shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to make my own harvest strand!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the look of ombre strands, however, not for me personally.

Colours are very personal, and that applies to pearls too, like I prefer silvers to roses and ivories; greens and blues to peacock and browns; and lavender has to be blue and not peachy.

DK :))

The lavenders leave me cold for some reason
Its a good thing we are all different or life would be borring to look at

there has been much talk of skin tone and complimentary colours
I don't think i could do a Tahitian strand or bracelet, they are just too dark, i think id be more a single pearl pendant and earings and a ring !

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I rationalize that pearls are a bargain compared to diamonds and gems. Imagine trying to make a diamond and sapphire necklace this length!

That is very true.

For the same amount of money, the visual impact of a nice strand of Tahitian or South Sea pearls is much bigger than a 0.63ct D/IF ACA diamond pendant from WF!

Hence I like to wear pearls around my neck for dressier occasions for their impact.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lavenders leave me cold for some reason
Its a good thing we are all different or life would be borring to look at

there has been much talk of skin tone and complimentary colours
I don't think i could do a Tahitian strand or bracelet, they are just too dark, i think id be more a single pearl pendant and earings and a ring !

Ooo, I believe you may like some of the ringed Tahitians on offer at Wen Pearls - I am very tempted, however, I don't really wear pearl bracelets except when I go out for dressier fun occasions and they are far and between nowadays!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MTG... you keep teasing me with your ombre strand in your picture. I know I want one....I know I want one.

Haha I’m teasing myself cause they aren’t here yet!
I think I read you got a gold ombré strand? I can’t wait to see pics of it and hopefully then you’ll have one too!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @SparklieBug ...hubby took this picture and crowed about his Apple phone camera superiority :) My baroque blue Akoya anniversary pearls from PP a couple of years ago. They don't look like that under most lighting.

15936511_703665963134460_4823328713715763448_o.jpg

Attachments

• 20210202_232028.jpg
    20210202_232028.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 9

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! @ hubby “crowing”. :lol: Love how there are the reflections of the pearls—in each pearl. Pearls are notoriously shy about being photographed. Most of mine look best in indirect light. Except the GSS—they glow in all light!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
LOL! @ hubby “crowing”. :lol: Love how there are the reflections of the pearls—in each pearl. Pearls are notoriously shy about being photographed. Most of mine look best in indirect light. Except the GSS—they glow in all light!
GSS are great in daylight! I look at mine in the sunlight too. I think you can see hubby taking the picture and I am using my Android phone flashlight for bright light.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

I dont think ive seen Tahitians in the flash
Maybe a ring ? but never a strand so i only have photos to go on

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That is the funniest thing - Run of the mill Tahitians grey out in bright light and show their color in indirect light.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
This is the same strand - no retouching. Tahitians show their bodycolor in direct light and overtones with indirect light.

You can find the bright green in the front on my neck and follow the colors around pearl by pearl.
Multi colored Tahitian Pearls Pearl Paradise.jpg
20210115_093106.jpg

@SparklyBandit I'm sorry for the threadjack!
I started chatting away and nerding out on pearls then realized I was a jerk!

I have bought pearls from Wen Pearls on Etsy, Pearl Paradise, Pearlescence and another vendor that I cannot name at the moment.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is the same strand - no retouching. Tahitians show their bodycolor in direct light and overtones with indirect light.

You can find the bright green in the front on my neck and follow the colors around pearl by pearl.
Multi colored Tahitian Pearls Pearl Paradise.jpg
20210115_093106.jpg

@SparklyBandit I'm sorry for the threadjack!
I started chatting away and nerding out on pearls then realized I was a jerk!

I have bought pearls from Wen Pearls on Etsy, Pearl Paradise, Pearlescence and another vendor that I cannot name at the moment.

That's very good to know

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes, I must be crazy. I want exactly what I want. So how hard can it be?
I have one source of neat single pearls on Etsy, and I have heard of wan on Etsy.

Where does one by Tahitian baroque pearls? quality....

bandit

I buy from everywhere. Jewelry stores, Etsy, Ebay. I can give you some advice when buying from Wen. I avoid her "grey" color Tahitians and choose green or peacock. I usually buy earring pearls and have them drilled for a necklace when I want her best quality pearls but never the button earring pearls. Those IMHO are not good quality pearls for a necklace. I also look at a strand in it's entirety and might buy a strand expecting to use only 3/4 of the pearls.

Also- take your time. Sometimes she will have a batch of Tahitians listed for weeks and then one random strand pops up. Here is a pic of one of those random baroque strands 11-14 that popped up and a round strand I made using earring pearls. I am happy with the quality and price but there have been some purchases from her that I was like "meh."

IMG_7954.jpg

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I buy from everywhere. Jewelry stores, Etsy, Ebay. I can give you some advice when buying from Wen. I avoid her "grey" color Tahitians and choose green or peacock. I usually buy earring pearls and have them drilled for a necklace when I want her best quality pearls but never the button earring pearls. Those IMHO are not good quality pearls for a necklace. I also look at a strand in it's entirety and might buy a strand expecting to use only 3/4 of the pearls.

Also- take your time. Sometimes she will have a batch of Tahitians listed for weeks and then one random strand pops up. Here is a pic of one of those random baroque strands 11-14 that popped up and a round strand I made using earring pearls. I am happy with the quality and price but there have been some purchases from her that I was like "meh."

IMG_7954.jpg

Well done! I love the baroque strand - great catch!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results