shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope... what am I looking at here?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nengland

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I entered the search for an engagement ring maybe a month ago and to my surprise find myself obsessing/worrying over the diamond instead of the actual ring itself. (never thought it was so complicated until I gave it a second look)

Quick question about evaluating Ideal Scope images between stones within the same vendor. Below are two images of similarly priced diamonds. I think the first is brighter and has fewer shadows, but the second is a hearts and arrows. Am I interpreting it wrong?

Also, the first, which looks brighter to me, doesn''t seem to be as uniform in the shadows. Is that because it''s only a VERY GOOD in symmetry as opposed to an excellent/ideal like the hearts and arrows pictured? Does that impact it much under normal conditions?

Thanks in advance...

-Neil

5002902id.jpg

5002609id.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do not worry about comparing brightness...that has more to do with the photography. #2 looks great. I don''t like the looks of the first one.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 looks like a winner to me.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The first stone is not sitting straight and probably looks just as good as the second one which is a real winner.

These photo''s have been taken with the $25 plastic lens ideal-scope (as were GOG''s dumb comparison shots on his very complex website) - the vendor should lash out big time and buy the $50 version.

Both will be stunning stones

Seven

Rough_Rock
Why is the 2nd one the winner? I thought the less white the better? Thanks.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is slightly shallow.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 10:48:38 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

These photo''s have been taken with the $25 plastic lens ideal-scope (as were GOG''s dumb comparison shots on his very complex website) - the vendor should lash out big time and buy the $50 version.
hmmmm.......
40.gif

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
looks good to me...

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Garry; You mean the $65 version, right? There is no $50 version I-S.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 would be my pick based on the IS.
Whats the crown and pavilion angles?

nengland

Rough_Rock
Here are the dimensions on the hearts and arrows.

Depth 61.8%
Table 54.5%
Crown 33.9°
Pav 40.9°

Gdl med-sl t
Pol/Sym ID

The table has a dark inclusion though and that has me worried.

5002609PIC.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
numbers look good ... whats the clarity grade and what does the vendor say about it being eyeclean?

nengland

Rough_Rock
I think I''m really sold on this hearts and arrows stone. Any thoughts on the clarity? I called James Allen, had it placed on hold and was reassured that it was eye clean.

Any non interested parties out there want to field a guess as to whether it will be eye clean?

(sorry if I sound too much like a newb)

Thanks, and I can''t say how much help lurking and reading these forums has been.

-Neil

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just check on their definition of eye-clean.

What is a non-interested party, exactly?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2007 2:05:36 PM
Author: nengland
I think I''m really sold on this hearts and arrows stone. Any thoughts on the clarity? I called James Allen, had it placed on hold and was reassured that it was eye clean.

Any non interested parties out there want to field a guess as to whether it will be eye clean?

(sorry if I sound too much like a newb)

Thanks, and I can''t say how much help lurking and reading these forums has been.

-Neil
What is James Allen''s definition of eye clean? Whatever that is, I would trust it to be what he says.

But is that what you want? or do you not want to see anything from any position?

nengland

Rough_Rock
strmrdr: It''s an SI1.

JulieN: A "non-interested party" would be someone that doesn''t have a financial interest in the sale of the stone.

Ellen: Top down eye clean would probably be good enough for me. That''s why I was worried about the inclusion being on the table.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If JA says its eyeclean from the top it will be for the average person but some people can see better than average.
From the pics all I can say that its very possible that it is eyeclean from the top.
They do have a return policy should you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results