shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Emerald?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikie

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I understand that it''s hard to pin point an ideal emerald cut, but after browsing through some stones at Whiteflash, I''m a little confused. The stones listed there have a cut rating, and I''m not sure what this is referring to. I had the understanding that an ideal emerald should have a length width ratio of 1.5-1.75, thus giving a rectangular shape, but many of the stones that have a very good or even ideal rating on whiteflash would have a more square shape. What is ideal referring to in those cases?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Take a look at the AGA cut charts: http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc2.asp. L:W ratio is more a matter of personal preference, but other factors related to how an EC is cut determine how lovely a stone looks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mikie,
LxW is more of a personal preference. If you''d like to know more about the ideal or ultimate EC, feel free to read through this thread which I started last month in my own attempt to buy the perfect EC: Ultimate Emerald Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results