shape
carat
color
clarity

Idea for setting a blue sapphire and diamond

magicbunny

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question - I recently acquired two small but quite cute stones, a 7X5 mm cushion blue sapphire and a 5X3 mm rectangular (emerald cut) diamond. Is it better to set them individually or combined? Any suggestions for the design? Thank you very much!
(Sorry for the blurry photo)

IMG_20210308_162713_edit_974144112394585.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They can certainly be combined to be a 3 stone ring (with the right prong design to make the corners match more closely).

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here's a pendant with different shaped stones. I would do a more delicate halo/setting though for yours.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 2.22.56 PM.png

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question - I recently acquired two small but quite cute stones, a 7X5 mm cushion blue sapphire and a 5X3 mm rectangular (emerald cut) diamond. Is it better to set them individually or combined? Any suggestions for the design? Thank you very much!
(Sorry for the blurry photo)

IMG_20210308_162713_edit_974144112394585.jpg

I personally would make them separate ring projects. For me, it's the proportions that keep it from being a toi et moi set. Either I would like the sizes to be similar, or else a nice ratio of one being big and the other little. Also the sharp shape of the rectangular diamond is calling out for a similar geometric design like rounds and trillions, whereas the sapphire would be better surrounded by diamonds in a romantic halo.

AllAboardTheBlingTrain

Brilliant_Rock
I personally would make them separate ring projects. For me, it's the proportions that keep it from being a toi et moi set. Either I would like the sizes to be similar, or else a nice ratio of one being big and the other little. Also the sharp shape of the rectangular diamond is calling out for a similar geometric design like rounds and trillions, whereas the sapphire would be better surrounded by diamonds in a romantic halo.

I agree with this - I love toi et moi rings usually, but I think in this case the proportions don’t work.

I would set the diamond EW as a pendant or solitaire ring, and I would halo the sapphire.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.