shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d really like to see colored wedding dresses please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Especially if any of you ladies here have bought a colored wedding dress :)

I am hoping to "renew" my vows for Halloween since we didn''t have a big wedding the first time, and it means I can wear any color I want. So I want COLOR.
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMG_3380%20sized2.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Brazen Irish Hussy''s dress is one of my favorite! Here

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Eeee Freke you got it! I can''t WAIT to see pics of you in it, I am so excited for you.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2009 10:23:13 PM
Author: choro72
Brazen Irish Hussy''s dress is one of my favorite! Here

WOW!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I love this one which was posted on Brooklyn Bride:

lkwed3951eem1.jpg

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple of pics of a grey dress I tried on. It was gorgeous!

Link

whitetulips

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 8:31:01 AM
Author: emeraldlover1

Not to threadjack but this dress is stunning! I love it
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 10:44:39 PM
Author: whitetulips

Not to threadjack but this dress is stunning! I love it
30.gif

I have to agree - I love the folding at the top!

Always open to more suggestions, ladies. They don''t have to be dresses someone here wore, and I am literally open to any color.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
ok, so the first dress I posted I found on bklynbrideonline.com , go there. The last three weddings or so she posted the brides wore colored dresses. One is bright yellow.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2009 11:52:41 PM
ok, so the first dress I posted I found on bklynbrideonline.com , go there. The last three weddings or so she posted the brides wore colored dresses. One is bright yellow.

Oohh, thanks!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
I''m wearing the Maggie Sottero Amara Royale. It hasn''t come in yet but I''ll make a thread for the fitting if I remember to do that several months from now.
2.gif

Here''s a link to the website with model:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?showAll=1&style=S5097

I was a little worried about wearing a dress with a sweetheart neckline at first because I have no boobs whatsoever (like mosquito bites would double my cup size, that''s how much I have no boobs), but the model also has no boobs and she looks fine, so under that el brilliante reasoning I bought it sight unseen. Really I was kind of stupid about it, but I couldn''t get the dress out of my head and all the other dresses I tried on just looked blah in comparison. Gorgeous on other people, not right for me.

So in a few months I''ll find out just how dumb I was. YESS.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE coloured wedding dresses! I wore one (Alfred Angelo 1797 in white/blue pastel) and everyone thought it was very special and very me.

Here's a pic when it came in at the dress shop:

IMG_0365.3.jpg

And at the wedding!

anchorpro7835.JPG

It's a shame reducing them for posting makes them look so grainy and yuck. Oh well, you get the idea.

Definitely. Maybe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 7:33:59 PM
Author: Liane
I'm wearing the Maggie Sottero Amara Royale. It hasn't come in yet but I'll make a thread for the fitting if I remember to do that several months from now.
2.gif

Here's a link to the website with model:

I was a little worried about wearing a dress with a sweetheart neckline at first because I have no boobs whatsoever (like mosquito bites would double my cup size, that's how much I have no boobs), but the model also has no boobs and she looks fine, so under that el brilliante reasoning I bought it sight unseen. Really I was kind of stupid about it, but I couldn't get the dress out of my head and all the other dresses I tried on just looked blah in comparison. Gorgeous on other people, not right for me.

So in a few months I'll find out just how dumb I was. YESS.
Sorry to threadjack, but Liane are you getting it in read bc the red is absolutely gorgeous!! I love love love it!. I'm sure it looks great inthe other colors too, but the red is just TDF in my opinion. :)

MonkeyPie- any luck finding or deciding on a style you've liked thus far?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW!
30.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I''m wearing the Maggie Sottero Amara Royale. It hasn''t come in yet but I''ll make a thread for the fitting if I remember to do that several months from now.
2.gif

OMG. OMG. I LOVE THIS DRESS.

That is EXACTLY what I meant by colored dresses! Please tell me you''re getting it in scarlet, that would be soooo beautiful!

anchor13, I actually tried that dress on (with red edging) when I was looking for a dress. For whatever reason it didn''t look good on me but it looked amazing on you!

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:10:50 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

2.gif

That is EXACTLY what I meant by colored dresses! Please tell me you''re getting it in scarlet, that would be soooo beautiful!

anchor13, I actually tried that dress on (with red edging) when I was looking for a dress. For whatever reason it didn''t look good on me but it looked amazing on you!
That is an absolutely stunning dress.

I too would rather wear a coloured wedding dress. If I could find something that fitted my obese figure well I would be happy.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I''m getting it in scarlet/gold. I was completely obsessed with the red.
2.gif

The Offbeat Bride blog (wwww.offbeatbride.com) has loads of pictures of wedding dresses in almost all colors of the rainbow (except, I think, brown -- clearly someone needs to do a brown dress and cover this niche!). Click through to "wedding ****" and then navigate by tag to whatever colors you''re interested in.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
One thing about shopping for colorful wedding dresses is that it is really hard to find samples to try on. Bridal boutiques hardly ever have them, and since each boutique carries a limited number of dresses from a limited number of designers, it can be tough to track one down. (This is especially true for Maggie Sottero since there are a billion and one dresses in her line, and even the biggest boutique will only have about 50 in the shop.) I live in Philly and there are tons of boutiques in the area, and not one of them had or could get the dress I was interested in -- not even in white or ivory.

So, because I was obsessed, I ordered blind. For me it''s not likely to be that big a deal, since I wear a standard-proportioned model size which makes it very easy to buy clothes without trying them on, so I was willing to take that risk... but it''s still a nuisance and I can only imagine how off-putting it would be if you''re the type who likes to try things on first.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking for a vibrant jewel toned gown, consider looking in shops that stock Quinceanera dresses. The companies that design these, have a lot of overlap within the wedding industry. I''m looking for a colored dress myself, (LOVE the Maggie Sottero choice Liane) and will eventually start trying things on. The big plus with Quinceanera gowns is that they are usually around $400!

This is from Allure Bridal

Allure24Aug.JPG

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Stolen from NZ photographer www.stateofthenation.com

IMG_5321.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Demetrios

demetrios-CR139.jpg

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Example of Allure Quinceanera dress...Q-127

117_2_-1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 2:10:50 AM
Author: MonkeyPie

2.gif

I was checking out this dress in the store yesterday. It is STUNNING in person!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2009 12:54:41 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Hey MonkeyPie - some PSers have posted some really pretty ones (pink) on my thread going on right now - https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/subtle-pink-wedding-dresses.106752/

Thanks luvthemstrawberries, I was just browsing your thread. I actually LOVE Gwen Stefani''s dress and if I could have it, I would snap it right up!

mayachel, thanks for the idea about Quinceanera dresses! I hadn''t thought of that and now I am finding TONS of what I had in mind. Yay!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Lauren and I saw a pink Kate Spade (I am pretty sure it was KS) dress on Friday that was TOOOO DIEEEEE FORRRR!!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results