Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity
  • Pricescope Upgrade/Maintenance Is Complete.

We still have a few things to iron out. If you see any bugs, issues or have any concerns, let us know here in this discussion.

Idealscope Expert or Beginner

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
I see the beginner idealscope runs $25 and the expert one runs $65.
http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_order.asp
For the average person who just wants to check out their diamond purchase and make sure it''s a top notch cut, are they gonna see a whole lot of difference between the two? Also, is the ideal light for another $30 worth it?

Why even have two different models, don''t they both cost the same to make?

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The expert model is with a finer ground glass lens (versus beginner plastic lens), at a higher magnification (10x versus 7x). Worth the money if you''re going to use it more than once.

Otherwise the beginner model works just fine, at 7 power. I used it for a long time before I got the expert model.

The ideal light battery pack background model is worth the 30 bucks, if you''re going to use it consistently. Otherwise a paper diffused fluorescent lighting background will work just fine, as the idealscope website illustrates.

All in all, a tool that gives the layperson a great "leg up" in judging light performance in a diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.