shape
carat
color
clarity

I won''t have my ring for a WEEK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I''m super bummed out. I took my ring in today for its 6 month checkup, and was all excited because its finally sunny here and I was excited to get it all cleaned and sparkly.. but as soon as she looked at it she said.. "You have a loose diamond.." One of my sidestones is loose, and it must be pretty obvious for how quickly she noticed it (although I hadn''t noticed it at all). She also gave me a heart attack because she told me I had chipped my center stone too, but then the owner came over and looked at it and said that it was not a chip but "bearding" which is fairly common among old stones I guess.. he said they would just kind of cut out inclusions? And they had the pictures of my stone from before it was set in thier computer still so they saw that it was there previous to it being set. I seriously was about ready to cry right in the store when the lady made me think I had chipped my stone.. and she was starting to talk about replacing it.. which I couldn''t imagine..
I held myself together until we left though.. I did cry a little in the car because I don''t know what I am going to do without my ring for a whole week!! I am sooo sad! My finger feels totally naked. It even has like a permanent indent in where my ring belongs. I am currently wearing my amethyst ring on that finger.. but it is not the same. I wont have it back til next thursday night.

On a brighter note, I am getting a pretty aquamarine pendant, oval shaped..its 6x4mm and we are getting it for the price of the setting ($70).. we "won" the aquamarine at this thing the jeweler had at easter. We went in and they had all these plastic easter eggs everywhere and we each picked one and one of them was that we got to chose a gemstone and get 30% off the price of the setting. I think the setting prices were slightly inflated and it was a bit of scam to get us to spend money.. but I think $70 is a good price for that pendant! It will probably be about two weeks til I get that, because our jewelery store is a bit of a trek and they said it would be done next saturday, so if we have to go out next thursday to get my ring, we won''t be going back on saturday to get the pendant. But I''ll be sure to show it off when I get it.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
That sucks MS! I don''t know what I would do without mine for that long. Hopefully with the tightening it won''t come loose again!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
39.gif

melissasue- I''m sorry about you being "ringless" this week- it''s obvious how much a part of you its become! Thank goodness you didn''t lose the stone. I don''t know anything about bearding on our old stones, but don''t you think they would''ve pointed that out to you before? weird...

can''t wait to see that new pendant, I LOVE aquas!!!

hopefully the week will pass quick for you!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
fountain - I wansnt present when my stone was brought to the jeweler to be set... FI wanted to do that all by himself. I also found out yesterday that when he went back to order the setting and set the stone he dealt with a guy who was not the owner. The owner was who we had talked to together and who really impressed me with both his knowledge and personality. The other guy we talked to when looking at wedding bands.. and he did NOT impress me. So it doesn''t suprise me very much at all that no one had told me about the bearding before.. The guy may have not mentioned it to my fiance (my fiance says he "might" have told him that originallly).. and even if he did, there is no guarantee that information would get passed on to me. Although FI did say something to me about because its an OEC it has "natural edges".. and I never really knew what that meants.. bt maybe that is what he meants?

anyway. I''m attaching my picture of the original stone showing the chip was there alll along. There was another small one too that the jeweler pointed out to me, but I''m not seeing it now..

diamondlabel.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi melissasue,
i too have an OEC with a couple of chips..check out this link most of the time they can be polished out. it is very common in older stones because the girdle''s are extremely thin.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Aawww, that is so disappointing!! I''ll bet your ring misses you, too
2.gif

Your pendant sounds really pretty
30.gif
Did most of the easter eggs have the same prize inside, or were there some whoppers like 3 carat diamond or a new car?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry you have no ring for a bit! What a bummer, make sure to lavish affection on it when it returns to your hand. Though on the up side this gives you a reason to post a ton of new pictures for all of us to drool over. *hug*

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
melissasue-
thanks for posting the photo of that little bearding so I could see what your jeweler was talking about (and I''m sorry that employee scared you so
29.gif
) The girdle on my stone is extremely thin and I''m worried I''ll chip it once its set. I also have intentional extra facets that were probably done to remove inclusions. Since you didn''t see the bearding while wearing it (and we know you''ve been staring at that beauty since the day he put it on your finger
1.gif
) it must be very minor.....

Is there any reason your stone wasn''t set so that a prong would cover the bearding originally? Because of the shape of my omc I have strong opinions of how I want the stone to be set, slightly longer north-south intead of east-west. But your stone is round, not cushionish, so couldn''t that be done?

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why the stone wasn''t set to cover that... It seems as though this should have been possible. I don''t mind though, because as you all said.. its really not very noticable.. It just gave me a minor heart attack is all when she told me that.

As for my pendant.. I think a lot of the eggs had the "choose a gemstone" thing in it.. We picked two eggs.. one for me and one for FI.. We also got a coupon for 20% off any single item in stock.. which I may have used if we weren''t already buying the pendant.. Its hard to pass up an excuse to buy new jewelery. The "Grand prize" was a diamond worth $1500.. I don''t know if it was a pre-selected stone or you could use $1500 toward any diamond.. probably a preselected one, if I were to guess.. We obviously did not win that, or I would have been on here doing somersaults last week! I am trying to find a picture of the setting, but I can''t find one that looks like it..

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
OMG, my ring is at the jewelers too!! I''ve been wearing my Walmart special since Tuesday.
7.gif
I noticed that the diamond wasn''t set correctly in one or two of the prongs, so the little notch that''s cut out of the prong for the girdle...doesn''t have the girdle in it!
32.gif
plus, we wanted them to try and match the satin finish of my ering on my newly arrived wedding band!!! So I''m without my precious for another few days and I totally feel your pain Melissa! On a better note, they fixed a gold link (jump ring?) in my great-grandmother''s pearl dangle earrings within 24 hours, so I got to wear those on Thursday.

I hope we''re reunited with our beauties soon Melissa!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh JCJD - I''m so glad that I am not alone! I have been sort of wishing I had a walmart special to wear.. I thought about going to buy one, but i remembered that they wouldn''t fit me right anyway.. so it wouldn''t be good.. So I just am wearing my amythest. I feel so naked with out my ring, but no one at work even noticed..

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is set slightly "off", it is a custom job and the setting is all handmade so I know it will never be perfect but I want to see if it can be fixed, the problem is that I am afraid of not having my ring! I am even worrying about not having it on my honeymoon in 5 1/2 months!!! the ring becomes a part of you....I also have the indent on my finger!!!! I have my 6 month "checkup" in 2 months....I am scared they will tell me they need to keep it for a few days...good luck- it will be back soon!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results