shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, positively #1. I''ll be curious to see if anything else you post even comes CLOSE!
1.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Harleigh!
35.gif
Glad to see that you got some V''day bling and -- since we know how much you love this wedding dress shopping stuff -- had a chance to indulge in your favorite activity!
2.gif

The first dress in this latest batch looks a lot like the Casablanca from last week''s excursion... maybe in a size closer to yours? Anyhow, that style seems to be made to compliment your figure. It would also look a bit softer, in a good way, if you get it in ivory or off-white.

It could just be the picture, but... I''m not so crazy about the strapless dress on you.

I liked how the drop waist style, like the Mori Lee, looked on you... it''s too bad nobody nearby carries the Maggie so you can try it on!

Hope you feel better tomorrow!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
5.75, 5.25, 6

Dress #1- front view: I think this style suits you and I think I''ve said that from the beginning. The rouching makes your tiny waist look even tinier, while the neckline give the ladies a nice look without being too revealing. The A-line gives you an hourglass shape. I think that you are very much a no frills kind of lady and this also plays that up. Having said that, I think that sometimes the no frills thing can be sacrificed for wedding day, and I think you look really lovely with lace and sparkles. Anyway, marching on! Side view: This is where I''m coming into the only problem I can find with this dress, how it pulls away from your shoulder/top of the ladies. That little detail is what I''ve always had problems with buying dresses myself, I''m always afraid that the strap will slide off or something else will pop out. However, from the front you can''t see anything, and I''m sure that it would be helped by having the dress in your size, and getting it fitted to your body. Back view: Very pretty. I''m guessing this sample was much smaller than the other ones you''ve tried on...It really looks nice from the back. Back view 2: Bustle-meh...nothing incredibly special, but I do love the buttons that go all the way down.

Dress #2- Something about the front of this emphasizes the size of your chest. It almost seems to make you look top heavy, which the other ones don''t. I don''t think that the halter does anything for you on this one. Ok, I think what''s bothering me on this one is that if it were in any other color it could pass for a prom dress. It just doesn''t say "wedding" to me. The back view doesn''t do anything for me either. It''s just not special enough. And I think you know that and probably agree since there are only 2 pics of this one.

Dress #3- This one gives you a killer hourglass figure. It has just enough sparkle to give it a little zing, and it definitely looks bridal. I love the shape of the sweetheart neckline, it gives you just enough coverage without looking skanky (not like you would, but strapless on large chested ladies can do that! As I''m sure you know.)and could probably have some straps added easily. The shape is very flattering to you, and this one makes you look taller for some reason. I''m assuming that''s because of the thinner silhouette. Side view: It shows off your butt. DKS will approve. Back view: I think this is a gorgeous shape in the back with the corset, and the train and the delicate beading on the train, and the shape and drama you get from it. This dress fits you like a glove. Besides being a little bit too long. I love the mermaid shape, I think it does some pretty amazing things for your figure, and incredibly enough seems to deemphasize your ladies, as well as looks really stunning from the back. And the thing about the beading is that it''s just enough to add some sparkle without being so much as to overwhelm you. I just don''t see any major or minor problems with this one at all...

So it''s a toss up between 1 and 3. They are totally different styles, and have totally different things going for them. I think I''m leaning towards 3 because of the back. I really think it looks amazing on you.

Which did you like the most? Did you have the ''this is it'' moment at all? And were you wearing heels?

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I adore number one on you-it looks perfect!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
In the original pics #4
30.gif
The back of that dress is to die for!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for #1 from your 3rd visit or the casablanca from the 2nd trip.

happy in love

Shiny_Rock
Oh Harleigh!!!! I thought I hated dress shopping, but man, it was a walk in the park compared to your go at it!
I like the first one from the last set you posted hands down. I love it! Actually, I think I tried it on, were you at that little place in Roseville?
Anyway, that is not important, what is important though is that I love that dress on you
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
What is Freaky is freke babe read my thoughts...you may be my stone twinkie...( er I mean my stones new mommie) but she and I have some how exchanged some brain cells-brain twinkie. She is right...I lurve the back Booty detail of the third one. It is accentuating that hourglass figure that I want you to showcase. Mermaidy...is right!

