shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for a Wedding Band?

300GCP

Rough_Rock
My engagement ring is set in an eternity band of .12 round brilliant diamonds. What are everyone's thoughts on a wedding band? Just another eternity band to match?

HappyGlamper

Rough_Rock
that's what I would suggest. I think another eternity band would probably compliment it best :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think another eternity would look great but you will probably need to get a very thin spacer to the rings doesn't eat at each other causing damage. Unless of course they are not shared-prong, then you wouldn't have that issue..

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think there are a LOT of options out there, depending on what you like. You could go with a plain band or an eternity band w/spacer: you could go with a colored band of fancy diamonds, sapphires or rubies (I don't think I'd consider any other gemstones - too soft, too much of a chance of damage); you could consider an eternity band of different shapes (personally, I love the cool elegance of baguette or asscher eternity bands with round diamonds). Sky's the limit! What sorts of bands do you like? Do you want something you can wear by itself, or do you think you'll keep them as a set 24/7?

300GCP

Rough_Rock
Ooo, I didn't even contemplate the issue with a spacer. Is the spacer uncomfortable? My engagement ring is shared prong so I do think it will be a problem.

I'm kind of interested in the idea of an eternity band with stones of a different shape. It sounds nice. I am definitely interested in something with more diamonds (surprise, surprise) as opposed to something plain!

300GCP

Rough_Rock
Ooo, I didn't even contemplate the issue with a spacer. Is the spacer uncomfortable? My engagement ring is shared prong so I do think it will be a problem.

I'm kind of interested in the idea of an eternity band with stones of a different shape. It sounds nice. I am definitely interested in something with more diamonds (surprise, surprise) as opposed to something plain!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
300GCP|1305813399|2925631 said:

You can't put two shared prong bands next to each other or the diamonds will damage each other. So it is wise to wear a plain thin band in between them to keep them from touching. I have a plain 1.5mm platinum band that I wear when I want to wear something between my e-ring and band. It's just another ring, so it is not uncomfortable. I sort of like the look of 3 bands, but you just need to try some on to see how you like it best. Of course, if you chose a wedding band with metal on the sides, this might not be an issue, but most people who have shared prong e-rings here also have matching wedding bands because it just looks best usually.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results