shape
carat
color
clarity

IDEAL Scope and Aset Images Requests from B&M Stores

hopefuldiamond

Rough_Rock
HI,

Should a diamond dealer/jeweler be able to get me an ideal scope and Aset image for a stone I have already looked at? I looked at it through the microscope, and while it looked nice in the room, it didn't seem extremely symmetrical like pics i've seen online.

Is this a standard service they should provide if I ask? They are in downtown LA and got the diamond from their wholesalers in the local area.

Thanks!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
hopefuldiamond|1315586437|3013645 said:
HI,

Should a diamond dealer/jeweler be able to get me an ideal scope and Aset image for a stone I have already looked at? I looked at it through the microscope, and while it looked nice in the room, it didn't seem extremely symmetrical like pics i've seen online.

Is this a standard service they should provide if I ask? They are in downtown LA and got the diamond from their wholesalers in the local area.

Thanks!

no this is not a standard service that most diamond dealers provide. If you want, you can purchase your own idealscope or ASET and learn to use it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Like SLG said - it's not usually standard practice but you can get your own.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who cares what's standard?
If it has been standard for people to be ignorant and get ripped off by buying visually-dead diamonds cut only for weight retention for years, is standard really any measurement of what's good?
Diamonds cost a ton of money and this tool can ensure you get more for your money.

I'd definitely educate the seller, if they really are truly ignorant.
Let them know it is a condition of the sale.
Tell her/him you will not buy from them unless they provide this useful cut evaluation tool.

It is possible they know all about the IS and ASET but pretend they don't, or may refuse your request knowing their diamonds are not well-cut.

We have even seen a vendor here argue against these cut-evaluation tools; which IMHO does not bode well for the cut quality of their inventory.

If they care about cut they should get onboard.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results