I see how your interest lies in the simple non complicated details of the other two, though...and how the folds of material are well suited for your personality and style. WHY WHY WHY can''t they just give me some booty folds? Those have a timeless look...don''t cha think? I see what it is that you like about them...over the glitter and sparkle. These samples were closer in your size, right? So you really look closer to what you will look in them. And as always, makeup or not, you look smashing. The folds at the waist are most complementary.

The top issues freke mentioned can be remedied with sticky tape can''t they? Or duct tape? Just kidding...making sure you are paying attention.

Which one felt right to you this time? Are you still pinning for one you tried on before...or have you moved on? What are your favorite contenders? The posts that came after Frekes made me want to go back and review all others...they made me insecure about which is my favorite. I really think your waist, your chest and your booty...are so feminine I hope your choice allows them all to shine...and not outshine the other.

Now I have divided you into body parts...sorry. Better post this before I keep rambling. You are a beauty, Harleigh!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap, Harleigh! Number ONE!

Your body looks rockin'' in it, and it''s different than the bevy of strapless dresses out there. The fabric looks rich, and WOW does your . . . ummmm . . . cleavage . . .
1.gif
. . . look great!

Number one for sure!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Harleigh! Wow, seven pages? I can''t remember if I voted for a dress yet but if not, I LOVE the first one!

#1, #1, #1, #1, #1......

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 1:16:21 AM
Author: Gypsy
Number one is kicking serious bridal booty so far. I''m really loving it on you now that we can see ALL of you, instead of fractured pieces in wierd mirrored reflections... bring on the rest babe!
Thanks, Gypsy! Since I''ve tried it on twice, it''s obviously one of my favorites!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 1:19:54 AM
Author: msb700
dress number 1!! dress number 1!! totally rocks and looks AMAZING on u!!
Thanks, msb!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 1:21:07 AM
Author: EBree
Absolutely, positively #1. I''ll be curious to see if anything else you post even comes CLOSE!
1.gif
Hi ebree! Thanks, I appreciate your input!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 1:56:28 AM
Author: MINIMS
Hi Harleigh!
35.gif
Glad to see that you got some V''day bling and -- since we know how much you love this wedding dress shopping stuff -- had a chance to indulge in your favorite activity!
2.gif

The first dress in this latest batch looks a lot like the Casablanca from last week''s excursion... maybe in a size closer to yours? Anyhow, that style seems to be made to compliment your figure. It would also look a bit softer, in a good way, if you get it in ivory or off-white.

It could just be the picture, but... I''m not so crazy about the strapless dress on you.

I liked how the drop waist style, like the Mori Lee, looked on you... it''s too bad nobody nearby carries the Maggie so you can try it on!

Hope you feel better tomorrow!
Hi MINIMS (aka my Partner in Dress Shopping Crime)!
35.gif
I hope you had a great weekend!

Yes, I was very excited about receiving some Valentine''s Day bling and, no, I was NOT excited about trying on more dresses!
38.gif

And yes, dress #1 in this batch is the same Casablanca in a size 10, which I had found after calling around a bunch of places and decided it would be worth a second look. They didn''t have any smaller clips than those giant orange and red ones, so we didn''t have any luck taking the straps up a bit, but the fit was a lot better!

I also do not like the strapless dress, (or most any strapless dress for that matter!) but I did really like the silhouette of it, which seems fairly close to the MS dress I like, but I can''t find that anywhere to try on, so I just don''t think I can pull the trigger sight unseen. I also don''t care for the shiny satin...and the list goes on. Sigh...

