shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for pendant settings for this pear aqua? And custom setter recommendations.

Saturnstardust

Rough_Rock
Hi all! I just got this pear-shaped aquamarine custom cut by Jeff Davies, and am looking for ideas to set it into a pendant. It's 1.8 cts and measures 9.4 x 7.7 x5.2 mm.

d538001c-8152-4f10-b141-3cbbf04ebcee.jpeg

I would like something that's elegant but also makes a visual impact... usually I prefer solitare settings, but for aquamarines (especially since this is a light-colored one) I was thinking maybe something that has a halo would give more impact.

Here's what I found I liked from online/ from browsing some custom setter websites:

From Joseph's Jewellery (pink stone would be blue in my case, and the oval would be pear but have a similar bezel):
Aquamarine-and-Diamond-Pendant-W-front-106057.jpeg Pear-Pink-Tourmaline-and-Diamond-Halo-Pendant-W-front-106005.jpeg

From google:

images.jpeg 2-44-carat-certified-canadian-pear-shape-aquamarine-and-diamond-pendant-in-white-gold.jpeg 101792_b_1108201375837PM63.jpeg 9ct-white-gold-aquamarine-diamond-swirl-crossover-pendant-7571015-3.jpeg

Since my stone has a blue-green tint instead of pure blue, I don't know how different it would be in these settings visually (I'm super bad at visual imagination...). What do you all think? Any suggestions/ideas are welcome! I'd also be looking for a custom setter... any reputable setter who accepts mail-in cilent stones would be great. If someone is in New York, all the better.

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 925276.jpeg
    925276.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 49822_main.jpeg
    49822_main.jpeg
    36.6 KB · Views: 11
  • sftp_i_imagesinitial21862312186231.jpeg
    sftp_i_imagesinitial21862312186231.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 11

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this might be nice to play up the "water drop" of the pear. I think the top can be modified to have only one "hook" instead of 2 to make it less busy.
PinkPear.jpg

Saturnstardust

Rough_Rock
Very interesting ideas from both of you! I will give it more thought....

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a stunning stone!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful stone - and I love the shape! I personally would wait to see it and see how the pointed end performs IRL before deciding how to set it. With that said, I loved @Garry H (Cut Nut) and @chrono suggestions.

cvalier26

Shiny_Rock
I thin it looks beautiful on its own :), with just a small loop for the chain. Congrats, it's gorgeous :)

Saturnstardust

Rough_Rock
Thank you all! It's not my first CS purchase but its my first loose stone and precision cut purchase. I'm super excited to get it and think about how to set it!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMHO as a pendant it might be a tad on the small side to give a lot of the visual impact you are looking for. However as a ring it is plenty big enough for you to create a show stopper! :)

Maybe a ringdant?

Saturnstardust

Rough_Rock
Interesting ideas... I'm now thinking of an inverted pear design like this, except maybe there should be some space between the halo and the center stone so it's not directly surrounding it. And then replacing of course the small sapphires on the chain by small aquas, and perhaps the small round diamond by a mint/blue-green tourmaline or something in that color range? sp0704sd-wg-aaa-8x5_8.jpeg

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a tiny benitoite set by Yvonne into a halo with a gap between the halo and stone. Once finished, the gap is very small and hardly noticeable, butcher's something about it that I love. It just has a more delicate feel.
Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.31.39 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.35.27 PM.png

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love this one by DK, very elegant and romantic. I hope some day, I can have something like this. I can definitely imagine yours in rose gold.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I like a lot of the above inspirations, but I think you should determine a budget first. It's easy to overspend with a custom setting.

Saturnstardust

Rough_Rock
@voce thanks for the reminder. I have an approximate budget in mind and have reached out to some jewelers to get some initial quotations, and it seems I can stay within my budget. It is a first CS custom project though so I'm also anxious how it'll turn out!

@pokerface the scalloped halo looks amazing! Let me think about it...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results