shape
carat
color
clarity

I want to buy a loupe...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigToque

Rough_Rock
I went to all of the local jewelers and they all said they just get them from their supplier. They also said they could order one for me from their supplier as well, but it was pretty expensive (I''m sure it includes a considerable markup).

Anyway, looking around on ebay you can find "10x jewelers loupe" for just a few bucks. I''m guessing these are probably not very high quality considering that the jewelers were trying to sell me ones for like $80.

I just just want to be able to look at the stones that I have bought for my GF and eventually at the engagement ring when I get it. If there are varying degrees of quality, I certainly don''t need something amazing if it''s gonna cost me like $80.

Thoughts/links?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
some may scoff at the idea
20.gif
but i think ebay is the way to go on this.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2005 9:51:31 PM
Author: JohnQuixote
Perish the thought, dearest Belle.
21.gif

One-stop shopping.
ha! i did not know you would be first in the line of scoffers
6.gif

actually, those look like a good value. thanks for the link
2.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought my better one here.

http://www.ajstools.com/products/jewelry/loupe.html

They had great serivce and a better price than another place I checked.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BitToque
I have an extra one I will sell.
It is the $35 model.
Here's a link to where I bought it:
http://www.ideal-scope.com/cart_zoom_item.asp?Id=19&ShowAdd=Y

It has gotten almost no use, has no scratches - has never even been cleaned or needed it.
In original box.
I don't need it anymore since I bought my Schneider.

PM me if you are interested.

Moderator:
Delete this if this is not allowed, I appologize.
He asked first.
I am not a dealer, or in the industry, just a very dedicated customer and PS member.

loupe

Rough_Rock
I can''t believe the prices people are buying fully corrected 10x loupes for! My large every day loupe cost me all of $18 at a local supplier. Check locally at jewelry store suppliers and art stores before you start giving your money away for such a simple tool. IMO, the jewelers you are talking to are bandits. They should be giving you a complimentary loupe with their name on it!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I bought one from jewelry supply their prices vary betwen 12-and I think 20 dollars. Pretty reasonable IMO.

set2374

Rough_Rock
John,

Thanks for recommending the Kassoy site. Their wharehouse was 10 minutes from my office. I picked up a baush & Lomb 10X loupe and professional grade H&A viewer for $100 bucks. Next time I go shopping, I''ll mean business. :)

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
I got a 30X corrected lens loupe on ebay for $12! It is great. I can easily read the GIA laser # on the girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results