Thanks for the well wishes...I still have a migraine, but am just laying low for the day in my jammies.
24.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 2:19:37 AM
Author: FrekeChild
5.75, 5.25, 6

Dress #1- front view: I think this style suits you and I think I''ve said that from the beginning. The rouching makes your tiny waist look even tinier, while the neckline give the ladies a nice look without being too revealing. The A-line gives you an hourglass shape. I think that you are very much a no frills kind of lady and this also plays that up. Having said that, I think that sometimes the no frills thing can be sacrificed for wedding day, and I think you look really lovely with lace and sparkles. Anyway, marching on! Side view: This is where I''m coming into the only problem I can find with this dress, how it pulls away from your shoulder/top of the ladies. That little detail is what I''ve always had problems with buying dresses myself, I''m always afraid that the strap will slide off or something else will pop out. However, from the front you can''t see anything, and I''m sure that it would be helped by having the dress in your size, and getting it fitted to your body. Back view: Very pretty. I''m guessing this sample was much smaller than the other ones you''ve tried on...It really looks nice from the back. Back view 2: Bustle-meh...nothing incredibly special, but I do love the buttons that go all the way down.

Dress #2- Something about the front of this emphasizes the size of your chest. It almost seems to make you look top heavy, which the other ones don''t. I don''t think that the halter does anything for you on this one. Ok, I think what''s bothering me on this one is that if it were in any other color it could pass for a prom dress. It just doesn''t say ''wedding'' to me. The back view doesn''t do anything for me either. It''s just not special enough. And I think you know that and probably agree since there are only 2 pics of this one.

Dress #3- This one gives you a killer hourglass figure. It has just enough sparkle to give it a little zing, and it definitely looks bridal. I love the shape of the sweetheart neckline, it gives you just enough coverage without looking skanky (not like you would, but strapless on large chested ladies can do that! As I''m sure you know.)and could probably have some straps added easily. The shape is very flattering to you, and this one makes you look taller for some reason. I''m assuming that''s because of the thinner silhouette. Side view: It shows off your butt. DKS will approve. Back view: I think this is a gorgeous shape in the back with the corset, and the train and the delicate beading on the train, and the shape and drama you get from it. This dress fits you like a glove. Besides being a little bit too long. I love the mermaid shape, I think it does some pretty amazing things for your figure, and incredibly enough seems to deemphasize your ladies, as well as looks really stunning from the back. And the thing about the beading is that it''s just enough to add some sparkle without being so much as to overwhelm you. I just don''t see any major or minor problems with this one at all...

So it''s a toss up between 1 and 3. They are totally different styles, and have totally different things going for them. I think I''m leaning towards 3 because of the back. I really think it looks amazing on you.

Which did you like the most? Did you have the ''this is it'' moment at all? And were you wearing heels?
Hi FrekeChild! Thanks for the scores again! LOL...your DKS comment just about had me rolling, even thought the words "booty-rouching" were nowhere nearby! I actually thought of DKS when I saw that rear shot, too...is that a bad thing??? That I am worrying what she''ll think of my booty in these dresses??? I swear I''m going to need therapy after this whole experience!

As for which one I liked best, it was definitely #1...being able to see it with a better fit in a smaller size really helped me envision it a bit better.

I did like the silhouette of #3, but I truly don''t like strapless OR the shiny satin, and it didn''t wow me for the price it was...

So, keep reading to find out what my decision is...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 7:53:53 AM
Author: bee*
I adore number one on you-it looks perfect!
Thanks again, bee! You are so sweet!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 12:29:04 PM
Author: ImpatientOne
In the original pics #4
30.gif
The back of that dress is to die for!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ah...ImpatientOne...I think I should have your name, because I just want this wedding dress decision done NOW!!!

#4 has been my favorite for quite some time, but since I can''t try it on anywhere or find a dress that is very similar, I am just afraid to take a chance on it as it may be hard to resell if it doesn''t work out.

