shape
carat
color
clarity

idealscope emerald cut request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheesecake

Rough_Rock
is that even possible? here is the info that i have.

from the GIA cert:
Measurements 6.54x4.33x2.73mm
Weight 0.72 Carat
Depth 63.0%
Table 60%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Good
Clarity VS1
Color H
Flour None

from the Sarin report:
Weight 0.729 Ct
Width: 4.31
Length: 6.53
L/W: 1.52
Total Depth: 2.73
Depth %: 63.3%
Table: 2.81, 2.79, 2.83
Table %: 65.2%
Crown Height: 0.56, 0.50, 0.62
Crown %: 13.0%
Pavilion Depth: 2.07, 2.06, 2.08
Pavilion %: 48.0%, 0.1%

the difference between the two table percentages kind of concerns me too. is it normal to have that big of a difference?
...chad...

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There rae too many variables for this to be meaningful and it may be misleading.

You could use an ideal-scope yourself on the stones, send a scope to the vendor and ask them to view them, or better still have them shipped direct to Dave Atlas.

cheesecake

Rough_Rock
i'm still concerned about the difference in the table percentage. anyone know why there would be such a big difference between the two?
...chad...

cheesecake

Rough_Rock
I know the charts. I used them to narrow my search way down and weed through the thousands of poorly cut emerald cut diamonds out there.

I would like to make sure that I am using them properly though. Here's how I think this diamond scores according to these charts.

Table 60% - Class 1B
Crown 13.0% - Class 1A
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick - Class 1A
Depth 63.0% - Class 1A
Polish Excellent - Class 1A
Symmetry Good - Class 1A

Now, doesn't that make this a Class 1A Ideal Cut Emerald Cut diamond according to the AGA Rules for Determining "Overall" Cut Grade?

If so, is the $1959 price a good one, because pricescope doesnt have prices listed for Class 1A Emerald Cut diamonds?
...chad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results