shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for hexagon blue topaz in a toi et moi ring, please!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
hi all! I haven't been by in ages - abstinence and all, you know - but I'm itching to set a pair of blue topaz. cut by JD in a hexagon shape, I think it's going to look best in unplated wg.

I'm considering to set it in a setting (like this one I saw on jbg), but would like your suggestions on bezelled two-stone ring ideas as I want to wear the ring quite frequently.

thank you!

the blue stones:
unnamed_38.jpg

the jbg:
screenshot_2015-09-15-11-08-14_1442795922951.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Re: Ideas for hexagon blue topaz in a toi et moi ring, pleas

Lovely stones, sonyachancs. :) The design you posted would work well. How large is your finger? I'm wondering if you have room - or the desire - to put them side by side across your finger (horizontally). Sorry for the completely awful picture, but it at least gives you an idea of the outline. I know that wouldn't be a bypass anymore, but I thought I'd throw out that thought. Can't wait to see what you do!!

shape.jpg

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Your stones are beautiful and the unplated wg sounds pretty! I haven't seen that many threads with bezels. You've probably already looked, but just in case here are some threads that might give you an idea. David Klass might be a good thought. I know I'm not much help, but am looking forward to seeing your project!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/rendez-vous-of-pink-and-blue-by-david-klass.214266/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-sapphire-winza-ruby-bypass-ring-is-done.213111/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ideas-for-1-2-a-victorian-georgian-toi-et-moi.202604/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/you-and-me.214435/
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bypass-ring.165307/

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This isn't a cross-over style but it is a two-stone bezel ring and I really love the vertical design of it...

ann_mckay_-_b4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like the idea of having them sort of interlocked (one slightly north the other).

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock

hi all, I hope you had a great Christmas celebration and are forward to the new year! I think I will be going with the design I posted right up top in the original post - thank you for all your comments and suggestions but I did love the swirly but clean design - but I have a new question:

As this ring is going to be worn regularly, and topaz isn't the hardest of stones, how can I 'strengthen' the design? it looks like a bezel is out of the question as it adds too much bulk to the look of the ring, so I may stick with prongs, but does a closed basket, or different prong types help to protect the stone?

not sure if I'm asking the right question, but thank you for any help!

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Here are a couple of rings I use as stackers. They are prong set but protected. They are two 5.5mm spinel rounds in a hex setting on my size 7.5 finger

_35848.jpg

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
I just realised i never updated this thread - although i must have uploaded photos somewhere else on PS.

voila, my toi et moi blue topaz ring (that we used for the wedding ceremony because i didn’t want a band!)

dsc00483.jpg dsc00482.jpg dsc00479.jpg

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! And congrats on the wedding. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous outcome! Thanks for sharing this. Do you still wear it often?
What a the specs on the topazes? And who created the stunning setting for you?

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous outcome! Thanks for sharing this. Do you still wear it often?
What a the specs on the topazes? And who created the stunning setting for you?

thank you all! my rings are on regular rotation, so I wear them pretty often (maybe even too often for softer stones like these, though thankfully they are cheap enough to replace if needed)! let me take more photos when I get home.

I have a jeweller in Singapore that I got the contact of from an old PS thread - he is very good at translating my ideas and inspiration photos into well-made artefacts! he has no online presence though..

[edit] the topazes are from jeffrey davies - I asked if he could cut me a matched pair, and he did! they are 8.5mm hexagons, a total of 5.91ct.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realised i never updated this thread - although i must have uploaded photos somewhere else on PS.

voila, my toi et moi blue topaz ring (that we used for the wedding ceremony because i didn’t want a band!)

dsc00483.jpg dsc00482.jpg dsc00479.jpg
That is an amazing ring! Congratulations on your wedding too.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a mesmerizing blue! I love the combination with yellow gold!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So satisfying to start a thread and then have it fast forward to the finish without having to wait! Anyway, congrats. Love the blue and gold together.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results