Thanks so much for your vote!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 2:06:26 PM
Author: happy in love
Oh Harleigh!!!! I thought I hated dress shopping, but man, it was a walk in the park compared to your go at it!
I like the first one from the last set you posted hands down. I love it! Actually, I think I tried it on, were you at that little place in Roseville?
Anyway, that is not important, what is important though is that I love that dress on you
36.gif
LMAO, happy! Thanks for the chuckle, and for understanding how much I have detested this process!

And yes, that is the tiny little shop in Roseville, and boy, do I mean tiny! I didn''t realize you had made it up this way in your dress quest...too bad we didn''t plan better so we could suffer together!

Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 4:22:27 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
What is Freaky is freke babe read my thoughts...you may be my stone twinkie...( er I mean my stones new mommie) but she and I have some how exchanged some brain cells-brain twinkie. She is right...I lurve the back Booty detail of the third one. It is accentuating that hourglass figure that I want you to showcase. Mermaidy...is right!

I see how your interest lies in the simple non complicated details of the other two, though...and how the folds of material are well suited for your personality and style. WHY WHY WHY can''t they just give me some booty folds? Those have a timeless look...don''t cha think? I see what it is that you like about them...over the glitter and sparkle. These samples were closer in your size, right? So you really look closer to what you will look in them. And as always, makeup or not, you look smashing. The folds at the waist are most complementary.

The top issues freke mentioned can be remedied with sticky tape can''t they? Or duct tape? Just kidding...making sure you are paying attention.

Which one felt right to you this time? Are you still pinning for one you tried on before...or have you moved on? What are your favorite contenders? The posts that came after Frekes made me want to go back and review all others...they made me insecure about which is my favorite. I really think your waist, your chest and your booty...are so feminine I hope your choice allows them all to shine...and not outshine the other.

Now I have divided you into body parts...sorry. Better post this before I keep rambling. You are a beauty, Harleigh!
Oh, my, DKS, I am never going to live this bling thing down, am I??? No matter, you''ll always be my "Stone Twinkie" to me...or your stone''s new mommy...same same...no matter what you call it, you''re stuck with me!

Now, on to the dresses, and my divided body parts...I still think the Casablanca dress is all around more me...not shiny and flashy, not strapless, not too glitzy, and is a style I already feel comfortable in. I also think that it is a bit unique to have straps on your wedding dress nowadays, and I like to be a bit different every now and again.

I did like how "feminine" #3 made me look, but I was in no way comfortable in that dress...I felt like my chest was suffocating and it felt that way in all 3 sizes of it I tried (which the gal thought was ridiculous from the look on her face, but she kindly did not say a word!) I also didn''t like that my scar was visible, which I know none of you can see unless you''re up close or looking for it, but it makes one side looked pinched, and I know this is not a look I want memoralized in pictures for the rest of my life!

As for the straps on Dress #1, they did not have any clips small enough to use so I said to just forget about it...my friend had been holding them down for me, but then she needed to take the pictures, so you all got a bit of a boob shot in that one!
31.gif
(Sorry, there wasn''t any duct tape available at that particular salon, but I''ll be sure to pack some before we leave for the wedding!
9.gif
)

And no, no booty-rouching, but it does have a little "poof" in the back that makes me actually look like I have something resembling a rear, which is pretty non-existent in my everyday life! I did not care for the way the gal clipped the train in a pseudo-bustle...the dress actually comes with a french bustle, but she couldn''t figure that out for the life of her!

Thanks again for chiming in...and thanks for the kind words...you are just too sweet to comment on what crap I looked like, but I can admit it to myself!
25.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 5:53:30 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
Holy crap, Harleigh! Number ONE!

Your body looks rockin'' in it, and it''s different than the bevy of strapless dresses out there. The fabric looks rich, and WOW does your . . . ummmm . . . cleavage . . .
1.gif
. . . look great!

Number one for sure!
LOL, Lauren...you are just too funny! Thanks for the definite vote of confidence!

Two of my main reasons for liking it were that A) it had straps, and B) that it was tafetta, not satin, which I was hoping would be a bit lighter and airier looking for a wedding in Maui.

