shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondjane

Rough_Rock
I have been shopping/looking at loose diamonds. If I check out a stone that looks good through my Ideal Scope, could I be pretty certain that the cut is good (without having crown and pavillion angles, etc)?

Or should I also get a back up check with a Sarin Report?

Is the Sarin Report necessary for an appraisal?

twirl.gif

diamondjane

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cut Nut for your rapid response!

Unfortunately, I did not order the calibration CZ, thinking I could compare the pictures of Excellent, Medium, Bad samples I saw on this site under "Ideal Scope".

When I held the diamond and IS up to a window, I could see NATURAL LIGHT coming through the stone.

When I looked at a white diffused surface as a back I could see lots of red/pink with spots of with some black patterning, bits of white.

Which is the correct way to use the Ideal Scope? Do I really need the calibration CZ when I have this sites printed out examples?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
This is what it says at the site:
The last sentance is the key!

If you order a calibration CZ this is what you should see through the Ideal-Scope. Note the strong overall red/pink colour and strong star pattern. There is some minimal leakage around the outside edge of the CZ and some slight partial leakage through the centre. We grade these stones as excellent.

Take the CZ with you when you go shopping and use it as a reference point for excellent cut and excellent symmetry.

http://www.ideal-scope.com/order.asp

You see the light varies all the time - and this lets you calibrate.

Do not use direct light - use difffused light.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results