shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for remaking emerald and diamond cocktail ring

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know what era the original setting was from? Is it 1940s or modern? Thanks

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone know what era the original setting was from? Is it 1940s or modern? Thanks

It was a estate piece; I don’t think it’s an antique as it was not classified that way. But it almost does look like the outer ring of diamonds was added on so may be a combination of both.

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Ah I see what you mean about the outer halo looking as though it's added on - didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I can’t quite figure out the bezel though hmmmm. I asked for milgrain and this isn’t milgrain (to me) but some sort of technique seems to have been used. I asked about it and waiting to hear back. While waiting, any idea what this is called, and if a milgrain is possible now? I’m posting a closeup from a screenshot. I realize that makes it blurry but it's the best I can do :(
755AA32D-F3FF-489B-9FC7-4A482D72B280.png

Last edited:

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
That’s not milgrain but I actually really like the texturisation applied. It’s almost a 1970 brutalist influence, but more refined and restrained. Really unique.

But then again I’m not a fan of milgrain so this would certainly appeal to me more.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That’s not milgrain but I actually really like the texturisation applied. It’s almost a 1970 brutalist influence, but more refined and restrained. Really unique.

But then again I’m not a fan of milgrain so this would certainly appeal to me more.

Well it’s funny you say that bc as I was writing the vendor I thought “I kind of like this” haha but I’m still a bit undecided bc it’s not what I expected.

thecatmom

Rough_Rock
I think the proportions will look something like this, it looks good to me!
6989011D-D9A4-420E-80AB-F4CD50D0954D.jpeg
ED166B6F-E6E4-44ED-821D-789FF9E6FA9B.jpeg
And you could also space out the diamonds around the halo using metalwork. Imagine this but square. Instead of the tiny melee, just have metal and then diamonds at closer intervals. Alternating melee size here will be a cool look!

BBF4E19D-9BAC-4585-A566-04D4FDC6B4DB.jpeg

Really like the first picture. It keeps the glamour of the ring, yet the emerald looks more prominent.

So happy to see a fellow emerald-lover! Can't wait to find what you decide :)

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
I generally think milgrain looks “twee” and unless it’s on an antique original piece or VERY well done a bit too fake / reproduction. This looks cool.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Really like the first picture. It keeps the glamour of the ring, yet the emerald looks more prominent.

So happy to see a fellow emerald-lover! Can't wait to find what you decide :)
It’s decided and done haha see above for my pics.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I really like it, I am with @lonysis in that i think milgrain will look out of place. He has a pendant with that texturing and I inquired about it for a necklace he made me. I didn't have enough real estate to make it visible, but he told me it was added by hand with one if his tools. I think it actually works well with the double asscher halo and though the marks will be Itty bitty in hand, it sort of reminds me of the crystal striations you see in Emeralds.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhhhhh. It looks almost silky! I love it. And the stone pops like only an emerald can

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yay, looks pretty and super comfortable to wear! Glad this story has a happy ending :)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful! I also love that texture on the emerald.
It adds a lot of interest and really amplifies the stone!

Can you show a profile view of the tourmaline? I'm always interested in the structure of a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results