As for the cleavage, well, I got, so I may as well flaunt it, right???
31.gif

No, no, no! Bad Harleigh!
38.gif

I meant to say that I of course would not dare to show that much cleavage at my own wedding...when the straps are tightened it''s a bit more covered!

Thanks so much for chiming in!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 5:58:26 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Hi Harleigh! Wow, seven pages? I can''t remember if I voted for a dress yet but if not, I LOVE the first one!

#1, #1, #1, #1, #1......
Hi Zoe!
35.gif

Nope, you haven''t voted yet...

How on earth have you been lucky enough to have escaped all of the craziness of this quest for a dress??? (This is where I must remind myself that other people here really DO have lives outside of PS and can''t sit around waiting for me to make a decision...I am duly humbled, thank you!)
9.gif

Thanks for chiming in now...your vote has been duly noted!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Could I have a drumroll, please???

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
The results are in...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
The votes have all been tallied...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
And the winner is...

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
CASABLANCA
36.gif

30.gif
30.gif

1831CasablancaHarleigh1.jpg

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I''m here too late to vote, but IIRC, that''s the one I liked before and it looks even BETTER on you in the new photos! I''m glad you''re feelin'' it!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
So, everyone, there you have it...I bit the bullet and decided to order it today. I called around for prices, and Pearl''s Place was by far the most affordable...so, the decision has been made, the dress ordered, my credit card charged, and I think I am nearly faint from finally pulling the trigger! I ordered it in ivory and had them do the hollow to hem to my height with 4" heels, so hopefully I won''t have to have it hemmed...

To be honest, though, seeing neatfreak in this dress awhile back truly made me feel like this dress could be a real possibility for me from the get-go, so thank you for inspiring me, nf, and I hope you don''t mind that I''m going to have the same dress as you!

My reasons for choosing this dress were the following:

I have always liked it from afar, but didn''t want to spend the money on such an extravagant dress (don''t forget, I''m cheap!);

I think I have to have a dress I''ve seen and tried on in person to get a feel of how it could/would look on me;

It was available in a smaller size without an extra charge, as well as coming in the hollow to hem length ordered along with the french bustle already being part of the dress (sense the money-saving aspect here?
31.gif
);

I am nowhere near typical bride material, and this is a good mix of still being an elegant bride with a little bit of whimsy with the detailing, without going so over the top I wouldn''t still be able to feel like myself in it;

I truly think this dress is by far the most flattering to my figure and I think I will be able to feel comfortable in it on my wedding day;

And finally, I am only five months away from my wedding, and a decision HAD to be made already!

So, I''ve got 3-4 months everybody, 3-4 months to wonder and worry about this decision I made before this sucker comes in...I may lose my ever-lovin'' mind between now and then, but I think I made a good choice...
23.gif

Thank you, everyone, for helping me with this decision...I honestly don''t know what I would''ve done without you ladies here to support me!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 8:16:49 PM
Author: Octavia
Yay! I''m here too late to vote, but IIRC, that''s the one I liked before and it looks even BETTER on you in the new photos! I''m glad you''re feelin'' it!
Thanks, Octavia! I''m glad I picked this one, too!

What on earth does IIRC mean??? (My head just can''t figure that one out!)

I told one of my friends that that''s the one I ordered just now on the phone and she said, "Oh...(insert long pause here...)I''m sure that one will be fine."
6.gif
Wow! She just might get disowned!

Again, she was one of the ones that kept picking out dresses SHE would choose, not the ones that would look best on me...she just might be fired one day soon!

Oh well...can''t please everyone, right?
7.gif

I never even heard back from my own mom about the pictures, so I guess she no longer has a say in the matter now, either, does she?

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
IIRC = if I remember correctly.

Sorry, I've been on too many forums, can't keep the different acronyms for each straight!

I think this dress looks gorgeous on you, it's so flattering to your figure and it has enough detailing to make it visually appealing without having so much that you get lost in the dress. If you're happy with it, just be happy and forget what anyone else says!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results