shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal specs for Asscher cut and general appreciation question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Someone please advise me of ideal specs for Asscher cut.

What kind of measurements should I be looking for in regards to the following?

Table
Depth
Crown
Pavillion
Measurements

Are there standards for all diamonds for the following?
Culet
Girdle
Symmetry
Polish
Flourescence

And how do diamonds appreciate? Should this be a concern when purchasing?
confused.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think it's hard to answer this because there aren't published ideal specs. If you're looking for something like a square emerald, you can, I suppose, take a look at Dave Atlas' guide, but if you're thinking about a Royal Asscher, I'm assuming that they are all cut fairly close to their ideal specs. Even if not, you wouldn't have any other choice!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can't use the AGA Specs for Asscher or Royal Asscher cuts. They are very deep cut stones with very special characterisitics. While very pretty, no one would say they show their weight visibly. They are quite small in length and width because of their depth in most cases. Some say the Royal Asschers are 65/65, but I am not sure about that. Those I have seen are a lot deeper, but who knows how old they are?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Hest,

I guess I would be looking for a square emerald but I thought it was called a modified square emerald or side step cut? I want closest to actual asscher as possible without the price tag for the name.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results