fun RHR design...Thanks!

Any others? Would these 5 pointers be too small for use in earrings if I used them in a cluster?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results