shape
carat
color
clarity

idealscope emerald cut request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cheesecake

Rough_Rock
is that even possible? here is the info that i have.

from the GIA cert:
Measurements 6.54x4.33x2.73mm
Weight 0.72 Carat
Depth 63.0%
Table 60%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet None
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Good
Clarity VS1
Color H
Flour None

from the Sarin report:
Weight 0.729 Ct
Width: 4.31
Length: 6.53
L/W: 1.52
Total Depth: 2.73
Depth %: 63.3%
Table: 2.81, 2.79, 2.83
Table %: 65.2%
Crown Height: 0.56, 0.50, 0.62
Crown %: 13.0%
Pavilion Depth: 2.07, 2.06, 2.08
Pavilion %: 48.0%, 0.1%

the difference between the two table percentages kind of concerns me too. is it normal to have that big of a difference?
...chad...

There rae too many variables for this to be meaningful and it may be misleading.

You could use an ideal-scope yourself on the stones, send a scope to the vendor and ask them to view them, or better still have them shipped direct to Dave Atlas.

i'm still concerned about the difference in the table percentage. anyone know why there would be such a big difference between the two?
...chad...

I know the charts. I used them to narrow my search way down and weed through the thousands of poorly cut emerald cut diamonds out there.

I would like to make sure that I am using them properly though. Here's how I think this diamond scores according to these charts.

Table 60% - Class 1B
Crown 13.0% - Class 1A
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick - Class 1A
Depth 63.0% - Class 1A
Polish Excellent - Class 1A
Symmetry Good - Class 1A

Now, doesn't that make this a Class 1A Ideal Cut Emerald Cut diamond according to the AGA Rules for Determining "Overall" Cut Grade?

If so, is the $1959 price a good one, because pricescope doesnt have prices listed for Class 1A Emerald Cut diamonds?
...chad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP