shape
carat
color
clarity

I''d Rather Try on Bikinis...Pictures Inside!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Harleigh! It''s FABULOUS! I''m so glad you found something you love! Whoohoo!
36.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 8:32:21 PM
Author: Octavia
IIRC = if I remember correctly.

Sorry, I''ve been on too many forums, can''t keep the different acronyms for each straight!

I think this dress looks gorgeous on you, it''s so flattering to your figure and it has enough detailing to make it visually appealing without having so much that you get lost in the dress. If you''re happy with it, just be happy and forget what anyone else says!
Ha ha ha...IIRC...I can''t remember anything correctly these days, but I''ll be sure to remember that one now! Thanks for the clarification!

Thanks for the kind words, and you said it exactly right...I think that most of these dresses just swallow me up, and too much detailing takes away from any dress I put on, and this one seems to have just the right amount. Outside of my bling, I am not the flashiest of gals! Thanks for putting it so well...I''m going to use that as my defense when other people (read here: my mother) tell me all the reasons she doesn''t like it! Ha! Take that!

I am happy with it, and I hope it looks as good as I think it will in my size!

Thanks, octavia!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 8:33:56 PM
Author: Sparkalicious
Harleigh! It''s FABULOUS! I''m so glad you found something you love! Whoohoo!
36.gif
Thanks, Sparkalicious! You''re such a sweetheart!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
You made the right call my little booty girl! Woo Hoo!! All your curves will be showcased and you are going to make a smashingly gorgeous 27th dress bride...I think I can speak for most of the board when I say...here on the 8th page...and what 150 dress threads later...?

WOO HOO HARLEIGH MADE HER CHOICE!!!
and the crowd says WHAT? Did you hear? Are you sure??

emotion-19.gif
Yippee, Yep it is finally Party Time!
emotion-19.gif

yeah dats right!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok so now that I''ve looked back at all the pics I remember I first discounted this one because of how they had it clipped in the back-and because it was so big, it just crept up your bustline, and that bothered me. But that was it. I think that you made the right choice, and I think it fits your personality best. I am a happy camper (but you''re going to have to do something to give your booty more emphasis or DKS will never let you hear the end of it).

So, which of the three pairs of shoes are you going to wear?

And I think we need a final count of just how many dresses you''ve bought on ebay and where ever else.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 9:24:54 PM
Author: door knob solitaire

You made the right call my little booty girl! Woo Hoo!! All your curves will be showcased and you are going to make a smashingly gorgeous 27th dress bride...I think I can speak for most of the board when I say...here on the 8th page...and what 150 dress threads later...?

WOO HOO HARLEIGH MADE HER CHOICE!!!
and the crowd says WHAT? Did you hear? Are you sure??

emotion-19.gif
Yippee, Yep it is finally Party Time!
emotion-19.gif

yeah dats right!
LOL...does this mean I can be your itty-bitty booty girl?
31.gif

Thanks, hun! You''re the best!
36.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I am a happy camper (but you''re going to have to do something to give your booty more emphasis or DKS will never let you hear the end of it).

She''s agreed to hang a sign there...just for me!
2.gif

Actually if you look the dress has clips...so I think she is taking it in a bit...look at the back...the folds do sort of point there when they end...and then the feminine little buttons...split the back and it really has the detail I thought the others were missing. Something bootilicious! I am also a happy camper...as long as there is electricity for my hair appliances...and warm running water..and a real bed...and a/c. Oh and refrigerator.
1.gif

Harleigh, I don''t know if you plan to have a professional photographer at your destination wedding...but will you spring for a sitting here with one? You have gone through more than any bride ever has on a decision...I want that dress to be photographed right! Won''t you consider it?

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 9:26:34 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Ok so now that I''ve looked back at all the pics I remember I first discounted this one because of how they had it clipped in the back-and because it was so big, it just crept up your bustline, and that bothered me. But that was it. I think that you made the right choice, and I think it fits your personality best. I am a happy camper (but you''re going to have to do something to give your booty more emphasis or DKS will never let you hear the end of it).

So, which of the three pairs of shoes are you going to wear?

And I think we need a final count of just how many dresses you''ve bought on ebay and where ever else.
Hee hee...I was already planning to get one of those fake booties to slip on just for DKS''s own personal photo shoot when the dress actually comes in! Now I''ll have to think of something a bit more adventurous to keep her entertained!

Of the three pairs of shoes I currently have, I think I will wear whichever pair puts the length of the dress at the right level! The lady from Pearl''s Place argued with me about my hollow-to-hem measurement thinking it sounded too short, but I gave her my measurements both flat-footed and in the 3 1/2 inch heels...she said she was 5''3" tall, also, so she had one of the gals measure HER h-to-h because she didn''t believe me! Hers was within an inch of mine, so we went with a 56" h-to-h as a compromise as I had requested 55". So, I can wear the 2", the 3 1/2" or the 4" heels, depending on how the dress fits when it arrives! The goal here is NO HEMMING!
36.gif

I''ll work on my ebay dress count for you...I''m almost afraid of what it actually is!
37.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 9:48:28 PM
I am a happy camper (but you''re going to have to do something to give your booty more emphasis or DKS will never let you hear the end of it).

She''s agreed to hang a sign there...just for me!
2.gif

Actually if you look the dress has clips...so I think she is taking it in a bit...look at the back...the folds do sort of point there when they end...and then the feminine little buttons...split the back and it really has the detail I thought the others were missing. Something bootilicious! I am also a happy camper...as long as there is electricity for my hair appliances...and warm running water..and a real bed...and a/c. Oh and refrigerator.
1.gif

Harleigh, I don''t know if you plan to have a professional photographer at your destination wedding...but will you spring for a sitting here with one? You have gone through more than any bride ever has on a decision...I want that dress to be photographed right! Won''t you consider it?
LOL...I''ll get the fake booty AND the sign, just for you!

Actually, the dress is quite lovely from the back...the buttons go all the way down, and it it really quite feminine! I can be girly when I wanna be! I''ll attach a picture of the back of the dress for you.

But I do also need all of the above to be a happy camper, too! I''ve been reading the travel/honeymoon must-haves on another thread and I''m wondering how I would ever survive without a few of the essentials! Yikes...and here I didn''t think I was a princess...guess I am if I can''t live without a few niceties every now and again! FI said I could even scratch packing all of the necessities and will let me go hog wild at the local Wal-Mart when we get to Maui! I guess I should go post that idea over there...

And YES, I told FI that if he insisted on getting married in Maui, then we HAD to have a professional photographer AND videographer, and he agreed! That way, I get the memories I want and quite possibly will be too nervous to remember, and our guests who can''t be with us will get a chance to see it all at our reception back home in August!
36.gif
Yay!

1831CasablancaHarleigh2.jpg

gtn

Brilliant_Rock
Harleigh, congratulations. That dress looks amazing on you and it has straps! I am sorry that you didn''t find the other dress, but you will not be sorry. Now that you have bitten the bullet, it is time for me to do the same. If I can''t find that maggie Ad1001, I will order the seirra.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 10:19:52 PM
Author: gtn
Harleigh, congratulations. That dress looks amazing on you and it has straps! I am sorry that you didn''t find the other dress, but you will not be sorry. Now that you have bitten the bullet, it is time for me to do the same. If I can''t find that maggie Ad1001, I will order the seirra.
Thanks, gtn! Isn''t it crazy that we can''t find hardly any of these dresses to try on? It really makes me wonder how they sell so many dresses without girls trying them on...it very nearly drove me nuts!

Best of luck to you...I can''t wait to see you in either of those dresses...they were both lovely!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
YAY! You found IT!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Harleigh:

Congratulations on doing the deed! It's a beautiful dress, I'm sure you'll look beautiful in it, and I can't wait to see pix of YOU in YOUR dress!

NOW will you share how many wedding dresses you've already bought?
2.gif

Date: 2/18/2008 7:13:16 PM
Author: Harleigh

Hi MINIMS (aka my Partner in Dress Shopping Crime)!
35.gif
I hope you had a great weekend!
Heh heh heh ... my favorite crime to partner in!
9.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!!!! this is a gorgeous dress!!

have u thought wat u want to do in terms of a veil??

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Harleigh! Congrats honey!! You look like a million bucks in that gown! It''s so elegant. And I''m VERY proud of you for biting the bullet and buying such a beautiful dress (the part about the built in bustle made me LMAO).

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 11:28:16 PM
Author: Fancy605
YAY! You found IT!
Thanks, Fancy! I hope I made the right choice, but now I''ve got 3-4 months to ponder it...aaghhh!
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 12:09:25 AM
Author: MINIMS
Harleigh:

Congratulations on doing the deed! It''s a beautiful dress, I''m sure you''ll look beautiful in it, and I can''t wait to see pix of YOU in YOUR dress!

NOW will you share how many wedding dresses you''ve already bought?
2.gif

Date: 2/18/2008 7:13:16 PM

Hi MINIMS (aka my Partner in Dress Shopping Crime)!
35.gif
I hope you had a great weekend!
Heh heh heh ... my favorite crime to partner in!
9.gif
Thanks MINIMS!!! I''m so glad you agree, and thanks again for helping me out.

Sadly, I know I''ll be gnawing over my decision a million times until the dress actually gets here and I see for myself it was the right choice! I''m a little concerned about the size I ordered, but hopefully it will turn out okay!
3.gif

Heh heh heh ... my favorite crime to partner in! That just cracked me up!
36.gif
Thanks for the chuckle!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 1:06:26 AM
Author: msb700
congratulations!!!! this is a gorgeous dress!!

have u thought wat u want to do in terms of a veil??
Thanks, msb!

I have not thought quite that far ahead, but I normally leave my hair naturally curly and put it up in a clip of some sort, so I think I will try to find a rhinestone clip of some sort to hold my hair up.

I actually purchased an elbow-length (I think!) ivory veil with a satin trim that I could slip in under the clip for the ceremony, then take out for the dinner afterwards, but I''ll have to see how it looks after I get the dress...I don''t know if the satin trim will look very good with a taffeta dress, though! I suppose I should start thinking about that soon, huh? Yikes!!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 2:35:24 AM
Author: Gypsy
Oh Harleigh! Congrats honey!! You look like a million bucks in that gown! It''s so elegant. And I''m VERY proud of you for biting the bullet and buying such a beautiful dress (the part about the built in bustle made me LMAO).
Thanks, hun! I have appreciated all of your help and input so much through this process...it''s made it bearable, trust me! You and everyone else who supported me through this made all the difference in the world!

I figured you''d be proud that I threw the budget right out the window and got a pricier dress, but I also knew you''d love that I considered the included hollow-to-hem and bustle options in my future money-saving decision!

He he he...you just can''t teach an old dog new tricks, can ya?
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 8:17:26 PM

Thanks, hun! I have appreciated all of your help and input so much through this process...it''s made it bearable, trust me! You and everyone else who supported me through this made all the difference in the world!

I figured you''d be proud that I threw the budget right out the window and got a pricier dress, but I also knew you''d love that I considered the included hollow-to-hem and bustle options in my future money-saving decision!

9.gif

It''s smart to be frugal and make smart financial choices, I admire you for that. But it''s also very good to realize that while that may be the rule...every once in a while, there are exceptions that justify straying (a bit) outside the rule. And your wedding gown is definitely one of those cases.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Didn't want to thread jack Mimzy's thread( referencing here ) with we "two sisters" yakking...thought this thread was more appropriate. 8 pages and counting after all...hogging the board doesn't seem to be an issue with you! Ha ha...that is just a joke...any who reads that please do it with a giggle.

Yes I do think we are related...That explains how my stone left my hiddy hole and ended up on your finger. It makes perfect sense to me. You were allowed in under the guise of being my relative and WHAM...(this statement is not a joke..it is the only explanation of how my stone disappeared and the exact measurements ended up as your stone.) The stars just don't align like that...really they don't. In the twilight zone maybe...do do do do do do do....

That is where and how the word WOWZERS should be I believe.

No kidding... on that thread...I said WOWZERS as soon as I looked at her in that dress...continued to scroll down and smile as I read the positive posts...and then yours came and I screamed at the screen! No that is my word!!! Haleigh!!

Poor hubby, he has to live with me on a daily basis. Good thing you and I don't live close huh? I would probably sneak in and eat your Oreo cookies. Cause I certainly wouldn't think of your stone.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2008 8:29:53 PM

Date: 2/19/2008 8:17:26 PM

9.gif

It''s smart to be frugal and make smart financial choices, I admire you for that. But it''s also very good to realize that while that may be the rule...every once in a while, there are exceptions that justify straying (a bit) outside the rule. And your wedding gown is definitely one of those cases.
This is so true! I hadn''t gotten to speak to him last night, so I told Rusty on the phone just now that I FINALLY made a decision and ordered a dress and that I was excited about what a great deal I got on it, and he of course asked how much it was. I didn''t mind telling him how much it SHOULD''VE cost, and then how much I got it for thanks to the advice of everyone here on PS, and the dear man asked me if I needed/wanted any money to help pay for it!

I about fell on the floor as my dear man NEVER offers money for anything...he is very tight-fisted in his own generous sort of way. I of course said thank you, but I kindly declined his offer and said I had it handled. Awww, I think I just fell a little bit more in love with my frugal guy...I think I may need to write this day down to memorialize it forever and ever and ever! I feel so much better about my dress now, too! Yay for me!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
Harleigh, I never chimed in earlier, but I think that is absolutely the perfect dress for you (and have since you first posted it a couple pages and several thousand page-views ago). It''s beautiful and classy, and totally "va-va-voom!" at the same time. And boy, I bet you''re glad to have that process done with. You should bookmark this thread and come back to it any time you start to question the decision, to remind yourself of what you went through!
32.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock

Date: 2/19/2008 11:26:43 PM
Didn''t want to thread jack Mimzy''s thread( referencing here ) with we ''two sisters'' yakking...thought this thread was more appropriate. 8 pages and counting after all...hogging the board doesn''t seem to be an issue with you! Ha ha...that is just a joke...any who reads that please do it with a giggle.

Yes I do think we are related...That explains how my stone left my hiddy hole and ended up on your finger. It makes perfect sense to me. You were allowed in under the guise of being my relative and WHAM...(this statement is not a joke..it is the only explanation of how my stone disappeared and the exact measurements ended up as your stone.) The stars just don''t align like that...really they don''t. In the twilight zone maybe...do do do do do do do....

That is where and how the word WOWZERS should be I believe.

No kidding... on that thread...I said WOWZERS as soon as I looked at her in that dress...continued to scroll down and smile as I read the positive posts...and then yours came and I screamed at the screen! No that is my word!!! Haleigh!!

Poor hubby, he has to live with me on a daily basis. Good thing you and I don''t live close huh? I would probably sneak in and eat your Oreo cookies. Cause I certainly wouldn''t think of your stone.
OMG...I am laughing so hard I can barely type!

Have I ever mentioned on here that I eat an entire sleeve of Oreos at a time??? (This is of course because I purchase them in the bulk pack of about 10 sleeves at Sam''s Club!)

You are killing me...too bad I have absolutely no idea where you live, since I see you are part of the WPP over there in Hangout, so...I plead the fifth on how I ended up with YOUR stone!

31.gif

So, that means you may never really know where or when I am lurking about...I did it for months before I finally joined PS without you knowing...so you never know where I might just pop up...with your twinkie on my little ''ol pinkie!

31.gif

Oh, God...I think I am getting a little bit giddy and loopy over here, and I swear I haven''t had any wine in days!

With that said, though, I would love to live closer to you so you could keep me entertained in person on a daily basis...I think it''d be a hoot!

You''re the best, hun...even when you''re trying to be tough!
9.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 12:31:51 AM
Author: Selkie
36.gif
36.gif
Harleigh, I never chimed in earlier, but I think that is absolutely the perfect dress for you (and have since you first posted it a couple pages and several thousand page-views ago). It''s beautiful and classy, and totally ''va-va-voom!'' at the same time. And boy, I bet you''re glad to have that process done with. You should bookmark this thread and come back to it any time you start to question the decision, to remind yourself of what you went through!
32.gif
Hi Selkie!
35.gif
Thanks for chiming in now! You are just too cute! (I still
30.gif
your Valentine''s avatar, btw!...now THAT makes me chuckle after hearing your thoughts on V-Day!)
36.gif

Thanks for the kind words and the chuckle! I hope that everyone else feels that way about the dress, too...only 2 of my friends picked that dress out of everyone I sent the pictures to, so it should be interesting to see the looks on all of their faces when I show up in the non-frou-frou gown!

And yes, I am SO glad to have this done with! I just need to wrap my mind around the fact that it will be mine and pray that *hopefully* it will fit! I say this because my chest is at least a size 6 or 8 according to the size chart, but my body is a 0 or 2, so I went with the 4 and am keeping my fingers crossed that the girls can fit their way into it and the rest will maybe be a wash! It''s a crap-shoot I know, but I''m willing to give it a try!

Thanks again for the sweet words and little pep talk! I will definitely come back to this thread to feel better about my choice!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
GET OUT!
6.gif
On the Oreo thing...really? No I swear I have never read anything about you and your oreos.

I thought if I said eat your cookies, someone may interpret that weird, so the first brand of cookie that popped into my head was oreo! Not kidding. I could have said fig newton, or chips a hoy...or even ginger snaps. I haven''t thought of an Oreo in I don''t know how long.

EEeeeeUUUU...this is the twilight zone...I want out! Freaky!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
LOL...you know, they say everything happens for a reason...dodododo-dodododo...and the twirling, swirling lights are going round and round as the eeriness just keeps getting creepier and creepier...
32.gif
Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

9.gif
So, on another note, anyone wanna help find me some jewelry and rhinestone-y hair clips or barrettes so I can at least attempt to hold back and/or tame my wild mane in the mugginess of Maui while I do the deed?

I figure since I''ve finally "bitten the bullet" on the dress decision, the rest must now fall into place...got any ideas???

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
You guys are too funny! I finally got around to changing my avatar, but I''m glad you thought it was amusing. I can''t believe your friends didn''t love that dress!?

I got beautiful hairpins from this place: Hair Comes the Bride

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha, Selkie...we have to keep ourselves amused somehow, don''t we???

I am so sad to see your Valentine avatar go! I was hoping it would at least make it through to the end of February...sigh, I guess since I''m Irish I should start thinking about getting into the St. Patty''s Day spirit one day soon...maybe March 1st, I think!

Thanks for the link! They have some beautiful things...I think my problem is going to be that my hair is so difficult to work with that I usually use one of those clear little plastic jaw clips that totally grips my mess of hair. I am considering trying to straighten my hair, then hot roller it into big curls and somehow try to pull it back in one, two or three matching little rhinestone barrettes, but I''m afraid my hair might be too thick for that. I don''t want to wear it all pulled back, just the front off my face, I think...

I happened to catch the show "Married Away" last night with Bill Rancic & Guiliana (he was the winner of the first "Apprentice" I think...anywho, one of her BM''s had the most gorgeous hair-do that was kind of delicately twisted in the back with a rhinestone clip...it was bee-you-ti-full!

Maybe I''ll give it a whirl this weekend and post pictures of what I *think* I''m trying to do and then that might give you a better idea of what I''m considering. If I can''t get that to work, I''ll just do the same-ol-same-ol with the ''do! Unfortunately, I am completely inept at doing hair, but can''t imagine leaving it up to someone else when I get to Hawaii, either! Ugh!

Thanks again, Selkie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results